IGNORED

Season Tickets (merged, Yet Again, And Again!)

foghornred

Ive just rang the ticket office and tbh the lad that answered was very apologetic for the delay in my 2 season tickets.

Basically, gave him the reference numbers and he confirmed our home adress and that they were despacted last friday.

If no joy by this fri, ring him again and he will sort 2 emergency tickets for us to use on saturday.

So no real big deal, yet after payig £850 some 3 months ago, the club should of surely got them out to us earlier!!!!!!

Hi all. First time poster but long time supporter. Like some of you I got my season ticket this week but not my son's. Rang the ticket office who assured me the tickets had been posted separately despite the fact the envelope was addressed to us both! Needless to say it has not arrived and I'll no doubt have to spend ages racking up the phone bill on the 0871 number. No mention of these problems in the EP of course. In fact I commented on today's story about the possible sell out on thier site and lo and behold the post disappeared within an hour. No doubt CS sent the heavies round. Just as well the team's better than the admin or we'd be in League 2 in 2 years.

Juts cos you're paranoid doesn't mean Sextone isn't out to get you!

Credit where it's due mind you. I rang the ticket office and got straight through (new option 2 for season tickets added to the menu helps). The guy was suitably apologetic and helpful (said it was more or less a full time job handling these problems) and I'm picking up my son's temp ticket on Friday. Shouldn't have come to this but if you get things wrong always apologise and put things right quickly. Lessons learned I hope. :pray:

Ive just rang the ticket office and tbh the lad that answered was very apologetic for the delay in my 2 season tickets.

Basically, gave him the reference numbers and he confirmed our home adress and that they were despacted last friday.

If no joy by this fri, ring him again and he will sort 2 emergency tickets for us to use on saturday.

So no real big deal, yet after payig £850 some 3 months ago, the club should of surely got them out to us earlier!!!!!!

Arn,dispatched last Friday and you still ain't received them? Someone telling you a porky pie or someone in the postal office has helped themselfs. I know which option I'd go for.

It's all very well being polite and apologetic but you've parted with £850!! and have nothing to show for it with a little over 2 days still the big KO, plus i also looks like your going to be inconvienced on Saturday by having to queue for tickets.

The club get away with murder when comes to issues like this, can you think of any other siuation with a business where you'd be so patient and understanding after parting with so much cash but not recieving the goods!

If Sextoy wants to run the club like a profesional business about time they started behaving like one- yet again a bloody shambles.

Arn,dispatched last Friday and you still ain't received them? Someone telling you a porky pie or someone in the postal office has helped themselfs. I know which option I'd go for.

It's all very well being polite and apologetic but you've parted with £850!! and have nothing to show for it with a little over 2 days still the big KO, plus i also looks like your going to be inconvienced on Saturday by having to queue for tickets.

The club get away with murder when comes to issues like this, can you think of any other siuation with a business where you'd be so patient and understanding after parting with so much cash but not recieving the goods!

If Sextoy wants to run the club like a profesional business about time they started behaving like one- yet again a bloody shambles.

Welll SR, i aint that happy about it, but basically "what the @@@@ can i do about it"?

You of course are 100% correct seeing that they had my money ages ago, but i really can see which way to turn.

Thanks for your concerns mate....still got thur and fri suppose........ :disapointed2se:

Total agreement. Posted earlier in this thread but hoped I would have good news when I got home from work. Just got back from another 11 or 12 hour day to find nothing. Am sure I'm not alone in this but just to recap, I paid in full for my season ticket on the day they went on sale, May 22nd. It's now August the ****in 8th. 11 bloody weeks later. The club is an utter joke and someone should not be in the employ of Bristol City Football Club (we're paying their wages) for such rank incompetence.

Just spoke to a mate, whose 425 quid ticket I also bought at the time, he's not received anything either. Like my fellow poster, that's 850 quid to the club almost a quarter of a year ago and **** all to show for it. Colin Sexstone's comments to the press are now laughable, showing off about an operation that is clearly now an utter failure. To think I defended him several times on here just a couple of months ago. The entire commercial arm of the club is hopeless and an embarassment to Championship football.

You taught a child of eight to hate and you claim to of taught her well......deluded. ;)

Not hate Seend Red but dislike if she sees a Rovers shirt she will say they are rubbish and I just agree with her. We are all City fans in the family and am I pleased that the next generation are following in those footsteps.

