IGNORED

Scott Twine - ?

Robbored

11 hours ago, Henry said:

Messed up? You mean when he rounded the keeper and would have scored, if he wasn’t fouled?

When trying to round the keeper his heavy touch saw the ball overrun - he was lucky that the keeper brought him down. Had that not happened Conway would have missed yet another one on one.

Take a look at the highlights to see what I’m saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, astrondrew said:

Unless his value has gone up?

No, I was asked what his book value is which if his fee was £4m, then it’s £2m, now.  That can’t go up.  It can only down as a result of an impairment.

His market value (completely different) to Burnley was £5m in January.

Edited by Davefevs

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It was £5m in January, I’m not convinced there’s as much wiggle-room as people hope.

Especially as it's dependant on who Burnley lose in the summer.

Some of their fans seems to be hoping he'll be lining up for them next season.

My issue with Twine isn't an issue with him specifically, but that in the final third we lack some movement, specifically pace. He does help with that in finding pockets, but I don't think we can afford the £4-5m figure being banded about on the Claret end when we need someone who can stretch the opposition as well.

Better off looking to Europe if we want value. I.e. Burnley getting Benson for £3m, Coventry getting van Ewijk for £3.5m, etc.

• Like 1

Really wish I could remember the interview where Tinnion implied there was a gentleman’s agreement to sign him even though not part of the loan contract. Guess we’ll know soon enough if they back Liam, as one of his first signings can’t deny results have been pretty positive when he’s played. Not sure what’s happened with Mebude though, almost polar opposite, it’s so us though if he goes somewhere & does a Bolasie though!

8 minutes ago, Nugget said:

Really wish I could remember the interview where Tinnion implied there was a gentleman’s agreement to sign him even though not part of the loan contract. Guess we’ll know soon enough if they back Liam, as one of his first signings can’t deny results have been pretty positive when he’s played. Not sure what’s happened with Mebude though, almost polar opposite, it’s so us though if he goes somewhere & does a Bolasie though!

Pretty sure he said there was nothing, but we’d keep talking to them.

I’d like to see us sign him. Much more to come from Twine IMO and not surprising that he and we have got better as he has got fitter and more games under his belt.

Wouldn't pay £5m but I don’t think we’ll need to. Could be wrong but I don’t see him being more than substitute for them if they were to get relegated this season.

I thought he showed what we could have yesterday,. Not just from him but from that genuine No.10. Conway was much more involved , his runs were spotted nice and early and the link up was good. I know it was "only" Rotherham , but it was really promising.
The problem for me is that I think we will lose them both.
f we could get Twine early enough, it might convince TC to stay ( with a decent new deal obviously ) . I doubt he's enjoyed much of the recent football , he has been starved of chances for a while, but maybe the Club can convince him of the chance of a top 6 push with him at the front and with the chance of good regular service ?  His reputation would grow and he could get that big move he probably wants.
A stretch I know. 
Twine signed a four-year deal in June 2022 , Burnley paid £4m , they will be in the Championship next year. 
That for me does not add up to them taking a cut price £2m or whatever. 

• Like 6

As well as his goal, I'm pretty sure Twine played TC through for the pen & Anis for his 1v1, so he could have ended with a goal & 2 assists.

Notwithstanding the fact Rotherham was unbelievably bad (thought they'd be much more in our faces), in fairness to us we were on it from the start & it was pleasing to see us open teams up so much without having to rely on counters on translation.  

There was a fantastic bit of interplay between TC & James, arguably TC should score but the keepers does pretty well.

On the basis we're not going to get a budget busting fee for TC (back of a decent, not stellar, season & final Yr of contract) I'd be happy to keep him & "get our value on the pitch" (no sniggering at the back!). Depends somewhat on his mindset really as not point keeping a non motivated player.

