IGNORED

The EE

Robbored

It was good to hear the noise from the ground as I was walking towards it, and the noise coming from the EE was good.

I won't go in there though. Shit view.

Fair enough. you gave a valid reason for not going. Unlike some who have a blind irrational dislike/fear of the place.

Whilst I'm not a self-professed forum stalwart like you Robbored, I read it regularly and post occasionally.

Even though I'm a ST holder, I wasn't at the game today because I was at financial training college as my course day happened to fall on a Saturday. However from people are saying and despite only 650 people going in there, it sounded like a roaring success from what people are saying on the forum.

What I don't understand from reviewing your opinions on opening the East End this season is why you seem to be so patronising about it? From today's success and the overspill it has served for the big games this season so far, what could you possibly have against it being open for more games?

Gary has sorted out the cosy club drinking culture from the football club, maybe you should look closer to home with your "supporters" club?

I have to say, what a fantastic day ive spent at the gate today. It really was like a cup game/promotion party atmosphere in the EE.

I really hope the club can take some positives from today, and are prepared to consider some more matches with city fans in the EE.

The atmosphere was quite intense and even EE cynics will have to agree that the noise was a lift to the players and management.

Hats off to the Brentford fans, on a few occasions they tried to sing and lift their team. I can honestly say that they were outsung virtually every time.

Today the EE was the 12th man, the reactions of GJ and the players showed this.

At an estimated 5K to police and steward todays game, its seems to me a bloody cheap way to get a real chance of championship football at the gate. :goingup:

I was at a pre-match meeting with SL and CS at AG earlier this season when "Southville Kiddy" asked a question about the EE being opened again. Steve's response was to roll his eyes in disdain, turn around to Sexstone, and say "the East End again". He may as well of said "the effing East End again".

Very noticeable today, most of the players, and Johnners especially, made a point of going over and applauding the EE straight after the game. Sadly Lansdown and Sexstone, being new "supporters" don't understand what its all about, hopefully they might begin to.

The EE made a real difference today, fair play to CiderHead and North Street for making it happen, and many others for their support. The stewards tried to make the lads sit down at one point, which would have had the effect of reducing the noise and the atmosphere - fair play boys for having none of it, the "Stand up if you hate the Gas" chant was very well timed.

Well done all the boys in there today - here's to a return to a proper atmosphere at Ashton Gate once more.

Next on the agenda - muffle the armadildo song when we score.

What a fantastic time in the EE today. I woke up thismorning very hung over (too much cider last night!) and was feeling so ill I did not fancy it today. But as soon as I got in th EE, it was great. To be honest it was like the atmosphere of an away match but better.

I cannot remember the last time I enjoyed a game at Ashton Gate so much. SL & CS have often spoke about the 'matchday experience', well today defined it for me.

Give us our EE back........

Congratulations to those who went in the EE, totally agree they were the 12th man today, I was once a bit cynical about the merits of opening the end, but this proves it really can help, as said in another thread I would love to see the club open the doors again on Tuesday night.

Unfortunately that may be the last of it until Rotherham,as I can't see the police saying yes to its official use v Swans, Yo or Forest as all will bring 2500+ if allowed.

got to be honest, although it sounded good,

did it actually make any difference to the game or the result????

No

1-0 win with a pen,

the noise hardly inspired the players to kill off a relegation threatened team, in fact the performance wasn't as good as the week before against northampton game.

so the question has to be really, it makes no difference having it open or not, So whats the point?

No

1-0 win with a pen,

the noise hardly inspired the players to kill off a relegation threatened team, in fact the performance wasn't as good as the week before against northampton game.

so the question has to be really, it makes no difference having it open or not, So whats the point?

I don't understand your arguement really. How do you know we would not have lost without the EE? You don't know, and neither do I.

Fans at Ashton Gate are famed for getting on the teams back easily (I hate to admit) but they had full support today.

Now a few things I do know. The atmosphere was greatly improved and GJ & players were very thankful for the support. That says it all for me.

Fair enough. you gave a valid reason for not going. Unlike some who have a blind irrational dislike/fear of the place.

I like many mature fans spent years standing in the EE - from 1967 right through to about 1993. Thats over 25 years. Its not that I have an issue with the EE.If fans want to go there thats upto them.Personally, these days I prefer the brilliant view afforded by the Dolman Stand.

No doubt the atmosphere was improved by the EE being open today but as I said at the start of this thread - I was disapointed with the take up especially after all the hype and publicity in the past around the issue.

No

1-0 win with a pen,

No we didnt kill them off, but just maybe we stopped their fans lifting them, and kept the spirit of our players up.

