IGNORED

1 In 6 People Have A Drink Problem

Barrs Court Red

Jesus Ron, for someone who isn't even 20 yet you have a "different" outlook on life. A few years ago in Dublin I had the unpleasant experience of seeing someone commit suicide only 5 yards in front of me. Stuck his head under the wheels of a truck. Remember ringing 999 and the bird the other end saying "are you sure hes dead?". Answered "his brains are on my shoe, so pretty much yes!!" I have probably 10 mates who have died in car accidents in as many years. Buddy, its going to happen to us all one day so instead of worrying about dying why not worry about living cos its more fun!! Every day I live I am one day closer to my funeral and I intend to keep it that way.

Go and have a pint mate !!

As Ron is doing his GCSEs I surmise he's 16. When is was 14 I was very po-faced about drink (and ciggies and coffee ffs) because I could see the downside but didn't appreciate the upside.

Maturity is about understanding that there is pleasure to be had but that pleasure comes with a cost (physical, spiritual and financial) so you can't go out and get pissed every night, much as you may like to, and hangovers help in that learning process.

As Ron is doing his GCSEs I surmise he's 16. When is was 14 I was very po-faced about drink (and ciggies and coffee ffs) because I could see the downside but didn't appreciate the upside.

Maturity is about understanding that there is pleasure to be had but that pleasure comes with a cost (physical, spiritual and financial) so you can't go out and get pissed every night, much as you may like to, and hangovers help in that learning process.

I don't see how you can find going out and getting pissed comes from "maturity".

Which is forced upon people by their initial immaturity, not by being mature.

But when your a kid (when most people first experiment with drink) you're not supposed to be mature!

God I got drunk on White lightning on a park bench once, it put me off the stuff for life but its all part of growing up and having a laugh, I didnt come to any harm, I am not a heavy drinker now and I had a giggle at the time.

Act your age mate, don't grow old before your time!

There are much worse things in life that could well happen to you then getting wrecked and having a hangover before you're "legally" allowed to.

There are much worse things in life that could well happen to you then getting wrecked and having a hangover before you're "legally" allowed to.

I don't plan to, not least because I can't stand the taste, but also because I am ashamed of the reputation this country has achieved across Europe because of our drinking habits. For a lot of people on the continent, if you think of English People you think of binging and fighting in the street.

What a lovely momento to leave in people's minds.

Well go set fire to a bin or something, act like someone of 15 should be acting instead of trying to preach about something you havent even experienced.

Better yet, come back in 10 years and tell me you havent ever got drunk. :fastasleep:

There is nothing wrong with preaching about something you haven't experienced so long as you understand why; I don't have to sniff cocaine to have experienced it before I can say that it's not a good idea. Alcohol is a depressant, and from my experience makes people arrogant and stupid - and often sick. Lying in bed at 1:30am this morning, the only thing I could hear, from the Seafront (about 10 minutes walk away), which is covered in hotels, was some drunk woman singing as loudly as she could. I wonder why she might have been doing that?

Lying in bed at 1:30am this morning, the only thing I could hear, from the Seafront (about 10 minutes walk away), which is covered in hotels, was some drunk woman singing as loudly as she could. I wonder why she might have been doing that?

Cos she was having a good time and enjoying herself?

Honestly Ron, when you become a grown up and have to worry about important things such as if you can pay the bills or eat that week, or have a stressful job, you will realise that sometimes its good to let off steam. I have to really concentrate in my job, and be sensible and so yes sometimes I feel like going and getting off my face (and yes I have a hangover in the morning which I don't always like, and yes I have been sick before) as a way of releasing the stress I have to deal with on a daily basis in the real world.

I agree that people who become dependent on drink to cope with problems or for other reasons is not a good thing, as you well know again Ron and as I have said in this thread I have personal experience of that, but the majority of people go out, (or stay in) and enjoy a drink without causing trouble or harm to themselves or others, the woman you heard singing wasnt causing any harm to anyone, she was just having a bit of fun.

I think Ron is suffering from puberty problems at the moment, shall re-evaluate and read this again in 12 months time when he has lived a little and seen the real world. Nobody is perfect and Ron certainly wont be in his lifetime thats for sure.

You don't know that for a fact Ron, and if thats the worst she did then you have nothing to complain about.

For gods sake get your head out your ass and LIGHTEN UP!!!!!

I know that if I could hear her from a good 1/2 mile away that she would have woken a fair few people up who were a lot closer than I was to her "singing". If you got woken up at 1:30 in the morning on a Saturday night, by some stupid drunk woman who is making a complete fool of herself, you can't exactly say "you have nothing to complain about".

I think Ron is suffering from puberty problems at the moment.

