IGNORED

Trouble After?

leadman

was there any???

the reporter from radio 5 said there was trouble after the game,outside the ground.

on the game

they overan us in the first half, both skuse and lee j were 2nd best, we were toothless upfront, the defence was pulled everywere, on effort, cant fault em, but we need a striker, we have got 2 sicknotes and jevo and jennison wont take us up, how many lose balls did our midfield misplace, it was loads.

must win next week,simple as that.

Yes there was, Radcliffe Road junction going towards the Cricket Ground, I did a bit of a detour to get back to the car.

First half we did lose a bit of possession but that was because Forest closed us down incredibly quickly. They are a quality side we matched them overall just need a finisher.

But he is with us still :yawn:

i witnessed the riot and i mean riot it was full scale warfare started by 2 youths 1 forest 1 bristol arguing over something next thing a bunch of forest lot started throwing chairs and rocks at city fans entering radcliffe road and started running towards them and beating them up then about 200 bristol fans emerged started throwing the chairs back and beating the forest lot up , more and more bristol joined in and eventually the forest lot got penned into that small bar where all the windows etc got smashed up i witnessed one forest fan knocked down have a full bottle of beer launched point blank into his head while he was down.

lots and lots of fighting happend while the police were no where to be seen for about 15 minutes ( disgracefull) cars that were driving by had there windscreens smashed in if they didnt turn away fast enough was total madness people walking down the street with blood pouring everywhere total chaos !

Taken from a Forest fan on another forum.

More than likely both sides are to blame.

I was walking along the road and moved to my left to avoid an oncoming local.

Well i made the effort unlike this plank who was in his early Forties......shoulders met and he proceeded to call me a W***** with gritted teeth.

I thought it was best not to say anything as there were a fair few Forest fans close.

If we get in the Championship I guess this kind of thing will happen week in week out. :disapointed2se:

Very true.

The thing is it isnt always planned.

For years we have been used to going to places like Gillingham,Crewe Brentford etc where there is hardly if any trouble so going into the local boozers is easy...

..but when it comes to playing the bigger sides with bigger fan bases i don't think we would be so welcome

was there any???

the reporter from radio 5 said there was trouble after the game,outside the ground.

on the game

they overan us in the first half, both skuse and lee j were 2nd best, we were toothless upfront, the defence was pulled everywere, on effort, cant fault em, but we need a striker, we have got 2 sicknotes and jevo and jennison wont take us up, how many lose balls did our midfield misplace, it was loads.

must win next week,simple as that.

Just home (traffic in notts :grr: )

Anyway mate just rang me.

Apparently big Forest mob were just outside their boozer and when the City lads came along, threw everything they possibly could at them.

Needless to say, our lot went back at them bigtime, hence the trouble and being broadcast on the radio

Very true.

The thing is it isnt always planned.

For years we have been used to going to places like Gillingham,Crewe Brentford etc where there is hardly if any trouble so going into the local boozers is easy...

..but when it comes to playing the bigger sides with bigger fan bases i don't think we would be so welcome

Exactly-I think when we are going to the likes of Brentford Yeovil & Cheltenham you don't face to much opposition, But imagine the likes of Leeds, Wolves, Brum, Stoke etc etc- It's going to get messy.

We left just before the final whistle (no comments please) and walked out of the Car Park and there were a few Forest Youth on the phone to their mates trying to get numbers together. There is no way they were at the game because they asked us about it.

So for these Forest fans to say we started it may be way off as they were very prepared to get involved.

A lady from Nottingham is visiting me today. She was at the game with her son and was caught up in the trouble. Organised punch up it may have been with both sides equally to blame, but there were also innocent fans such as her caught in the middle.

One Forest fan passed her by with blood pouring down his face as someone had hacked into his skull with an axe! I have explained that whoever did that was no football fan but just someone looking for a fight.

A lady from Nottingham is visiting me today. She was at the game with her son and was caught up in the trouble. Organised punch up it may have been with both sides equally to blame, but there were also innocent fans such as her caught in the middle.

One Forest fan passed her by with blood pouring down his face as someone had hacked into his skull with an axe! I have explained that whoever did that was no football fan but just someone looking for a fight.

I doubt they used a axe

I passed that Amici bar on the way to the ground, about 4.50. Some Bloke, late 30's I'd say, jumped out from a rowdy crowd outside and in front of me, a bit of pushing went on and as I passed him, he hit me across the back of the head. I looked around. It hadn't hurt me. I was on my own, I just kept walking. And there were no children outside that so called nice little wine bar!

On the way back after the game, I passed the same bar, along with plenty of other city (and forest) fans, and that's when it all started. Most city fans crossed the road to avoid trouble. As I walked up to the bar, it all started - some big bloke in the bar crowd just yelled 'come on then - let's have it' (I know - that sounds really naff - but I swear it's what he said, I was looking right at him. He was looking well past me, over my shoulder) Then it all got a bit crazy in the road. But again, I saw no children in outside this forest pub. Just young and middle aged men - none wearing football shirts or colours, obviously.

So I think some of what that rivals site said is a little one sided. Didn't like the bit about a city mob attacking a bar full of children - Maybe there were children inside, but I didn't see any. Just some men shouting and throwing stuff. And I wasn't involved on the city side - I was wearing my city shirt for christ sake - with no jacket

Dunno what the Police were doing on the A42/M42 on the way back, but they seem to be making sure 3-4 minibuses wouldn't exit any junctions shall we say.

Caused absolutely havok given there are only 2 lanes till the J11/M6 turn off.

If we get in the Championship I guess this kind of thing will happen week in week out. :disapointed2se:

It won't.

Its quite rare down here these days, and thats from when we were in The Championship as well.

The only problem you will face is that you might be playing teams you haven't played for a long while so it somewhere new to go for the novelty.

I didn't go to the game but I have heard the town centre was a bit tasty.

It won't.

Its quite rare down here these days, and thats from when we were in The Championship as well.

The only problem you will face is that you might be playing teams you haven't played for a long while so it somewhere new to go for the novelty.

I didn't go to the game but I have heard the town centre was a bit tasty.

I reckon there may be more trouble just because the teams we will be playing will have larger numbers of fans, and therfore also be likely to have larger numbers of idiots tagging along. If we go up we could potentially be playing the likes of Wolves, Leeds, Sheffield Weds, Cardiff, Stoke etc and so there is a large potential for trouble.

I reckon there may be more trouble just because the teams we will be playing will have larger numbers of fans, and therfore also be likely to have larger numbers of idiots tagging along. If we go up we could potentially be playing the likes of Wolves, Leeds, Sheffield Weds, Cardiff, Stoke etc and so there is a large potential for trouble.

No offence mate but when we were in The Championship we had more fans than the majority of them and like I say it is very minimal these days.

Yesterday was a one off.

Dunno what the Police were doing on the A42/M42 on the way back, but they seem to be making sure 3-4 minibuses wouldn't exit any junctions shall we say.

Caused absolutely havok given there are only 2 lanes till the J11/M6 turn off.

They had 3-4 minibuses hemmed in outside the away end too. Let all fans on feet through their line but these particular buses had been put right outside the ground where they could be stopped from moving on. Wonder if these were the same buses?

Archived