IGNORED

Academy Again

Guest ashtonyate

For those of you with the patience to read the wisdom of AY, I applaud you, it has just taken me nearly an hour to read this thread in it's entireity! I wish you well but cannot see any progress!

AY

You have so called supported City for 55 years, which means your middle aged at least, so stop jerking off over your keyboard, act like a man, stop throwing insults and listen to reason!

I bid you farewell!

I bet i'm mot the first! IGNORED! :Wave:

Guest ashtonyate

Aug 8 2004, 8:47 PM Post #2

Chairman

Group: BCFC Officials & Staff

Member No.: 5

The academy costs for the last 2 years were:-

2003 £672k

2004 £654k

We do receive some grants which we would get even if we did not have an academy and we do look to generate income from elsewhere towards it,which again we could possibly get without the academy, so I have not netted those off against the above.

Steve.

PS I do not have previous figures to hand.

So one of you are wrong

AshtonYate, what a surprise you expect everyone to believe you for some reason. As mentioned in my message if you don't believe what i have told you then do some research. I have offered you a solution to confirming what i say but you just ignore it. How convenient. Just for once do a bit of research.

Guest ashtonyate

AshtonYate, what a surprise you expect everyone to believe you for some reason. As mentioned in my message if you don't believe what i have told you then do some research. I have offered you a solution to confirming what i say but you just ignore it. How convenient. Just for once do a bit of research.

I don't need to do any research I look at what the Chairman wrote, if there are some other statements of cost show me because I not going to ask an academy employee for cost it would be pointless like asking a turkey to vote for Christmas

The point i am making is that it suits the chairman to quote costs before grants,which by the way are from us having an academy. You have ignored this. The figures i quoted are net of grants. Convenient that the chairman does not give the figures net of grants received is't it.??

Guest ashtonyate

Aug 8 2004, 8:47 PM Post #2

Chairman

Group: BCFC Officials & Staff

Member No.: 5

The academy costs for the last 2 years were:-

2003 £672k

2004 £654k

We do receive some grants which we would get even if we did not have an academy and we do look to generate income from elsewhere towards it,which again we could possibly get without the academy, so I have not netted those off against the above.

Steve.

PS I do not have previous figures to hand.

So one of you are wrong

So one of you are wrong

Quote from Steve Lansdown yesterday:

our academy status ensures that players are more likely to be attracted to us.

The move to the City of Bristol Academy has helped reduce our costs as has our own efforts within the club.

Lita, Cotterill, Skuse and Golbourne are four reasons why youth development is worthwhile.

Yes, one of us is wrong - YOU!

• Admin

Bristol Rovers' remaining Center of Excellence fixtures this season:

22.10.05 Sat Portsmouth

29.10.05 Sat Yeovil Town

05.11.05 Sat Leyton Orient

19.11.05 Sat Newport County

26.11.05 Sat AFC Bournemouth

10.12.05 Sat Cirencester Town

17.12.05 Sat Swansea City

07.01.06 Sat Exeter City

14.01.06 Sat Yeovil Town

21.01.06 Sat Newport County

04.02.06 Sat AFC Bournemouth

18.02.06 Sat Cirencester Town

25.02.06 Sat Swansea City

11.03.06 Sat Plymouth Argyle

25.03.06 Sat Oxford United

01.04.06 Sat Hereford United

08.04.06 Sat Swindon Town

15.04.06 Sat Cheltenham Town

Bristol City's remaining Academy fixtures this season:

Sat 22nd Oct 05 Coventry City

Sat 5th Nov 05 Milton Keynes Dons

Sat 12th Nov 05 Aston Villa

Sat 19th Nov 05 Watford

Sat 3rd Dec 05 Cardiff City

Sat 10th Dec 05 Birmingham City

Sat 7th Jan 06 Tottenham Hotspur

Sat 14th Jan 06 Leicester City

Sat 21st Jan 06 Coventry City

Sat 4th Feb 06 Milton Keynes Dons

Sat 11th Feb 06 Aston Villa

Sat 18th Feb 06 Watford

Sat 25th Feb 06 Cardiff City

Sat 4th Mar 06 Reading

Sat 11th Mar 06 Norwich City

Sat 18th Mar 06 Fulham

Sat 1st Apr 06 Crystal Palace

Sat 8th Apr 06 Chelsea

Sat 22nd Apr 06 Millwall

Which opposition do people think playing against will test each club's respective youth players more and lead to a better footballing education?

Guest ashtonyate

Bristol Rovers' remaining Center of Excellence fixtures this season:

Bristol City's remaining Academy fixtures this season:

Which opposition do people think playing against will test each club's respective youth players more and lead to a better footballing education?

Bristol City Cost ?? Bristol Rovers Cost?? Thats the really Question now ever body keeps on about the new kids let hope there better that the last lot because we only had about 5 good players since the academy has started

Ashtonyate, there's a list in this thread of 15 players who are all "good" or better. Since you hardly ever watch them I guess your opinion on how good they are is the definitive eh?

Number of players produced by Rovers in the last 10 years - ZERO

Number of players produced by City in the last 10 years - 15 or more still playing at this level or above.