Total agreement. Posted earlier in this thread but hoped I would have good news when I got home from work. Just got back from another 11 or 12 hour day to find nothing. Am sure I'm not alone in this but just to recap, I paid in full for my season ticket on the day they went on sale, May 22nd. It's now August the ****in 8th. 11 bloody weeks later. The club is an utter joke and someone should not be in the employ of Bristol City Football Club (we're paying their wages) for such rank incompetence.

Just spoke to a mate, whose 425 quid ticket I also bought at the time, he's not received anything either. Like my fellow poster, that's 850 quid to the club almost a quarter of a year ago and **** all to show for it. Colin Sexstone's comments to the press are now laughable, showing off about an operation that is clearly now an utter failure. To think I defended him several times on here just a couple of months ago. The entire commercial arm of the club is hopeless and an embarassment to Championship football.

Probably the best post on here tonight.

And tbh, fairly f@@@@@ off now.

And tbh, fairly f@@@@@ off now.

Me too. This'll make you laugh, if it doesn't make you cry. I live about 300 yards from Ashton Gate. I would have got the bloody season ticket by now if they'd ripped out each individual ticket and thrown ****in paper aeroplanes. It'd make a good story in the Evil Post but I'm not about to give the club the bad publicity.. perhaps they deserve it though. It's about time Colin Sexstone came on here and read these comments and took responsibility and explained the situation. Trouble for him is, its more or less inexcusable.

Me too. This'll make you laugh, if it doesn't make you cry. I live about 300 yards from Ashton Gate. I would have got the bloody season ticket by now if they'd ripped out each individual ticket and thrown ****in paper aeroplanes. It'd make a good story in the Evil Post but I'm not about to give the club the bad publicity.. perhaps they deserve it though. It's about time Colin Sexstone came on here and read these comments and took responsibility and explained the situation. Trouble for him is, its more or less inexcusable.

Bloody sad mate aint it!!!

And even worse?

Ive ad a season ticket since puberty!!!!!

Now plenty of hair (well on my body) but £850 season tickets no show!!!!!!!!

I finally got my ST today

Same as others on here, paid on the day they went on sale

Its crap and am fed up hearing CS (or as i will now always think of him, "sextoy", thanks Seend Red !!) that we have sold a record number, blah blah blah

:ranting::ranting::ranting:

Its a pity the club don't put as much effort into getting the bloody things out earlier. You wouldnt pay for your groceries 3 months in advance and wait for them

Still its an improvement on last season, when they sent it to the wrong address, even though all other mail from the club came to the right one !

I don't understand why the ST books can not be printed before the end of the season and handed out when you buy them ?

After all, the only reference to seats are on the insert slip the club print out, not on the ticket itself.

This would also save the club money in postage, and save the office staff spending weeks sorting them all out.

You would just get given the book in the shop when you paid for the ticket, with the sales assistant putting the printed seat slip in the front.

It would also save the fans from fretting about the ticket turning up or not.

Another "professional" master stroke by the orange one no doubt !

Still, that said....waahhoooooooooo, bring on saturday !!!!!

:devil::devil::devil:

Your quite within your rights in my eyes to tell it how it is when it comes to the commercial side of Bristol City, The whole ST episode is nothing short of absurd.

Sextone and his chums should be busting their balls over the next couple of days to make sure the likes of you and Arn receive your ST without fail proir to the season commencing. No excuses or buffoonery.

IMO since Sextone came in the supporter/customer relations has gone to peices.

Edit:I can't take credit for the Sextoy reference, I don't know who used it first but I saw it on here months ago and thought it was very appropriate!!

Just spoke to a mate, whose 425 quid ticket I also bought at the time, he's not received anything either. Like my fellow poster, that's 850 quid to the club almost a quarter of a year ago and **** all to show for it.

Edit #2. Just spoke to another mate, who got his with me on May 22nd as well. He also has nothing to show for it. That's one and a quarter ****** grand and nothing. Someone should lose their job, I don't say that flippantly, this is an embarassment and they're relying on loyalty of fans not to turn this into a serious consumer issue that could damage the clubs reputation via the press, or their finances via the card companies through which a lot of this money was transacted so long ago.

I'm not going 0871 to sort this crap out either.

Your quite within your rights in my eyes to tell it how it is when it comes to the commercial side of Bristol City, The whole ST episode is nothing short of absurd.

