IGNORED

Fastest Builders In The West...

Olé

The new 5,300 capacity East End will help facilitate the new Williams Stand (approx capacity 9,000) and the corner in between the two stands (approx capacity 1,700).

This will give AG an overall capacity of around 26,000-27,000.

I'm sure that planning permission would be attainable to make the new East End a bit higher and apparently it will be constructed so that a tier holding around 2,000 can be added on top.

That's the extent of future redevelopments at AG.

Guest North Street
is it atyeo mark II? are we looking at a bland monolithic indentikit stand?

Yes.

If anything the design is blander almost like somebody has gone "Bristol City are on the phone they want a stand in red, 5000 seats, design ready by the end of the week". Nothing original about the design at all.

Yes.

If anything the design is blander almost like somebody has gone "Bristol City are on the phone they want a stand in red, 5000 seats, design ready by the end of the week". Nothing original about the design at all.

Got a link to the design?

It would be fitting and appropriate for the club to design a stand fit for the eastend.

One that is unique and would draw attention to the club.

Look at Dorchester Town's ground

lets have some originality.

The new eastend should also be designed with mindfulness of its history and thus facilitate the creation of noise by noisy home fans, acoustics experts might help, however attention must be paid to the ability of fans to congregate and retain the ability to form an identity and aesthetic separate from the rest of the ground.

A start of another Lansdown c**k up is in the making, building a stand that small is pointless if this club is going to become a real player in the championship you need to have a ground to hold 30/35,000.

Is that why Portsmouth's ground holds 1k more than were at City vs. Rotherham (although admittedly it will be upgraded soon, it's been a premiership ground for 3 seasons and a championship one for countless before that)?

And furthermore, why does it have to be original? Surely the purpose of a ground is making as much noise as possible and getting as many people in as possible. There are far more important things that need to be original.

The new 5,300 capacity East End will help facilitate the new Williams Stand (approx capacity 9,000) and the corner in between the two stands (approx capacity 1,700).

This will give AG an overall capacity of around 26,000-27,000.

I'm sure that planning permission would be attainable to make the new East End a bit higher and apparently it will be constructed so that a tier holding around 2,000 can be added on top.

That's the extent of future redevelopments at AG.

That seems ideal and sensible improvements. However, if Ashton Gate was to be developed into a 28,000-29,000 stadium and we were successful enough to sustain crowds of that level, is the infrastructure up to scratch?

There's hardly anywhere for cars to park now, no real trainline nearby, a joke of a bus service so other things like that would surely have to be taken into consideration before we were allowed to develop AG to that level?

In a week where there has been ample publicity about the financial acumen of our Chairman, isn't there just a teeny possibility that he's had his calculator out and done a few sums which point to the chosen option being the best one. Based on real business planning rather than speculation.

Personally I'm up for trusting Mr L on this one.

Do you mean in the same way that during 6 years of Steve's financial directorship and chairmanship the club lost the £10m of net assets that had assiduously been built up over the previous 15 years?

Hope its not the same calculator.

Not read any of this thread.

But someone tell me..

What is the point in building an entire new stand, if the capacity goes up from 19,000 (Rotherham/Forest) to 21,000.

2,000 is pittance.

Why not build a decent sized new stand or leave it be?!

And so am I.

But it seems that NickJ has a difficult time accepting that maybe our self made soon to be very very very rich Chairman knows just a lttle bit about sums and just as much about long term buisness plans.

Some of us are just prepared to ask questions and make our own minds up.

Something which half-wits like you are incapable of.

If it turns out to be the best decision, fine. Its just that I'd like to know why its the best decision - if it is - rather than just take the word of it just because our chairman happens to have been one half of a very successful partnership in an unrelated business.

And I will tell you something else. I will guarantee you that Steve would prefer that his employees are equally challenging, rather than just accept the status quo, because successful businesses are built on the back of such people. I doubt you would understand that.

And I will tell you something else. I will guarantee you that Steve would prefer that his employees are equally challenging, rather than just accept the status quo, because successful businesses are built on the back of such people. I doubt you would understand that.

Wouldn't his employees know the ins-and-outs and have qualifications in those fields?

Wouldn't his employees know the ins-and-outs and have qualifications in those fields?

Those with qualifications don't have a monopoly on intelligent questions. In fact in my experience there's not even a guarantee of a positive correlation between the two.

Guest ashtonyate
Do you mean in the same way that during 6 years of Steve's financial directorship and chairmanship the club lost the £10m of net assets that had assiduously been built up over the previous 15 years?

Hope its not the same calculator.

Thank god other people on here are not rose coloured glass wearers they think he is some kind of god like person I think he a dull accountant with little imagination who wastes the clubs money

wait a minuit doesnt the east end already have 5,500 seats in it so why the **** would you replace it with a 5,300 stand.

Are you sure it holds 5,500? It seemed to be pretty full when Coventry brought their guys down, and they brought 2-3000 (no official figure on the Site).

Thank god other people on here are not rose coloured glass wearers they think he is some kind of god like person I think he a dull accountant with little imagination who wastes the clubs money

:bored:

Bet your a barrel of joy away from this place...

Because you did half-empty and in any case it makes my posts even more interesting.

Don't take me on you know you always lose.

Tit for tat eh? reminds me of when I was at school.

Not only that but an inflated opinion of how 'interesting' your own posts are.That me reminds of 'interesting' Steve Davis.

Finally - 'don't take me on, you know you always lose' That reminds me of one my favourite movie characters Minnesota Fats (Jackie Gleeson) who says to Fast Eddy Felson (Paul Newman) - " your're good kid,damn good but as long as I'm around you'll always be second best"

wait a minuit doesnt the east end already have 5,500 seats in it so why the **** would you replace it with a 5,300 stand.

Apparently thats not a valid point on account of the conferencing facilities.

Just accept what is happening. Don't question and be grateful.

why does it have to be original? Surely the purpose of a ground is making as much noise as possible and getting as many people in as possible. There are far more important things that need to be original.

only the best is good enough for bristol city fans especially those that will populate the new east end

a dull bland identikit atyeo mark II stand is just not good enough

Cowlin construction (Gas sponsor) made a 2 story cafe/clinic/church/child area/other things (since i've not explored the 2nd floor yet) by queens road, finished a little earlier this year. They started it around mid 06 if my memory serves me right.

Ontop of that Cowlin Construction are starting work on the new Withywood Community School (Where I attend) on the school field, thats been going on for about 5 weeks give or take and I must say, it's coming on very fast!

Maybe they'll hire these fantastic constructioners?

still a gas sponsor though... <_<

Archived