IGNORED

Scott Twine - ?

Robbored

Excellent game today, looked really sharp and linked up play really well. His performance was capped off with a well taken free kick.

Manning wants to sign him and if he has a little financial wriggle room Burnley may well take far less than the inflated £5m they’ve been asking for.

An offer of £2.5m might just tempt them……….:dunno:

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Excellent game today, looked really sharp and linked up play really well. His performance was capped off with a well taken free kick.

Manning wants to sign him and if he has a little financial wriggle room Burnley may well take far less than the inflated £5m they’ve been asking for.

An offer of £2.5m might just tempt them……….:dunno:

I thought you didn't like wild unfounded speculation 

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 6
  • Flames 1

Thought I'd make an account here I've been ghosting for a while, but since the season is over and want to get involved in a few discussions come next season. 

On Twine personally I've liked what I've seen throughout his time here especially the way he slips players in behind which I think is something we've struggled to do consistently. Also,  the odd free kick here and there is nice.

£2.5 - £3.5 million and I think we get a good deal. 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It was £5m in January, I’m not convinced there’s as much wiggle-room as people hope.

Maybe if Burnley stay up :P I wouldn't right them off they've looked good recently.

• Like 2

He was excellent today, and it was miles up from his other performances. It’s ironic that the OP stated in the week that we couldn’t judge Twine on his indifferent games to date but is now jumping on the must sign bandwagon after one performance.

Two things stick out for me:

- Scott was shit hot at league one. Today we were essentially playing a league one side (beat what’s in front of you etc). We know he can school teams of that standard - we don’t know if he can do it against better sides

- I’m with @Davefevs - there is no way going to be that wriggle room on the fee. It was £5m in January and as stated in this thread, Liam clearly wants him. He’s not even been close to playing poker. If you’re Burnley, and your potential purchaser is desparate to buy, why would you drop the price?

So, for my book it’s still likely to be £5m or near to. And as excellent as Scott was today, it reaffirmed a known about him. On the body of evidence over the wider spell, I’m not sure there’s enough to do that deal.

• Like 11
  • Hmmm 2
  • Flames 2

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It was £5m in January, I’m not convinced there’s as much wiggle-room as people hope.

If they stay up, they will want to cut losses on him. And if they come down, they will be looking to chop squad generally and cash in a bit. And who would pay 5m for him (and I say that as someone who really likes him). Assuming his market is the championship, then not many will have 5m to spend on him - maybe one of the relegated teams I guess.

We obviously can't do 5m for him; probably not even half that. But if there was a chance at a price that didnt spunk our entire budget on one player, I'd be really keen to keep him.

• Confused 1

Still has 2 years left on his deal, so Burnley have absolutely no need to be charitable on the fee. If they do come down, which they probably will, the very best we could do is have a season long loan with a fee attached imo. 

Either that, or succumb and pay £4-5m. 

If Burnley are hell bent on that, we should thanks but no thanks and move straight for Rudoni. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

If they stay up, they will want to cut losses on him. And if they come down, they will be looking to chop squad generally and cash in a bit. And who would pay 5m for him (and I say that as someone who really likes him). Assuming his market is the championship, then not many will have 5m to spend on him - maybe one of the relegated teams I guess.

We obviously can't do 5m for him; probably not even half that. But if there was a chance at a price that didnt spunk our entire budget on one player, I'd be really keen to keep him.

If they come down they'll have much bigger assests they can sell for big money, Twine with a season of Championship football & relatively low cost to them would likely still have use, even relegated teams still need squad players. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Still has 2 years left on his deal, so Burnley have absolutely no need to be charitable on the fee. If they do come down, which they probably will, the very best we could do is have a season long loan with a fee attached imo. 

If Burnley are hell bent on that, we should thanks but no thanks and move straight for Rudoni. 

Is Rudoni interested and how much 

2 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Obviously purely speculation on my part but i have a feeling Manning will be backed fairly heavily this window, we have seen it before with LJ and i wouldn't at all be surprised if we did sign him for £5m or close to that the powers that be would still find plenty left in the infamous 'nest egg' to give Manning and Tinnion the other targets they want..

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Wouldn't mind Rudoni or Karamoko Dembele. Both left footed which we desperately need Manning has shown he likes to play left-footed players on the right and right-footed players on the left.

The Mehmeti "chance" today was a good example of why, if he had a left-foot he might've shot rather than attempting to check back onto his right.

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The big question is, how much do you have to pay if you want a good attacking midfielder and you want promotion? I haven’t a clue what the figure is, but if City are serious it can’t just be signings from Leagues 1&2

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thing is - we don’t know yet if there’ll be any wriggle room. Much will depend on the outgoing income. Obviously some players will be moving on, Conway possibly who’s probably our best asset - £2m for him and who knows?

Twine was unable to play as much as he’d wanted but when he did play there were definitely signs of his class and today’s performance certainly showed off that class - I was a little disappointed when he got subbed.

3 minutes ago, MythikRobins said:

Wouldn't mind Rudoni or Karamoko Dembele. Both left footed which we desperately need Manning has shown he likes to play left-footed players on the right and right-footed players on the left.

The Mehmeti "chance" today was a good example of why, if he had a left-foot he might've shot rather than attempting to check back onto his right.

I'm not sure on Dembele, good player but he's very small & not entirely sure he's got the physical level in terms of running required for the Championship, equally I don't think Brest would let him go cheaply as a '26 contract as well like Twine. 

• Like 1

Just now, Robbored said:

Thing is - we don’t know yet if there’ll be any wriggle room. Much will depend on the outgoing income. Obviously some players will be moving on, Conway possibly who’s probably our best asset - £2m for him and who knows?

Twine was unable to play as much as he’d wanted but when he did play there were definitely signs of his class and today’s performance certainly showed off that class - I was a little disappointed when he got subbed.

It'll be more than £2m for Conway, my guess £5m to £7m, one of the relegated teams (or whoever stays down from play offs) or maybe even Celtic/Rangers would pay that much for him. If it was only £2m you hold on to him and take the compensation you'd get when he's OOC as it wouldn't be far off that if not more anyway. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The big question is, how much do you have to pay if you want a good attacking midfielder and you want promotion? I haven’t a clue what the figure is, but if City are serious it can’t just be signings from Leagues 1&2

Rearrange these words….

million palmer four kasey

10 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

If they come down they'll have much bigger assests they can sell for big money, Twine with a season of Championship football & relatively low cost to them would likely still have use, even relegated teams still need squad players. 

We will see. Their previous season in champ didn't really bear this out. The wage bill is the wage bill and its not always easy to chop when relegated so you sell what you can out of what you dont want to keep. Twine should be sellable. But likely not a 5m. 

All speculation so lets see. I just don't think he will have many/any suitors that could pay close to 5m for him in this market.

13 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Obviously purely speculation on my part but i have a feeling Manning will be backed fairly heavily this window, we have seen it before with LJ and i wouldn't at all be surprised if we did sign him for £5m or close to that the powers that be would still find plenty left in the infamous 'nest egg' to give Manning and Tinnion the other targets they want..

If that's the case we've haven't learnt our lesson.