IGNORED

1 In 6 People Have A Drink Problem

Barrs Court Red

There is nothing wrong with preaching about something you haven't experienced so long as you understand why; I don't have to sniff cocaine to have experienced it before I can say that it's not a good idea. Alcohol is a depressant, and from my experience makes people arrogant and stupid - and often sick. Lying in bed at 1:30am this morning, the only thing I could hear, from the Seafront (about 10 minutes walk away), which is covered in hotels, was some drunk woman singing as loudly as she could. I wonder why she might have been doing that?

Spoilt his train of thought you know worst of all he then couldn't find the kleenex

And whether you agree with me or not, you cannot say "grow up" when referring to posts on "getting pissed". It is a paradox.

How is getting pissed a thing to get over and "grow up" about? Now you can "grow up" and learn people do it throughout their lives young man. Paradox my eye.

Love the stuff Asda werent selling it for a while which hacked me off a bit so went on the Thorne. Much prefer the Katy though. :)

Although i'm currently trying to get fit and haven't drunk for nearly 6 weeks, Thatcher's is awesome, always got time for a bottle of Katy, or even a bottle of Weston's, i'm a start-stop drinker, i don't have to drink but sometimes it's a good crack. :D

Oh dear. Another young person brainwashed by the government. Let me clear a few things up for you;

[*]You don't need to eat 4 vegetables a day

How do you get the essential vitamins, minerals and live enzymes required for living everyday then?

What thos reccomended ones that actually aren't needed a day?

Those ones?

Why arent they?

From what ive read, 20+ books and umpteen studies online, you need live enzymes to fulfill bodily functions, which are attained from eating raw fruit and veg.

Without this intake, one could expect an onset of disease at an early age of 50/60..

But this is the western world, so thats normal.

The fundamentals of modern medicine is based on the consumption of fruit, vegetables, herbs etc. due to its ability to maintain and heal the body.

Carrots make you see in the dark, an apple a day keeps the doctor away...ring a bell?

Its all true, and fortunately backed up by science!

Not sure what you're getting at with your comment about it not being reccomended??

Have you tried going without raw fruit or veg for a period of time, it just results in lethargy and illness.

Carrots make you see in the dark, an apple a day keeps the doctor away...ring a bell?

Its all true, and fortunately backed up by science!

Yes, the science bit is a thing called radar.

Although obviously carrots are good for you and do contain lovely chemicals that prevent you from dodgy eyesight, they just don't make you see in the dark.

Yes, the science bit is a thing called radar.

Although obviously carrots are good for you and do contain lovely chemicals that prevent you from dodgy eyesight, they just don't make you see in the dark.

To be fair I was being a bit cheeky with that comment.

See in the dark no, but vitamin A allows your eyes to adjust quicker and more accurately to low light environments.

Kinda like when you turn off the lights, give it a few minutes and you can see a bit, and vice versa when you turn on a light and have to squint.

I'm sure anyone who has Ron as a friend on facebook might just raise a bit of a smile at this thread, so thought I'd bump it! :innocent06:

I think before this goes in the classic section, it needs a few pictures of hard evidence that Ron was asleep in the gutter, sick down his top with a wet patch in evidence on his trousers.

Surely not clean living Ron had a drinky or two? :shocking:

I counted my units about a year ago on two seperate normal weeks (no stag parties or birthdays etc). I think the guidelines are 21 max for men and I think mine were 76 and 83 units if I remember correctly. I drink far less now.

I find it amusing how quickly people start shouting "Labour govt" and "Nanny state". You are allowed to drink, you are allowed to drink to exess if you wish and it was be irresponsible for them to ignore the "problem". It is quite right and correct for them to highlight and educate the figures so that we can consider how the stats fit in with our own lifestyle and decide if we want to change it. And actually it is a topic for govt is alcohol is a contributor to NHS costs, police costs, violence or family problems.

I sometimes drink too much, I listen to the guidelines set and choose if I wish to cut or ignore them. Suits me fine.

I haven't read every post on here word for word but am quite amazed at the treatment of Ron. He seems to me to have said he doesn't like alcohol and is concerned about those to drink to excess. To turn round and suggest he's immatute or not having fun because of it rather bigotted don't you think?

He's not telling you to eat carrots, just because he likes them.

He's not suggesting that everyone who drinks is bad.

He's not bringing in any race, gender or age to the debate as others seem willing to do.

Cocaine and smack might be quite fun but I don't hear many of you suggesting we all try it.

Self-harm might be rewarding but you wouldn't say "don't knock it until you've tried it" or "how would you know if you're doing your GCSEs".

He does have some valid points. I drink and have never become violent as a result - but have I done things that have put me in danger? Yes. Have I been annoying? Yes. Sure I've got away with it so far but doesn't mean I, or anyone else on here, always will.

Ron - You've made some good points and if you don't want to drink, don't. I do drink but I'm not going to lecture you on how you may or may not wish to enjoy your life.

Do tell, cos hes not on my friends list (for obvious reasons)

Yes, don't keep us in suspense.

