IGNORED

The EE

Robbored

Well done the EE 650, you sounded superb today, it actually felt like we were at home. If the Chairman can't see the advantage of a City fan filled EE then we are in real trouble.

Each time you make a post .... I dislike you a little bit more.

:winner_third_h4h:

Mr Sentient sage, it must be awfully difficult to gauge noise eminating from the EE today with your head up Lansdowns arse?

As I've said before I won't be renewing my R&W Bronze membership (Big deal? you say) purely because of the attituse of the SC Chairman, The supporters club has to rid itself of this clown, who on face value appears to prefer antagonising SUPPORTERS rather than actually representing them.

I have a suggestion Mr Chairman before you mislead future members may I suggest the organisation be renamed? Perhaps Bristol City (passive/apathethic) Supporters' Club.

Do the decent thing and stand down.

I have to say, what a fantastic day ive spent at the gate today. It really was like a cup game/promotion party atmosphere in the EE.

I really hope the club can take some positives from today, and are prepared to consider some more matches with city fans in the EE.

The atmosphere was quite intense and even EE cynics will have to agree that the noise was a lift to the players and management.

Hats off to the Brentford fans, on a few occasions they tried to sing and lift their team. I can honestly say that they were outsung virtually every time.

Today the EE was the 12th man, the reactions of GJ and the players showed this.

At an estimated 5K to police and steward todays game, its seems to me a bloody cheap way to get a real chance of championship football at the gate. :goingup:

:clapping:

Guest North Street
I was very suprised to the EE with so few in there today - around 650 I think.With all the publicity and those thousands of signatures on the 'open the EE' petition I was expecting a complete sell out.

Still, the hardy few made a good deal of noise - it was good to hear.

Shame it cost the club arounf £5k in police costs as the police insist that if the EE is open it has to be policed by thier officers due to the close proximity of the away fans.

"FANS" had only two weeks to promote this game.

150 supporters were attracted to the East End who were not season ticket holders at £17 a head; this may have some bearing on your figures.

Despite the "club" putting restrictions on this match you are quoting figures for policing which is not at the lower rate, why?

Fans after meeting the Chairman on the 29th Jan had to wait until Feb 22nd for the club to announce the East End was open before promoting this match themselves. Why if the club where working in partnership with support did this announcement take so long?

Fans had to press the club to promote the opening of the East End.

I think v Brentford the supporters of Bristol City earned and deserve another opportunity to show their loyalty and passion for the club in the East End again.

You as Chairman and representative of the "Supporters" club attending club board meetings can help facilitate the above process.

You are supposed to be representing fans.

UP THE CITY

I just don't think the bloke is worth bothering arguing with. He clearly has his own agenda, one that seems to be to cause as much division within the massed ranks of supporters of BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB as possible.

This of course is the last thing that the club needs as it embarks on the run in to what is hopefully the promotion that this club so desperately needs.

A united and passionate fanbase, lending itself entirely to the support of the players on the pitch, what the manager obviously thinks is vital, would seem to be a goal desired and worked for by a leader of one of the main supporters bodies.

Unfortunately that is not the impression i get from reading robboreds posts. In fact it would seem to me that he is actively campaigning against and deliberately antagonising different sections of our support. For what ends i have no idea, but his position would seem about as far apart from the supporters trust as it is possible to get.

The trust seems to me to embrace all supporters of the club and go out of their way to help as many as is possible, and their help over the EAST END played a part in providing a very positive supportive atmosphere against bentford in what was a very difficult game for our tired squad!!

I like to think that everyone involved, from those that spent so much time in campaigning and organising, to those that allowed it to go ahead, right down to those in the rest of the ground that responded to and joined in with the fantastic support generated from the EAST END, would all feel happy and proud to be a BRISTOL CITY fan, and to have played a part in helping OUR team to dig in and fight for three vital points that may very well help secure the dream of promotion!!

Anyone choosing to take a negative stance, should in my opinion, consider how that negativity could impact itself on the remaining massive fixtures left this season, and should consider what they hope to achieve by fracturing the cammaraderie that was evident in and around ASHTON GATE yesterday!!! (i spoke to many fans afterwards that weren't in the EAST END, but all were extremely positive and many refered to other stands taking up songs started in the EAST END)

Me and my family had a fantastic day out yesterday, one that will live long in the memory, not something i can usually say about attending CITY matches in recent times at ASHTON GATE. I will not let one persons small minded pettiness ruin this feeling for me!!!!

