IGNORED

Tinnion is back!

Just now, glynriley said:

Mate, let it go. You got your wish, Pearson is gone. 

I will say though, Tinnion took over a squad that had reached 2 consecutive play offs, was allowed to bring in players like Brooker, Stewart, Heffernan and Bridges, and still only slightly bettered Pearson win percentage, who was operating in a higher division with huge budgetary restrictions. 

As I said, you wanted Nige gone for a while, he’s gone now so you can enjoy Brian running the club again. 

I never though that NP was doing a particularly good job (with the team) I understood his impact away from the playing side.

I don't think I ever called for his head - I just questioned if we were going anywhere under him & if he was getting the best out of players - his record was pretty poor here generally & our dreadful home form, inability to string any results together were getting tedious.

I thought timing was questionable, but not the overall decision to replace him.

What I can't fathom, is the way his tenure here is looked back on by so many (mainly on here, in fairness)

This a great forum for an opinion, so long as it's in line with what the vocal few think... present facts to question some of the opinions of situations & you get the everyone constructive face palm emoji from people who can't construct an counter to back up their own opinions... love it.!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

31 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Comparing their time here - not their overall managerial career...

I'm looking it up now & it seems that the "failure" (I agree, it was) of BT's time in charge here wasn't all that different to NP's time here.

It was with a lot more resources in a lower league for a start.

• Like 2

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

I never though that NP was doing a particularly good job (with the team) I understood his impact away from the playing side.

I don't think I ever called for his head - I just questioned if we were going anywhere under him & if he was getting the best out of players - his record was pretty poor here generally & our dreadful home form, inability to string any results together were getting tedious.

What I can't fathom, is the way his tenure here is looked back on by so many (mainly on here, in fairness)

This a great forum for an opinion, so long as it's in line with what the vocal few think... present facts to question some of the opinions of situations & you get the everyone constructive face palm emoji from people who can't construct an counter to back up their own opinions... love it.!

Agree first 2 paragraphs - why the board talked so much bollocks afterwards makes no sense to me.

1 minute ago, Jose said:

It is painfully awkward how clueless you are. 

One managing in a division lower as one of the biggest spenders the other completely cutting back but still having us competitive in a higher division. 

I don’t know why I’m bothering. You are on a wind up or just that stupid it’s not even worth debating with you. 

He's just beyond obsessed with Pearson for some bizarre reason.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

There are loads of good counter points, which people have told you many, many times. 

The fact you choose to ignore them doesn't mean they don't exist. That's on you.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Sorry mate posted before I read this.

Spot on.

No need to apologise - there'll be a lot of people debunking that daft comparison more or less at the same time.

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Tinnion - absolute disaster who should never have been given the job & left with most people pitying him for the blight on his CV & impact on legendary status at the club....

MP - 61

W - 22

D - 22

L - 17

Win % - 36.07%

PPG - 1.44

Pearson - one of the best managers we've had - the big name that many had craved, who was outrageously replaced with some people still fawning over his departure now.....

MP - 131

W - 42

D - 31

L - 58

Win % - 32.1%

PPG - 1.2

Well that's a little awkward..!

Maaaaaaaate, c’mon. 🤣

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Part of me questions whether Pearson was that interested in the whole recruitment side of things - he always mentioned about not dealing with agents - I wonder whether he is this hands off types (not saying he is, I have no idea).

Very interested is the answer….he put the strategy and processes / profiles in place (with RG) for starters.  He is a big reason recruitment has improved over the past 2.5 years.

He is a manager though, an observer, not a doer, he empowers people (like Gilhespy said), etc.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Part of me questions whether Pearson was that interested in the whole recruitment side of things - he always mentioned about not dealing with agents - I wonder whether he is this hands off types (not saying he is, I have no idea).

I think you misunderstand Nigel's point. He would have set out the profile of player he wanted and the analysts would have come up with viable options. He would state his preferences then talks would begin.