When (if) all of our centrebacks are fit we're going to have a lot of good options there. A few months back the thought of losing Dickie or Zak was terrifying but Roberts & Tanner have done great. Ironically the problem next season could be keeping them all happy with their game time.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

One element of this that people underestimate is the role Twine plays - if he pushes for the move then you could knock off a sizeable amount. I get the impression Twine would love to be here, playing in his best position, guarenteed to be the “star” man, local to home, a manager who has got the best out of him…..he also knows that he is at a point where he needs regular games. If I were him I would be making it very clear to Burnley what my thoughts and hopes were. Not sure he is that kind of lad though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

As well as his goal, I'm pretty sure Twine played TC through for the pen & Anis for his 1v1, so he could have ended with a goal & 2 assists.

Notwithstanding the fact Rotherham was unbelievably bad (thought they'd be much more in our faces), in fairness to us we were on it from the start & it was pleasing to see us open teams up so much without having to rely on counters on translation.  

There was a fantastic bit of interplay between TC & James, arguably TC should score but the keepers does pretty well.

On the basis we're not going to get a budget busting fee for TC (back of a decent, not stellar, season & final Yr of contract) I'd be happy to keep him & "get our value on the pitch" (no sniggering at the back!). Depends somewhat on his mindset really as not point keeping a non motivated player.

When (if) all of our centrebacks are fit we're going to have a lot of good options there. A few months back the thought of losing Dickie or Zak was terrifying but Roberts & Tanner have done great. Ironically the problem next season could be keeping them all happy with their game time.

He did - and also add I feel like I’ve noticed him making good runs into the box off the ball and getting into good positions on a number of occasions, only not to be found by a team mate - he could and should well have added several more goals to his tally if he was picked out more often.

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

He did - and also add I feel like I’ve noticed him making good runs into the box off the ball and getting into good positions on a number of occasions, only not to be found by a team mate - he could and should well have added several more goals to his tally if he was picked out more often.

Since he joined, our results when he's played have I think been far better than when he hasn't.  He hasn't always massively impressed me but it may well be he brings things to the team my untrained eye doesn't see. Causation & correlation et al but if nothing else, he gives the oppo something different to think about.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Indeed, and he should have been ‘found’ by Nahki Wells yesterday.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s my view that Conway is seriously overrated my some posters on here. It’s an opinion Sturny……..…:cool2:

I’m not taking refuse in the false security of consensus.

'Seriously overrated' Honestly mate take a break from football, yes he misses a few as all strikers do, but knowing some OTIB's summaries on strikers Antoine was a duffer too.

He is still learning and most players don't peak until mid 20's.

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I’d also like to see it again if it’s on the highlights, but felt like if Anis hadn’t tried to walk it past their whole defence and keeper into the net in the first half, Twine was close by with a better chance to shoot. 

18 minutes ago, DeParis said:

One element of this that people underestimate is the role Twine plays - if he pushes for the move then you could knock off a sizeable amount. I get the impression Twine would love to be here, playing in his best position, guarenteed to be the “star” man, local to home, a manager who has got the best out of him…..he also knows that he is at a point where he needs regular games. If I were him I would be making it very clear to Burnley what my thoughts and hopes were. Not sure he is that kind of lad though.

I think even wit that, it won’t make a difference imo. He’s not a big earner, hes still a way to go on his contract, it won’t make Burnley any money, personally don’t think it’ll have the pull of say, Conway forcing a move. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Imagine if we had had him or his ilk all season, as literally everyone said in August 😡

His injury was the issue. Not sure how many games he missed but around 12 at a guess.

38 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I thought he showed what we could have yesterday,. Not just from him but from that genuine No.10. Conway was much more involved , his runs were spotted nice and early and the link up was good. I know it was "only" Rotherham , but it was really promising.
The problem for me is that I think we will lose them both.
f we could get Twine early enough, it might convince TC to stay ( with a decent new deal obviously ) . I doubt he's enjoyed much of the recent football , he has been starved of chances for a while, but maybe the Club can convince him of the chance of a top 6 push with him at the front and with the chance of good regular service ?  His reputation would grow and he could get that big move he probably wants.
A stretch I know. 
Twine signed a four-year deal in June 2022 , Burnley paid £4m , they will be in the Championship next year. 
That for me does not add up to them taking a cut price £2m or whatever. 