As Al Murray as the pub landlord would say "shame on you, shame on you"!!!!

If the whole club could continue that feeling of belonging and sense of togetherness until may i believe that we would absolutely walk not only promotion, but the title as well!!!!

"YOU ARE MY CITY... "

Shame there wasn't more people in there.Imagine how impressive it would have been with a full EE.

....and with your stature, you could be one of those to help make the east end a popular place... without purposly making a negative subject of the people who go in there.

I just don't think the bloke is worth bothering arguing with. He clearly has his own agenda, one that seems to be to cause as much division within the massed ranks of supporters of BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB as possible.

This of course is the last thing that the club needs as it embarks on the run in to what is hopefully the promotion that this club so desperately needs.

A united and passionate fanbase, lending itself entirely to the support of the players on the pitch, what the manager obviously thinks is vital, would seem to be a goal desired and worked for by a leader of one of the main supporters bodies.

Unfortunately that is not the impression i get from reading robboreds posts. In fact it would seem to me that he is actively campaigning against and deliberately antagonising different sections of our support. For what ends i have no idea, but his position would seem about as far apart from the supporters trust as it is possible to get.

The trust seems to me to embrace all supporters of the club and go out of their way to help as many as is possible, and their help over the EAST END played a part in providing a very positive supportive atmosphere against bentford in what was a very difficult game for our tired squad!!

I like to think that everyone involved, from those that spent so much time in campaigning and organising, to those that allowed it to go ahead, right down to those in the rest of the ground that responded to and joined in with the fantastic support generated from the EAST END, would all feel happy and proud to be a BRISTOL CITY fan, and to have played a part in helping OUR team to dig in and fight for three vital points that may very well help secure the dream of promotion!!

Anyone choosing to take a negative stance, should in my opinion, consider how that negativity could impact itself on the remaining massive fixtures left this season, and should consider what they hope to achieve by fracturing the cammaraderie that was evident in and around ASHTON GATE yesterday!!! (i spoke to many fans afterwards that weren't in the EAST END, but all were extremely positive and many refered to other stands taking up songs started in the EAST END)

Me and my family had a fantastic day out yesterday, one that will live long in the memory, not something i can usually say about attending CITY matches in recent times at ASHTON GATE. I will not let one persons small minded pettiness ruin this feeling for me!!!!

As Al Murray as the pub landlord would say "shame on you, shame on you"!!!!

If the whole club could continue that feeling of belonging and sense of togetherness until may i believe that we would absolutely walk not only promotion, but the title as well!!!!

"YOU ARE MY CITY... "

quality old spot, quality

Haven't bothered reading all this thread. Too pissed. But I will say I had a great time in the East End. Me and Old Spot were chatting before the game and knew that nobhead robber whatever his name is would post something like this after the game but to be honest it don't matter.

We went in the east end, we had a great time and City took three points. The chap who posted this thread needs to take a look at himself and ask what he is all about because he aint one of us thats for sure.....

why the antagonism?

it's pathetic.

which part of the ground did gary johnson salute immiedietly after the game?

Johnson loves the east end, johnson loves the east end la la la la

You could see how much that support meant to G Johnson!

He patted a few players on the back and then appauled the East Enders for at least 20/30 seconds!!!!!!

He knows how important support is on this final run in, lets hope he can persuade his Chairman the same!

I woke up this morning, thought back to yesterday and it made me smile! I actually had 'fun' at Ashton Gate. It was fantastic.

I am one of the people that falls into the category of 150 non season ticket holders in the EE. Mainly due to finances since getting back from travelling last summer in huge debt. I still go at least 1 in 2 games, probably 2 in 3. One thing I guarantee though, I will go to EVERY game the EE is open, it is a totally different experience. I think it brings the club together also. GJ, KM and SL all interacting with us, can only be a good thing.

I loved it.

And the satisfaction of GJ coming down to us to clap us cannot be put in words. Good on you Gary.