Nibor

Guest ashtonyate

COR this is funny

Just a question ashton , Why exactly can't you find work ? , Not having a dig is it an injury or disability , i

just wonder thats all.

I have very good Medical reason not to have a job, but until i had ill health i never was out of work Now what has that to do with you our this post.

I have very good Medical reason not to have a job, but until i had ill health i never was out of work Now what has that to do with you or this post.

I would be more worried for the future of our club if it didn't have an academy than if it did .

I too am stubborn but if I wrote something on here then many people argued against my opinion with well constructed points, and had facts and figures to back them up, I'd like to think that I'd have the sense to listen and maybe lean something. I hopefully wouldn't lower myself to insults and rudeness if i felt my opinion wasn't shared by almost anyone else.

Not really a valid point.

but no, But it picks up some of the Best, the best of the talent goes to the Academies, but it sure has no doubt reduced the amount of good local talent going to the likes of Liverpool, Man U, Norwich and other clubs.

At least now, they have the oppertunity go to a club with a good youth set up without having to move to the other end of the country.

But you can say that about any young players, i.e David Beckham, local essex boy, ignored all the london clubs who wanted him and still went to Man U as a child.

Does the academy pick up all the best talent in the region ?

I would say the very best talent in any region is possibly picked up by Premier League clubs. Don't they start signing boys about 7 years old or something? The lure of the bright lights so to speak probably ensures they get the best/first pick???

Obviously some talent gets missed or develops later, but you don't tend to get the 'bricklayer turns pro' stories like you used to either now.

There's a rule that the player must live within 1 hr driving distance of the academy they play for I believe.

We certainly get more than any club in the region without an academy.

The odd player does move though if they've been courted by a prem club.

To turn the question on it's head, name a club in the region with a more successful CoE/academy than us.

Nibor

Obviously there are no guarantees, but it is more likely to than a centre of excellence. Most parents of aspiring footballers would want the best possible footballing and academic education for their children, and this is offered by an Academy. We should always be able to choose the cream of the crop ahead of the youth systems of other local sides.

There are rare exceptions when clubs outside of the region encourage youngsters to move away so they can join their Academies. We may also, of course, overlook future stars as they did not look good enough at a young age. Whilst we may miss out on a few potential gems due to poaching or missed opportunities, we will get the best of the rest. Other local clubs will have to pick from the youngsters left over.

Hope that wasn't too long winded for you :)

Guest ashtonyate

So most people think we get a good bunch of young players

Now lets play a game say we do a Dallas J R and we wake up in the shower we were promoted & year ago John ward is the manager he is near the top of the first going like a train the team are outstanding and its only time and we are going up into the prem

How many city players that have past through academy would being in that team now be honest

So most people think we get a good bunch of young players

Now lets play a game say we do a Dallas J R and we wake up in the shower we were promoted 7 year ago John ward is the manager he is near the top of the first going like a train the team are outstanding and its only time and we are going up into the prem

How many city players that have past through academy would being in that team now be honest

Ok, seems to be like you are stiching yourself up.......

But I'll humour you, I'd say, Coles, Hill, Rosenior, Lita, A Brown in the first team.

Anayasish on the bench and Cotterill not far behind,

Tommy Doc and Phillips would also be in the team, but are not really players who came through the academy

Guest ashtonyate

There's a rule that the player must live within 1 hr driving distance of the academy they play for I believe.

We certainly get more than any club in the region without an academy.

The odd player does move though if they've been courted by a prem club.

To turn the question on it's head, name a club in the region with a more successful CoE/academy than us.

Nibor

in the this area none, we are the only one the next nearst is sothampton

in the this area none, we are the only one the next nearst is sothampton

We are not the only club in the area with a CoE or Academy. My understanding is that all league clubs have a centre of excellence or an Academy. Rovers have a new set up at Filton College for their CoE.

So, again, do you think any of the local clubs have a better CoE or Academy than us?

Exactly........which is why we MUST have an academy in the Bristol area to take advantage of the younger players in the area!......if it wasn't us getting all these talented youngster, It would be someone else in the area......and they would no doubt be reaping the benefits now!

NOT US!

Guest ashtonyate

Ok, seems to be like you are stiching yourself up.......

But I'll humour you, I'd say, Coles, Hill, Rosenior, Lita, A Brown in the first team.

Anayasish on the bench and Cotterill not far behind,

Tommy Doc and Phillips would also be in the team, but are not really players who came through the academy

do you think Coles Brown Tommy Doc would really figure in a top team going to the prem now be honest

I don't think Anayasish has made Preston team yet as for Cotterill he might make the bench on a good day but he still very young

I think out of the players here only Lita Rosenior Phillips and Hill would get any where near a good team and then only on the fring

so in the first 7 years its not great is it

We are not the only club in the area with a CoE or Academy. My understanding is that all league clubs have a centre of excellence or an Academy. Rovers have a new set up at Filton College for their CoE.

So, again, do you think any of the local clubs have a better CoE or Academy than us?

Academies are good for the kids but are they good for the clubs money wise

Archived