Tommy has also missed a number of chances this season I view him as a decent enough Championship striker but will never score 20 plus goals a season. The club has stated many times they are looking to bring in a No 9 in the summer so if he stays I don't think he will be first choice up front anyway. wish him well if he leaves but won't be overly disappointed .

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I thought Twin played well, but if you're talking about the moment I think you are, that was a poor run from him which gave Wells no possibility of finding him. Twine needed to pause his run to create the space.

• Like 1

I thought Twine was good yesterday, nice free kick . His loan has been ok and I can see a player who is better than what we’ve got in his position. Has he done enough to justify a move and fee I’m not sure . 

• Like 2

His loan has played out entirely into our hands if we want him.

Seen enough to think he’ll be a fit, makes us better than without & will only improve

Probably not done quite enough to justify what Burnley paid & equally probably not shown enough especially to be a nailed on starter for them either.

Easy to see a scenario where Burnley cash their chips in at 2m & everyone’s happy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shelts said:

I thought Twine was good yesterday, nice free kick . His loan has been ok and I can see a player who is better than what we’ve got in his position. Has he done enough to justify a move and fee I’m not sure . 

Think what has become apparent in the last two games is that you get a balance in your two no10s (in the 3421) perming 2 from 3:

• Twine the technical passing no10
  • Mehmeti the dribbling no10
  • Sykes (on form) the running no10

And you need different ways to open up difference teams.

So whoever we get if it’s not Twine, needs to be Twine-like imho.

+++++

The slight confusion for me is that if Twine / Conway is the combo Manning is so keen to keep, and signs last week that TC gets service from ST in this set up…does the “no9” profile we’ve been told fit that.

Lets just try really hard to keep TC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Think what has become apparent in the last two games is that you get a balance in your two no10s (in the 3421) perming 2 from 3:

• Twine the technical passing no10
  • Mehmeti the dribbling no10
  • Sykes (on form) the running no10

And you need different ways to open up difference teams.

So whoever we get if it’s not Twine, needs to be Twine-like imho.

+++++

The slight confusion for me is that if Twine / Conway is the combo Manning is so keen to keep, and signs last week that TC gets service from ST in this set up…does the “no9” profile we’ve been told fit that.

Lets just try really hard to keep TC.

Makes sense depending on how we set up and types of 10 . I really hope we keep Tommy . 

9 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Tommy has also missed a number of chances this season I view him as a decent enough Championship striker but will never score 20 plus goals a season. The club has stated many times they are looking to bring in a No 9 in the summer so if he stays I don't think he will be first choice up front anyway. wish him well if he leaves but won't be overly disappointed .

He has missed a few chances , I think it took him a while to get up to speed, plus when you only get a few I'm not surprised he snatched at some . I think he could be a 20 a season striker with someone on his wavelength . It was Nahki , it could be Twine, but someone that can spot or predict his runs and that can give him chances . 

Looking at some meaningless and unprovable stats :whistle2:

30 starts , 12 goals , over 46 games would be around 18 goals. Plus many of those games he looked totally isolated . 

As for a new striker , well at the moment that's just a dream . At least in as much as all the qualities that he needs to have according to the Club. Great if we find someone , but as it's going to be from abroad there is no guarantee and we are not in the position to spend loads , plus we know Manning hold out house of Twine. We will need a lot of luck to find a cheap-ish 20 goal striker that is ready to hit the ground running in the Championship. I think they also said , big, strong ,pacy and can link play.

It doesn't really matter as I think he will leave , and relatively cheaply . I hope the recruitment Dept are working overtime.

16 hours ago, Puckle_red said:

Great free kick, very little else. 

I mentioned a couple of months ago I'd hoped he was a young Jamie Paterson, so far I've seen nothing to suggest he's as good as Paterson was.

He goes missing a lot and personally I'd pass, and get someone less hyped, maybe from abroad.

I've never seen a City player go missing so badly and regularly as Paterson did

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1