Sextone and his chums should be busting their balls over the next couple of days to make sure the likes of you and Arn receive your ST without fail proir to the season commencing. No excuses or buffoonery.

IMO since Sextone came in the supporter/customer relations has gone to peices.

Edit:I can't take credit for the Sextoy reference, I don't know who used it first but I saw it on here months ago and thought it was very appropriate!!

Suppose the only thing i can take heart by SR/O,LE, is a got 2 other mates who yet have to recieve season tickets to!!!!!

Off to bed to sob...

Just to add my name to the disgruntled ones, I haven't recieved mine yet either. My mate who bought his at the same time got his on saturday too - just starting to get a bit worried/p'ed off now.

I would say its shocking that the club is cutting it so fine, but really the way the commercial side of our club is run it really comes as no surprise. Don't get me started on the idea of selling personalised bricks in a stand that hasn't even been built 3 years later..........

My ticket had better come tomorrow cos I really can't be bothered with all that 0871 hassle.

With a postal strike on, that's a bit unfair. I run an online store and it's quite common for regular/recorded post to take a week or more at the moment.

Having said that, it's pretty stoopid to send season tickets by regular post with a postal strike on and with one week to go before kick-off...

With a postal strike on, that's a bit unfair. I run an online store and it's quite common for regular/recorded post to take a week or more at the moment.

Having said that, it's pretty stoopid to send season tickets by regular post with a postal strike on and with one week to go before kick-off...

I'm sure Sexton's spin and excuses for non-reciept of ST,s will include the line 'circumstances out of his control' regarding the postal strike!!

Completely and utterly hopeless.

I don't work in Bristol, pulled into a lay-by and spoke to the ticket office at 9am this morning via their 0871-LETS-RIP-YOU OFF-SOME-MORE, where I can spend 10p a minute or whatever it is from a mobile just to find my flipping season ticket.

Waited in a queue for 10 minutes, then explained that we had spent one and a quarter grand on three ST's on the day they went on sale and the lady put me on hold for what seemed like three minutes. Little did I know she was compiling excuses.

My ticket was 'sent to my old address'. In spite of writing the new address on the application form and in spite of calling the ticket office in June after moving to confirm that address was on their system and the one to which the ST would be sent.

That, apparently, was the club shop's fault. I know the club shop is staffed by imbeciles, but nothing like passing the buck when you've taken a call two months earlier yourselves and promised that you've got the right address. Total wasters.

What then threw this excuse off track was that the other two tickets I bought were going to two different addresses, which haven't changed. I pointed this out and without checking anything she told me that both were obviously lost in the post.

They sent them all out by Friday so anything not received is simply lost in the post. No hint of concern that in such a small sample all the tickets had gone missing. Not at all, simply 'not our fault'. Blame the post. Not them sending so late, oh no.

If you try to get them to have some sense of responsibility for why expensive tickets are being rushed out at the last minute after all this time, you're treated to excuses about printers not delivering the books on time and other stories.

Clearly this is shambolic mis-management which stands at odds with Colin Sexstone's triumphant stories to the Evening Post and at odds with the huge price-rises. If you're going to put prices up, for heavens sake deliver on those purchases.

So, I asked to speak to the ticket office manager. I think some of you know this already, but for me these three words at this time of the season and with this all going on, sum up the joke that is Bristol City as a commercial enterprise.

"She's on holiday!"

That's right! Tens of thousands of pounds worth of season tickets are being sent out at the very last minute, we're gearing up for our 'biggest opening day crowd in 29 years', tickets are missing, and the ticket office manager is on bloody holiday.

There hasn't been an apology or a valid explanation on the website for any of this. I challenged the acting manager of the ticket office to publicise blame for the post office and the printers if they are genuinely the source of all these problems.

I suspect these were buck-passing excuses so I don't expect to see this in the press or on the website. But Mr. Sexstone should pull his finger out and say something because at the moment I've seen ZERO responsibility for this utter shambles.

For the record, we can pick up some emergency match tickets from the ticket office now for Saturday. You know, leave the pub and queue with all the day trippers on Saturday, exactly what we paid 425 quid a pop, two and a half months ago for.

There's not much else to say but I'm ashamed that the club I support is so badly run and mismanaged. I will write to Colin Sexstone as club officials only seem to read nice things on here nowadays and just ignore what they don't want to hear.

Which is a pretty sad state of affairs as in any other line of business anyone in a management capacity would move heaven and earth to put things right but our commercial operations remain a disaster and just lurch from bad to worse to pathetic.