And the point is, that some of us feel that we can make a difference, rather that just be negative like your post. :(

I have to agree with others here, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a match so much, just because I was in the east end. I was in there when it was open a few seasons ago, but I suppose I didnt appreciate it as much then as I did today. I've got a hoarse voice and my hands are killing, but I'd do it again right now! Really hope it's open again very soon!! (shame the game wasnt as entertaining, but hey, its 3 points) and thanks to GJ and the players for acknowledging us at the end, made it all worthwhile.

The point is that I thoroughly enjoyed my 'matchday experience' today. So did hundreds more people. Although I want City to win each and every game that they play, I also want to have a laugh with my mates and give the lads 100% vocal backing without being looked at like i'm insane.

The point of the East End being open is not to benefit the players or the manager or the chairman. It's to benefit the FANS (a crazy idea i know).

The East End did make a difference today. It made a difference to me and nearly 700 other people who walked out of the gates not only smiling because we picked up a further three points but because they had fun along the way.

Just wanted to say, fair play to the City fans in the East End today.

From the other end of the ground, I can honestly say regardless of how many people were in there, the noise made was a definate boost to the players on the pitch today.

Fingers crossed the club will now see what an asset the East End being opened regularly to City fans can be.

Anyone know if the club will be allowing anymore games in there this season?????

I think if it opened for anouther match now a lot more people would go. I diddnt go today because I wanted to see what the atmosphere was like before I went in there. If it was opened again, I would def go in there for sure. It looked quality to mee (from the Atyeo stand), non-stop singing. I was quite jealous actually as I really wanted to be in there after about 30 mins of the match.

Personally, I think that if the club offers the whole EE to Forest, it will be like a home game for them, and that just illustrates how they don't understand the football culture. Surely they are not that intransigent and short sighted enough to let that happen ?

:whistle2:

I signed the petition but didn't go in the Eastend today, and had no intention of doing so. However if in order to sign the petition I had to promise to go in there, I would gladly have swopped my tickets and done so, rather than sat back and done nothing.

The fans in the Eastend definately made a difference today with their non stop singing and energy. I spoke to a few people I knew that were in there and they really enjoyed the experience and would go in there again. Shame there was only one goal to celebrate though, the support was worthy of more.

There was no hint of trouble and GJ clearly supports the effort from his words and actions. Get him on your side and you've got your Eastend I think. Gary is sending out a very clear message at the moment 'no' to rugby and 'yes' to Eastend, lets see who is listening!

:goingup:

I was very suprised to the EE with so few in there today - around 650 I think.With all the publicity and those thousands of signatures on the 'open the EE' petition I was expecting a complete sell out.

Still, the hardy few made a good deal of noise - it was good to hear.

Shame it cost the club arounf £5k in police costs as the police insist that if the EE is open it has to be policed by thier officers due to the close proximity of the away fans.

As chairman of the Supporters Drinking Clique Club, don't you think it is about time you started supporting the people who you represent?

I thought the people in the EE made a great improvement to the atmosphere. This is to be applauded.

By the way, is there any way I can get to drink in the R&W bar without giving £5 to lick spittles like you?

Well I had great fun in there today, was good to be singing all game and Gary certainly seemed to appreciate it, made a point of standing there for a long time at the end applauding us and then went on to mention on Radio Bristol how much he had appreciated us singing for 90 minutes. And said how good it was to have all the singers in one place instead of spread out around the ground.

Fair play Gary and well done everyone in there who made it such a good atmosphere, the floor was literally shaking at times with the noise.

Well done EE. Great to have you back.

i have to say it was my most enjoyable game this season, the east end lets you feel passion and sing for the whole game. this is what football is about. Its not the normal turn up watch and go home that is normally dished out at ashton gate, today it felt like an away game atmosphere which was made a lot better by knowing you were at home.

It needs to be open always, as it doesnt just help the players it heightens the 'matchday experience' for everyone that goes in there

EAST EAST EAST ENDERS,

Really enjoyed today and would like to applaud the hundreds who joined me in the EE for the terrific vocal backing they gave the lads! Interesting reading all the comments to this thread; those who went in and really enjoyed it and those who didn't but were glad to hear all the noise we generated! It would be great if the club open it for Bradford on tuesday as it is reduced prices.

As for the "poor turnout" I put this down to three points.

1. Ticket prices- If they had slashed the prices due to the "poor view" and how much they appreciate vocal support you would have seen hundreds more.

2. POTD- If it had been POTD there would also have been a lot more for obvious reasons.

3. Advertisement- The way the club went about promoting seemed to be as if they wanted as small a number of people in there as possible! If these three areas had been sorted I'm sure we would have sold out!

Archived