I love threads about the east end, its a very amusing saga. The way it divides opinion you would wonder if there was some arcane rule (or possibly a forgotton eleventh commandment) actually banning city fans from sitting there in the first place. It's simply a low covered section of Ashton Gate, that allows our fans to pump the stadium full of noise, even with just 650 fans. Even Basso could cleary hear them ask for him to wave out when he was keeping goal infront of the Atyeo end.

So, as long as the away support doesn't want to bring 5500, why does this debate ever exist? It should be open every week to the reds- if the cost is approx £5/600 a home game, then frankly, this seems good value for money, solely on the basis we have a decent atmosphere again, unlike the usual silence that normally surrounds most match days.

P.S Arnie - if you read this, can you tell me who that girl is in your picture (presuming of course that she is famous, if she happens to be your missus - then of course, keep that to yourself!), and can you ask her to fully unzip her jacket!

Robbored; The Voice of tReason!!.

See's all, thinks all, knows **** all!!.

But in all fairness, he is entitled to an opinion!!.

Can anyone get one for him??.

:protest:

• Admin
Shame there wasn't more people in there.Imagine how impressive it would have been with a full EE.

Shame Ashton Gate was only just over half full !

I was disapointed with the take up especially after all the hype and publicity in the past around the issue.

Whoever said it would sell out ?

I wonder how many people did not go in there but wanted to see how it went on the first opening but were sat there in the game thinking they would go in there if another opportunity arose!

Well done to Steve Lansdown and the Supporters Trust, at last we have an organisation that pro-actively listened to the City fanbase and at least gave us the opportunity to go in the East End !

The last time I enjoyed a game at Ashton Gate before yesterday was vs Doncaster the last time the Eastend was open no just for "overflow." What a great atmosphere, if it were to be opened regularly with a little more publicity I reckon it would have had even more in there yesterday, but to be honest I don't care! I had a brilliant day, enjoyed every minute, and that feeling that were on the up with songs about promotion just makes it all the more enjoyable long may the Eastend continue (please!)

...And now you're gona believe us!

Robbored; The Voice of tReason!!.

The voice of bollox.

I have too much pride to dignify him with a response.

Not sure whether he deliberately provoke's to get a response or is simply short in the 'upstairs department'.

Either way it's all thoroughly predictable and a little embarassing to watch.

I love threads about the east end, its a very amusing saga. The way it divides opinion you would wonder if there was some arcane rule (or possibly a forgotton eleventh commandment) actually banning city fans from sitting there in the first place. It's simply a low covered section of Ashton Gate, that allows our fans to pump the stadium full of noise, even with just 650 fans. Even Basso could cleary hear them ask for him to wave out when he was keeping goal infront of the Atyeo end.

So, as long as the away support doesn't want to bring 5500, why does this debate ever exist? It should be open every week to the reds- if the cost is approx £5/600 a home game, then frankly, this seems good value for money, solely on the basis we have a decent atmosphere again, unlike the usual silence that normally surrounds most match days.

P.S Arnie - if you read this, can you tell me who that girl is in your picture (presuming of course that she is famous, if she happens to be your missus - then of course, keep that to yourself!), and can you ask her to fully unzip her jacket!

Kev, if only......my Mrs i mean!!!!!

She is top shout, and loads have asked the same mate.Unfortunately, thats as far as the babe goes, so keeps me, you and others full of imagination...... :innocent06:

I am a Dolman season ticket holder and I went in the EE today and I must say how refreshing it was to be surrounded by fans who were actually cheering on and supporting the team instead of constantly moaning! It's just a shame that it's not open on Tuesday because I will have to go back amongst the moans and groans.

Well done to everyone who made this happen it was a great day out and a great 3 points! :chant6ez:

got to be honest, although it sounded good,

did it actually make any difference to the game or the result????

No

1-0 win with a pen,

the noise hardly inspired the players to kill off a relegation threatened team, in fact the performance wasn't as good as the week before against northampton game.

so the question has to be really, it makes no difference having it open or not, So whats the point?

it takes away the moan factor in tough games if all around you are positive you are positive.

when defending a corner late on in the game the players looked tired and the EE kept singing,

some players gave a quick look up at us and then clapped their hands, shook their fists to at each other

to say ''come on lads were alomost there'' the fans are doing it so can we..

yes it makes a difference and i'd rather have that than someone swinging a punch at our players,

that puts them off their game.

did it actually make any difference to the game or the result????