Negotiating with agents would then fall to e.g. the Technical Director/Chief Executive. You really don't want the Manager agreeing wages and contracts. Those days are gone.

At some point Nigel would have met the player to assess his character and persuade him to join. So he wouldn't need to deal with agents.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well, I sit behind you every week so I know you (and my old man) were calling for him to be sacked about 18 months ago…!!

The only facts you’ve presented is that Tinnion, in a lower league, and with a squad that was good enough to finish 3rd two seasons on the trot, has a slightly better record than Pearson. 

Tinnions record is also better than Mannings. Maybe we should sack him and let Brian do the job again. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 8

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Because we were in an almighty mess, and he (along with RG) saved us.

I can’t believe this still needs to be said.

• Like 7
  • Flames 11

This makes a change, Pearson Vs Tinnion , Liam Manning take a seat.

Tinnion took over a 3rd tier team that had finished 3rd the previous 2 years I believe , and had the mercurial Leroy Lita bursting on the scene. Credit for playing him , but it would have been hard not to seeing many of us slagged Wilson off for not playing him in the Playoff final. Club in a decent position, financially sound .

Job , to get Promotion 

Pearson took over a Championship side , decent position but stuffed by FFP and 14 players OOC in the summer. We had lost 5 on the spin I think , possibly without scoring. 

Job Right the ship, sort finances and build squad and backroom staff . 

The result Tinnion finished 7th and was then sacked 8 games into the following season  .  Losing 4 of 8 winning 1 and the 7-1 did him. 

Pearson did what he was asked to with the squad and backroom , and Manning was able to come into a good position . Financial worries all but gone , healthy solid squad ( injuries apart) and Pearson was sacked after losing a game having to play a decimated squad. 

Context is everything. 

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 14
  • Flames 3

31 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Tinnion - absolute disaster who should never have been given the job & left with most people pitying him for the blight on his CV & impact on legendary status at the club....

MP - 61

W - 22

D - 22

L - 17

Win % - 36.07%

PPG - 1.44

Pearson - one of the best managers we've had - the big name that many had craved, who was outrageously replaced with some people still fawning over his departure now.....

MP - 131

W - 42

D - 31

L - 58

Win % - 32.1%

PPG - 1.2

Well that's a little awkward..!

You are being incredibly disingenuous Rob

Tinnion took over after two 3rd place finishes with the expectation of promotion, finished 7th and unbelievably got smashed 7-1 in the third tier. 36% win rate in that league is absolutely terrible.

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I can’t believe this still needs to be said.

Me neither but some fans seem prepared to ignore off the field matters or at least had no idea of the disastrous position we were in.

Mind you the hierarchy have never admitted their culpability and certainly never credited RG and NP with digging them out of a hole. So maybe it's not surprising that some fans don't get it.

• Like 1
  • Flames 6

33 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

you get the everyone constructive face palm emoji

I gave you one, huge apologies, multiple posters have subsequently explained why, so I'll skip replication, but I'm just curious, what does that sentence mean?

18 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Me neither but some fans seem prepared to ignore off the field matters or at least had no idea of the disastrous position we were in.

Mind you the hierarchy have never admitted their culpability and certainly never credited RG and NP with digging them out of a hole. So maybe it's not surprising that some fans don't get it.

i think some people only see their 2 hours at the gate as anything to do with them or all that bothers them so dont pay any attention to anything else thats going on.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Jobi said:

He made it clear initially that the squad wasn’t in the right place for loans, and that could cause additional damage. He then stated he didn’t want loans as it could be a barrier to our own players progress. He was definately consistent with his message.

He was right in being consistent, Loans can be expensive now and he wanted to see our youngsters taking that opportunity,I have a feeling we will be in the loan market next season. I've said on here before we are back to the Johnson days. 

Edited by Street red
  • Like 3

Just now, Street red said:

He was right in being consistent loans can be expensive now and he wanted to see our youngsters taking that opportunity,I have a feeling we will be in the loan market next season. I've said on here before we are back to the Johnson days. 