Whatever it is Ron certainly won't be drinking :whistle2:

I don't plan to, not least because I can't stand the taste, but also because I am ashamed of the reputation this country has achieved across Europe because of our drinking habits. For a lot of people on the continent, if you think of English People you think of binging and fighting in the street.

What a lovely momento to leave in people's minds.

There is nothing wrong with preaching about something you haven't experienced so long as you understand why; I don't have to sniff cocaine to have experienced it before I can say that it's not a good idea. Alcohol is a depressant, and from my experience makes people arrogant and stupid - and often sick. Lying in bed at 1:30am this morning, the only thing I could hear, from the Seafront (about 10 minutes walk away), which is covered in hotels, was some drunk woman singing as loudly as she could. I wonder why she might have been doing that?

You're a stereotypical c**k. Go get drunk & be sick in the gutter.

:laugh: So the "Real World" is going to teach me to get falling down drunk every weekend? Great world.

Why, would you have liked to say that? If so, then in my eyes, unfortunately, yes.

I couldn't care less how you kill yourselves, since you are determined to do so, but you should be aware of the dangers & especially how it will impact on other people.

It really is a sad state of affairs if the general consensus of the Country I was born & live in feels that "getting drunk, falling over and getting hurt" is fun.

I don't get involved in Alcohol (I have nothing against drinking responsibly, just don't like the taste), so it has a minute impact on my life. That will never change.

Or so we are told today by the Departmeant of Health.

The figure, is of course nonsense. It includes men who drink more than 4 pints over 1 night in a week for example. Hardly a "problem".

This is an indication however, that the health fascists will be coming after alcohol next.

We are, indeed, living under what is becoming a CCTV Police State anti smoking and anti drinking nightmare. Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Russia come in for much criticism but those regimes actually encouraged their people and armed forces to drink and smoke as did our own Royal Navy up until the mid 1970's when they even had a rum ration. This country is becoming increasingly oppressive in every respect and with regard to drinking and smoking it's definately more oppressive than Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Russia.

We are, indeed, living under what is becoming a CCTV Police State anti smoking and anti drinking nightmare. Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Russia come in for much criticism but those regimes actually encouraged their people and armed forces to drink and smoke as did our own Royal Navy up until the mid 1970's when they even had a rum ration. This country is becoming increasingly oppressive in every respect and with regard to drinking and smoking it's definately more oppressive than Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Russia.

So encouraging drinking and smoking is good but discouraging it is bad...err, why exactly?

So encouraging drinking and smoking is good but discouraging it is bad...err, why exactly?

It's yet another infringement of our liberty by the state. People should have the right to choose how much they drink and smoke. The Government have already banned smoking in public places. You can't now even take to work a bottle of booze at Christmas.

Yep thats right.

Say whatever you like about Hitler, yeah he killed a few jews here and there, but at least he encouraged drinking and smoking.

Actually, Adolf Hitler didn't encourage drinking and smoking as he was teetotal and didn't smoke but even he - unlike our own poxy Government - didn't interfere with peoples' right to drink and smoke.

It's yet another infringement of our liberty by the state. People should have the right to choose how much they drink and smoke. The Government have already banned smoking in public places. You can't now even take to work a bottle of booze at Christmas.

You just said he encouraged it. Make your mind up.

It's yet another infringement of our liberty by the state. People should have the right to choose how much they drink and smoke. The Government have already banned smoking in public places.

People still have the right to choose if they drink or smoke - and how much. Smoking may be banned in public places but so is sex and throwing daggers. If you want to do those two things in your own home fine - but I wouldn't want you doing either in public.

Smoking isn't banned in public places - you can still smoke at the bus-stop, in the street etc.

The ban on smoking indoors in public places actually gives people more freedom. A non-smoker can now go to a pub, club or restaurant without smelling of fags or being troubled by asthma onset by smoke. That's fair on them and the smokers can still go outside to smoke.

You can't now even take to work a bottle of booze at Christmas.

That's rubbish. Stop making stuff up. You can - my old company did, we stored booze, we gave it out as prizes each month. Like many places we weren't supposed to drink in the office but both were the company rules and not dictated by government.

Stop being pedantic, Adolf Hitler did not impose anti drinking and anti smoking legislation as our own Government has now done.

It's not pedantic - you're just twisting yourself inside out. You said Hitler encouraged smoking and drinking and our government encouraged us not to do either. They're the same thing - just that our government is encouraging (according to you) things that do not cost the NHS and police (ultimately our taxes) huge amounts of money to put right.

Your view seems to be that anyone should be able to do anything they want to do no matter what the impact on other people. So does that make it ok for me to drink myself stupid, get in fights, cost the police money, have liver and heart failure that means I then cost the NHS money. I then wish to throw paint at strangers, deface property, plant a few bombs here and there, smash a few telephone boxes, perhaps damage a few train lines before indulging in a smack addiction that sees me beat up grannies for money and require hugely expensive treatment from the state. All ok with you? Cool because if the government tried to deter me I'd call them nanny-state - they should get their nose out of my life. I'll do what I want and I don't care who it affects - family, friends, public.

Archived