No

1-0 win with a pen,

the noise hardly inspired the players to kill off a relegation threatened team, in fact the performance wasn't as good as the week before against northampton game.

so the question has to be really, it makes no difference having it open or not, So whats the point?

What killed the game off yesterday was the early penalty.

Look at Tranmere Away a couple of seasons back, we scored after 2/3 mins and were put under constant seige for the remainder of the match, to record our first ever win there!!

Yesterday was in a similar vein, except we lacked the final touch, to kill off the game once and for all.

Maybe if Brentford equalised, our lads would have had to up a gear, and go chase the game!.

And with Brentford going all out for a point towards the end of the match, kicking towards the East End, of course the fans in there made a difference!!.

I bet Basso will have positive thoughts on the matter, and looking at recent games and illnesses within the club, when the players were starting to flag, the East End sang and chanted more, and that lifted the flagging spirits of tired players!!.

:englandsmile4wf::city::aok2::city::englandsmile4wf:

I like many mature fans spent years standing in the EE - from 1967 right through to about 1993. Thats over 25 years. Its not that I have an issue with the EE.If fans want to go there thats upto them.Personally, these days I prefer the brilliant view afforded by the Dolman Stand.

No doubt the atmosphere was improved by the EE being open today but as I said at the start of this thread - I was disapointed with the take up especially after all the hype and publicity in the past around the issue.

You may or may not be aware of how difficult it was to get a ticket. No real publicity by the club about the option until the last minute and then a series of hoops and jumps to navigate.

Do you normally have to get to the ground at 11am on match day to get your ticket?

Having booked the transfer of my Season Ticket place weeks before, the final bit of obstruction for many of us was having to wait interminably in a queue for ONE window to collect our tickets (at the same time two windows were devoted to advance ticket sales)

Eventually I asked one of the stewards to go and ask for my tickets that I knew were ready waiting for me in an envelope

To his credit he helped me and others to get in the ground not too long after kick-off.

So your points about volume of take-up must be weighed against these obstacles that by design or otherwise made it quite difficult to be in the EE yesterday.

Therefore many of us wonder what is motivating your present position on this important issue for many, yes many devoted City fans?

150 supporters were attracted to the East End who were not season ticket holders at £17 a head; this may have some bearing on your figures.

Were these 150 people attracted to the game though just because the East End was open or were they going and wanted anyway and the added bonus was the East End?

If not it will still have a net effect of a £5k loss. Unless we attract 300 fans purely on the basis that the east end is open it will cost the club money. It may not seem a lot but works out at about £130k over a season.

Also I sort of agree with Ashtonmate in that how much difference did it make on the result. To turn it around if we lose when the EE is open is that the fault of those that support from there?

I'm definately not against the EE being open and love the atmosphere that it creates but feel that after one day of it being open no one can claim that has been a success. Robbored for all of his negativity asked a valuable question and the only response is for more people to go in, create a cracking atmosphere and lead the team to promotion.

Were these 150 people attracted to the game though just because the East End was open or were they going and wanted anyway and the added bonus was the East End?

If not it will still have a net effect of a £5k loss. Unless we attract 300 fans purely on the basis that the east end is open it will cost the club money. It may not seem a lot but works out at about £130k over a season.

Also I sort of agree with Ashtonmate in that how much difference did it make on the result. To turn it around if we lose when the EE is open is that the fault of those that support from there?

I'm definately not against the EE being open and love the atmosphere that it creates but feel that after one day of it being open no one can claim that has been a success. Robbored for all of his negativity asked a valuable question and the only response is for more people to go in, create a cracking atmosphere and lead the team to promotion.

£20,000 for the remaining 4 home games would be outstanding value for money given the rich rewards of promotion.

The surprising thing to many of us is that the club cannot manage their own stadium/do not appreciate that better atmosphere will bring more people. The fans of the East End can see what is needed

If you have been to any of the concerts at Ashton Gate you will have seen how brilliantly outsiders manage the stadium for one-off events. The club seem stuck in some backward facing time warp.

Archived