Rob

Not one word of apology. Not one word of explanation.

Not one 'name' taking responsibility. Just stating the bloody obvious for those that don't have tickets.

Colin Sexstone should put his name to this nonsense and show that someone at the club actually owns this problem.

48 hours to go and while we may be Championship on the pitch, we remain Downs League off it. Commercially inept.

Iknow you don't want to give the club bad press, but I'd serious consider going to the Evening Post and see if they'll do a story.

Its simply not on and its going to keep happening time and time again, because they are getting away with it.

Completely and utterly hopeless.

I don't work in Bristol, pulled into a lay-by and spoke to the ticket office at 9am this morning via their 0871-LETS-RIP-YOU OFF-SOME-MORE, where I can spend 10p a minute or whatever it is from a mobile just to find my flipping season ticket.

Waited in a queue for 10 minutes, then explained that we had spent one and a quarter grand on three ST's on the day they went on sale and the lady put me on hold for what seemed like three minutes. Little did I know she was compiling excuses.

My ticket was 'sent to my old address'. In spite of writing the new address on the application form and in spite of calling the ticket office in June after moving to confirm that address was on their system and the one to which the ST would be sent.

That, apparently, was the club shop's fault. I know the club shop is staffed by imbeciles, but nothing like passing the buck when you've taken a call two months earlier yourselves and promised that you've got the right address. Total wasters.

What then threw this excuse off track was that the other two tickets I bought were going to two different addresses, which haven't changed. I pointed this out and without checking anything she told me that both were obviously lost in the post.

They sent them all out by Friday so anything not received is simply lost in the post. No hint of concern that in such a small sample all the tickets had gone missing. Not at all, simply 'not our fault'. Blame the post. Not them sending so late, oh no.

If you try to get them to have some sense of responsibility for why expensive tickets are being rushed out at the last minute after all this time, you're treated to excuses about printers not delivering the books on time and other stories.

Clearly this is shambolic mis-management which stands at odds with Colin Sexstone's triumphant stories to the Evening Post and at odds with the huge price-rises. If you're going to put prices up, for heavens sake deliver on those purchases.

So, I asked to speak to the ticket office manager. I think some of you know this already, but for me these three words at this time of the season and with this all going on, sum up the joke that is Bristol City as a commercial enterprise.

"She's on holiday!"

That's right! Tens of thousands of pounds worth of season tickets are being sent out at the very last minute, we're gearing up for our 'biggest opening day crowd in 29 years', tickets are missing, and the ticket office manager is on bloody holiday.

There hasn't been an apology or a valid explanation on the website for any of this. I challenged the acting manager of the ticket office to publicise blame for the post office and the printers if they are genuinely the source of all these problems.

I suspect these were buck-passing excuses so I don't expect to see this in the press or on the website. But Mr. Sexstone should pull his finger out and say something because at the moment I've seen ZERO responsibility for this utter shambles.

For the record, we can pick up some emergency match tickets from the ticket office now for Saturday. You know, leave the pub and queue with all the day trippers on Saturday, exactly what we paid 425 quid a pop, two and a half months ago for.

There's not much else to say but I'm ashamed that the club I support is so badly run and mismanaged. I will write to Colin Sexstone as club officials only seem to read nice things on here nowadays and just ignore what they don't want to hear.

Which is a pretty sad state of affairs as in any other line of business anyone in a management capacity would move heaven and earth to put things right but our commercial operations remain a disaster and just lurch from bad to worse to pathetic.

Rob

Shambolic!!

You need to send this to the local press and make Sextone accountable, he's unlikey to respond to complaints on this forum! watch him move into spin mode if your story appeared in the local rag.

It's not nice but it has to be done.

Temporary tickets for me :( "Pick them up from the ticket office from 1.00." - no worries about parking then - I'll have to get there 2 hours early to get in for kick-off! "If your season tickets don't arrive by Monday call us again and we'll chase Royal Mail".

Waited about 8 mins and guy was very pleasant - no apology.

Temporary tickets for me :( "Pick them up from the ticket office from 1.00." - no worries about parking then - I'll have to get there 2 hours early to get in for kick-off! "If your season tickets don't arrive by Monday call us again and we'll chase Royal Mail".

Waited about 8 mins and guy was very pleasant - no apology.

After you making alternative arrangements they're probably turn up tomorrow. :fingerscrossed: sods law

Archived