How very patronising. I would have thought you were above that. And don't say "When you've grown up, becomg more mature" or anything like that, as I'm not the one defending the actions of someone pissed out of their head.

I know that if I could hear her from a good 1/2 mile away that she would have woken a fair few people up who were a lot closer than I was to her "singing". If you got woken up at 1:30 in the morning on a Saturday night, by some stupid drunk woman who is making a complete fool of herself, you can't exactly say "you have nothing to complain about".

How very patronising. I would have thought you were above that. And don't say "When you've grown up, becomg more mature" or anything like that, as I'm not the one defending the actions of someone pissed out of their head.

I am above that I just think you should not take life so seriously. If you read everything you saw in the papers and on tv you would stay in a padded cell for the rest of your life. Was not a personal dig at you just think you should concentrate on being 15 and not 50!!

Perhaps it is naive to feel that "Problem" refers only to the short term. Seeing as alcohol is linked to Mouth & Throat cancer, Mental Health Problems, Heart Disease, Strokes, Diabetes and Pancreatitis when drunk in excess, in the long term. This shows what I mean.

Oh dear. Another young person brainwashed by the government. Let me clear a few things up for you;

• You don't need to eat 4 vegetables a day
  • Smoking is not the main cause of cancer
  • Using a mobile phone will not give you cancer
  • Using a Wi-Fi connection will not give you cancer
  • Taking vitamins is not actually going to shorten your life
  • An occasional drink of beer, and getting drunk every now and then is not bad for you
I could go on...

This labour government works in the same way many other governments do. Keep people scared and frightened, and they will stand in line and do what you tell them.

Don't believe everything you watch on the news or hear at school, keep an open mind.

From reading your posts, I think its actually you who is very naive. Hopefully, you will grow out of it.

There is nothing wrong with preaching about something you haven't experienced so long as you understand why; I don't have to sniff cocaine to have experienced it before I can say that it's not a good idea. Alcohol is a depressant, and from my experience makes people arrogant and stupid - and often sick. Lying in bed at 1:30am this morning, the only thing I could hear, from the Seafront (about 10 minutes walk away), which is covered in hotels, was some drunk woman singing as loudly as she could. I wonder why she might have been doing that?

Ron, you don't happen to be the son of a methodist preacher do you? Did that drunk woman seem depressed to you? When you get a little older you may find that alcohol is not a depressent if you're not upset about something at the time. Taken in moderation, and sometimes a little too much, is both enjoyable and fun. You really need to lighten up a bit or life is going to be one long drag.

Oh dear. Another young person brainwashed by the government. Let me clear a few things up for you;
  • An occasional drink of beer, and getting drunk every now and then is not bad for you
I could go on...

This labour government works in the same way many other governments do. Keep people scared and frightened, and they will stand in line and do what you tell them.

Don't believe everything you watch on the news or hear at school, keep an open mind.

From reading your posts, I think its actually you who is very naive. Hopefully, you will grow out of it.

As much as I may disagree with it, I have never said that "getting drunk every now and then" will be overly detrimental to your health. I posted in reply to those who claim "I have 8 on most weekend evenings."

I could go on...

And high cholesterol will not be put down as cause of death after the 354 to Nailsea has run you over

Ron as you know I live just off Whiteladies road and my road is a major cut through for many people making their way home from the pubs, yes sometimes I might get woken up by someone having a sing song or whatever, but I don't actually go whinging about it to anyone, Lifes too short Ron, and if thats the worst you have to worry about then count yourself lucky.

Come on Ron, you only live once.

Alcohol, as long as it is not consumed in absoloutly horse loads creates a great night out.

No need to quiver over some woman singing she will have got her punishment the following day.

Ron, I hope you remember all this good advice when you're at university. We will all be very disappointed in you if you go out drinking til the early hours like all those other crusty wasters. They're very naughty and will be dead from liver poisoning before they graduate, clearly.

Ron, I hope you remember all this good advice when you're at university. We will all be very disappointed in you if you go out drinking til the early hours like all those other crusty wasters. They're very naughty and will be dead from liver poisoning before they graduate, clearly.

You really don't know how much truth their is in your statement. If I'm out until the early hours it won't be accompanied by booze.

And what is the obsession in this thread of twisting what I say? There is no mass human evidence to prove that Liver Cancer comes from over-Alcohol exposure. Come back in 30 years :)

You really don't know how much truth their is in your statement. If I'm out until the early hours it won't be accompanied by booze.

And what is the obsession in this thread of twisting what I say? There is no mass human evidence to prove that Liver Cancer comes from over-Alcohol exposure. Come back in 30 years :)

Your a nerd.

Do you go to a private school by any chance?

Archived