IGNORED

The EE

Robbored

I was very suprised to the EE with so few in there today - around 650 I think.With all the publicity and those thousands of signatures on the 'open the EE' petition I was expecting a complete sell out.

Still, the hardy few made a good deal of noise - it was good to hear.

Shame it cost the club arounf £5k in police costs as the police insist that if the EE is open it has to be policed by thier officers due to the close proximity of the away fans.

I was very suprised to the EE with so few in there today - around 650 I think.With all the publicity and those thousands of signatures on the 'open the EE' petition I was expecting a complete sell out.

Shame it cost the club arounf £5k in police costs as the police insist that if the EE is open it has to be policed by thier officers due to the close proximity of the away fans.

Despite the fact that two sets of fans are closer in the corner between the EE/Williams.

That 650 me included cheered the boys onto 3pts big points so its money well spent in my eyes

God wont you ever drop your vendetta against the EE, It was a success today and even GJ agrees. As chairman of the supports club you should be applauding these supporters for making the effort to make this work. Many of whom are also members of the supporters club.

God wont you ever drop your vendetta against the EE, It was a success today and even GJ agrees. As chairman of the supports club you should be applauding these supporters for making the effort to make this work. Many of whom are also members of the supporters club.

What vendetta?

Just posting an impartial view thats all. Didn't I say it was good to hear? There are pro's and cons to most things and thats all I'm saying. A balanced view if you like.

What vendetta?

Just posting an impartial view thats all. Didn't I say it was good to hear? There are pro's and cons to most things and thats all I'm saying. A balanced view if you like.

Oh and didnt you take pleasure in saying it

don't worry your view is far from impartial

If Bristol Boy went today i'd like to hear his view cos generally he is someone that impartial

All i can say to that is "YOU SHOULD OF BEEN IN THERE SIR"

It was nothing short of magnificent.....the atmosphere, noise, young and old,male and female, enjoying a great day, and 3 points. Brought back really good memories of many years past.

My wife (a first timer in the east end by the way) said after four years of coming down the Gate with me, said it was fantastic, never heard nothing like that at City before.......infact we ALL said it was fantastic.

As for the £5000, who gives a t o s s!

The club CAN afford it it, and it was Citys 12th man.

Ohh, at the end did you see Mr Johnson?

Patted a few players backs, then applaued the boys and girls in there for at least 20 seconds!!!!!

Ask Mr Johnson of perhaps he would like to see that for the remaining home fixtures.......

Well I had great fun in there today, was good to be singing all game and Gary certainly seemed to appreciate it, made a point of standing there for a long time at the end applauding us and then went on to mention on Radio Bristol how much he had appreciated us singing for 90 minutes. And said how good it was to have all the singers in one place instead of spread out around the ground.

Fair play Gary and well done everyone in there who made it such a good atmosphere, the floor was literally shaking at times with the noise.

:ranting: no internet booking or pay on the turnstiles as it seems the E.E is a special place; it blooming is , where all like minded fans can join together instead of sitting moaning about everything.

Chairman of the supporters club :disapointed2se: the rest of the ground didnt do to good either 11000 odd should of been 13000plus and not a even peep :tongue:

One other point.

Why 11am today was the last chance for City fans to get their tic,s?

I reckon that the club didnt want it to be succsesful bu it BLOODY well was.

The chant " CANYOU HEAR US STEVE LANSDOWN, CAN YOU HEAR US STEVE LANSDOWN"....when Steve duly held his hands high and clapped back!!!!!

I rest my case

Come on Alan, you know as well as I do that 3000 signatures doesn't mean 3000 tickets in demand. I know people that signed that petition with no intention of moving from their seat but wanted to see the EE reopened for teh sake of atmosphere alone.

Personally, I had a thouroughly enjoyable afternoon & it was nostalgic at times. The spirit was high, I saw people I haven't seen in a while or only see at away games & the players & gaffer seemed to appreciate our voice.

As for not selling out, whilst I don't wish to criticize the Club for the decency and efforts here, my only slight issue is with the way this event was publicised. A small article on teh BCFC mainsite & a mention in a programme was all I registered. Many fans have taken it upon themselves to create flyers, forum banners/signatures and much more. With a little more publicity in the right place, I believe that more would have come had they known about it.

Credit where it's due: The CLub listened to the fans & took positive action.

Well I had great fun in there today, was good to be singing all game and Gary certainly seemed to appreciate it, made a point of standing there for a long time at the end applauding us and then went on to mention on Radio Bristol how much he had appreciated us singing for 90 minutes. And said how good it was to have all the singers in one place instead of spread out around the ground.

Shame there wasn't more people in there.Imagine how impressive it would have been with a full EE.

What vendetta?

About as balanced as Neil Shipperly's diet.

The East End made a great contribution to the atmosphere today and it was much improved, long may it continue. The next step must surely be convincing Avon and Somerset that their need to supplement their income with pointless overtime can be better fulfilled trying to nick criminals.

I didn't go in the East End but, Forest excepted on Police grounds, if the East End is opened to our fans for the rest of the season we will start to fill it. I thought it was great that all the people who wanted to sing were in the same area and created an atmosphere - that is what we need at Ashton Gate, not some accountant arguing whether the half turnout balanced against the police costs and factored by the three points represented VALUE FOR BLOODY MONEY!!

About as balanced as Neil Shipperly's diet.

The East End made a great contribution to the atmosphere today and it was much improved, long may it continue. The next step must surely be convincing Avon and Somerset that their need to supplement their income with pointless overtime can be better fulfilled trying to nick criminals.

Wel if they aren't at the EE where are they?

It takes them over 4 hours to respond to a 999 call.

Robbored, the difference in the noise from the Gate, clearly audible to those of us who weren't able to get there renders your argument superfluous.

I haven't heard it that noisy since well the QPRse and Plymuff games a few seasons back. noise! summat the Library never normally has.

Its a great idea, and should be encouraged.

Football, by the people, for the people.

Keep it up, all of you in the EE, MUCH better atmosphere today, as commented on by the summarizer and commentator on Radio Briz, and us in livechat!

Each time you make a post about the EE, I dislike you a little bit more.

Well done to the 650 that made the extra effort to get to Ashton Gate, before 11am today, to either buy their ticket in advance, or swap their season ticket from somewhere else. That's what I say.

When and if the club and the police agree to being civil about this, the EE will be packed every week, but thankfully not with the likes of you.

Archived