IGNORED

Can We Get One Singing Area Together?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

because he asked how many "G'S" there were... not how many G are there..

get me.

That is not the reason why it is zero as such.

The actual reason is in the question (forgetting all the stuff before it), i.e. :-

How many G's in the above?

T H E A B O V E

It's the same as saying

She sells sea-shells on the sea-shore. How many S's are there in that phrase (ANSWER IS 1), but all your mates will be looking upwards muttering "two, three, four".

Great fun in my immature world! biggrin.gif

That is not the reason why it is zero as such.

The actual reason is in the question (forgetting all the stuff before it), i.e. :-

How many G's in the above?

T H E  A B O V E

It's the same as saying

She sells sea-shells on the sea-shore.  How many S's are there in that phrase (ANSWER IS 1), but all your mates will be looking upwards muttering "two, three, four".

Great fun in my immature world!  biggrin.gif

If we're looking at proper english here doesn't the above need be in quotes i.e. "the above" otherwise the english interpretation would be such that the words the above are removed and replaced by your long word with the g's? biggrin.gif Any english teachers in here? biggrin.gif

p.s. wilski you're so dumb! biggrin.gif

If we're looking at proper english here doesn't the above need be in quotes i.e. "the above" otherwise the english interpretation would be such that the words the above are removed and replaced by your long word with the g's? biggrin.gif Any english teachers in here? biggrin.gif

p.s. wilski you're so dumb! biggrin.gif

Strictly speaking yes. That is why it works better orally! blink.gif

Just thought of a way to catch more people out with the sea-shells bit.

Start by saying "how many S's in the following phrase" as opposed to at the end when they're more focused on the question.

I'm going to have some fun tonight! unsure.gifsleeping.gif

Strictly speaking yes.  That is why it works better orally!  blink.gif

Just thought of a way to catch more people out with the sea-shells bit.

Start by saying "how many S's in the following phrase" as opposed to at the end when they're more focused on the question.

I'm going to have some fun tonight!  unsure.gif  sleeping.gif

So i was actually right after all? oi oi Neo is admitting defeat biggrin.gif nice one biggrin.gifchant6ez.gifdance.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Ah this thread is like a old friend!

Best keep it going to entice those buying season tickets when they realise there's a promotion bandwagon to jump on!

COME IN G BLOCK DOLMAN

Ashcott Boy Posted Today, 10:56 AM

Only 1 day left lets hope we get a really good atmosphere going tomorrow. G Block should be sold out tomorrow so lets try and get everyone singing!!!

We will, Just everyone get there early please, because with a sell out there is bound to be a massive queue by 5 to 3, so we want all the singers in place nice and early, ready to roar the team to victory!!!! chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

The great PAUL CHEESLEY once said the fans helped the 75/76 squad to promotion, now it's time we did it for the present team!!!!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!

We will, Just everyone get there early please, because with a sell out there is bound to be a massive queue by 5 to 3, so we want all the singers in place nice and early, ready to roar the team to victory!!!! chant6ez.gif  chant6ez.gif  chant6ez.gif

The great PAUL CHEESLEY once said the fans helped the 75/76 squad to promotion, now it's time we did it for the present team!!!!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!

Not just Block G, with a potential sell ouy the whole ground should be rocking, are they opening the East End for home fans? Would be great if they did, might prove that we should'nt start any building work yet chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

Not just Block G, with a potential sell ouy the whole ground should be rocking,

Absolutely, what we want is the whole ground getting right behind the lads all the time. ASHTON GATE is loud enough when things are going well, but it's when things aren't that we can and should make a difference!!! chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

The B block of the DOLMAN and the corner of the ATYEO do their bit, but the hope is that we can get this idea of being supportive all the time all around the ground and make matchdays a pleasure no matter what happens on the pitch!!! chant6ez.gifcity.giflaugh.gif

I know it sounds like something out of mission impossible but i for one believe it is worth making the effort for!!! praying smiley.gif

This thread will self destruct in 10 seconds.......

Archived