Maybe true however I think Manning is better than Johnson, and I don’t think he will get nearly as much money to spend.

2 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Maybe true however I think Manning is better than Johnson, and I don’t think he will get nearly as much money to spend.

Let's hope we don't have to many loans sitting on the bench doing nothing.

9 minutes ago, Street red said:

Let's hope we don't have to many loans sitting on the bench doing nothing.

Wouldn't have a great issue with 2 or 3 to fill the squad to 24, 25. Ideally keep who we wanna keep too, James, Williams, Conway and all other key while 2-3 can ice the cake.

Ideally not of the level of Dire, quality rather than quantity etc but can be a good alternative to splashing millions..

However if it is scattergun, or to replace key players either sold or not renewed thst sounds like a road to chaos.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Superjack said:

The bloke is like a ****ing toddler. 

This club is doomed until this carcinogenic cell is removed.

12 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

Tinnion has done a good job with the Academy and when managing the development of young players out on loan. 
My opinion is that he is unsuitable for the role he has now. 
Name calling such as this is in my opinion unnecessarily rude and disrespectful. 

Don't worry.

He won't know what carcinogenic means.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Comparing their time here - not their overall managerial career...

I'm looking it up now & it seems that the "failure" (I agree, it was) of BT's time in charge here wasn't all that different to NP's time here.

I remember my 1st beer too. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I'm not sure we will ever know the real reason why Nigel Pearson was sacked, but it was not the deliberate act of self sabotage that some here make it out to be.

It was midly surprising but nothing more than that, and would have happened sooner or later.

The others naturally followed once Pearson was gone.

******* hell 😂

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It would be quite interesting to see Brian Tinnions managerial stats here - which were generally regarded as a disaster - compared to Nigel Pearsons.

Of course, they both managed us in different divisions, but then our squad would have been equivalently different.

I don't know how they'd actually stack up as Tinnions stats don't seem to be easily found - but I know for a fact that Pearsons were underwhelming.

EDIT - also, on topic, has he not just tweeted a couple of factual references to the season just gone..?

Academy players coming through - true.

Finished higher than we have for several years - true.

Progress..? Questionable I suppose - but factually correct. Of course he's going to look at the positive slant in his assements. 

Next season, with a summer window & pre-season under his belt, is the only fair way to judge LM.

Personally I think he has done OK generally. Certainly alot of work to do & improvements to be made - but there were also some encouraging signs aswell.

Next season will be interesting.!

Strange use of the word interesting there..twice.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jobi said:

Out of genuine interest, why do you think Manning is better than Johnson?

2 hours ago, FNQ said:

Out of genuine interest, why do you think Manning is better than Johnson?

LJ always struck me as a kid in a sweet store, loads of options and everything at his fingertips. He never had a really clear idea of how to use them. The fact his most recent job was at Fleetwood tells me his stock has fallen (nothing against the guy). Manning can clearly coach, you can’t play the type of football we have been without it being drilled (still has lots to learn though)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jobi said:

LJ always struck me as a kid in a sweet store, loads of options and everything at his fingertips. He never had a really clear idea of how to use them. The fact his most recent job was at Fleetwood tells me his stock has fallen (nothing against the guy). Manning can clearly coach, you can’t play the type of football we have been without it being drilled (still has lots to learn though)

Which type of football do you mean ?

The boring Manning heavy possession based style that allows the opposition to get back in to shape or the style of football that the squad was built to play and he has reverted to post Easter.

Edited by Sir Geoff
Extra text
  • Flames 3

9 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Which type of football do you mean ?

The boring Manning heavy possession based style that allows the opposition to get back in to shape or the style of football that the squad was built to play and he has reverted to post Easter.

This idea he has “reverted” to anything is nonsense, he has changed, he had to, no doubt about that….but reverted to what?