IGNORED

Its Time For A Truce

leepeacock's50phead

Guest BRFC_Gas
You'd do well to follow your own advice because you were clearly rubbing yourself even harder than usual while making this post.

In attempting to expose the double standards of City fans complaining about pitch invasions, you stand guilty of your own hypocrisy by dredging up the incident of the Dolman bell-ends playing kiss-chase with Rovers players down the AG tunnel.

To wit:- Gasheads are not unknown to physically attack opposition players, a la Stoke City a few years back. That has clearly slipped your mind, so just to recap:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...03/ai_n14297626

Think you need to re-evaluate this nasty habit of Gasheads glossing over their f*ckwits' role in the deplorable events of 15/12/96. Remind me again which team's fans invaded the pitch first?

I'm not going to defend hooliganism - I was there that day and was truly appalled by what City fans did on national TV, especially as the game itself had been played in a brilliant atmosphere (hasn't been bettered in a Bristol derby since IMO), but I heard plenty of condemnation (rightly) for City's idiot element in the fall-out of the game but precious little for 'celebrating' Rovers fans who sparked the bish bosh.

I can't help but think if Rovers fans hadn't spilled on to the pitch when Beadle scored then the subsequent madness would never have ensued. Can you honestly say otherwise?

Please....!!

You are comparing one Rovers idiot confronting the Stoke goalie (and that was all it was) to the many shitheads running on the pitch to attack our fans and players (just ask Lee Martin!!)

Fair enough a few of ours spilled onto the pitch, it was a last minute equaliser in a derby game and saved us from the embarassment of losing to your lot and having a crap xmas. What you probably don't know (or maybe you do...) is that we were moved onto the pitch after the game to escape bricks etc being thrown over into our end from behind the away stand, then had to endure further trouble from your fans on almost every street corner.

Celebrating that goal doesn't give you that right to attack us and our players, it wasn't provoking at all, just sheer joy.

Tell me, how many were on your pitch after your Rotherham home game last year as I thought it was an offence to go on the pitch?

Tell me, how many were on your pitch after your Rotherham home game last year as I thought it was an offence to go on the pitch?

There were about 19,000 people on the pitch celebrating our automatic promotion to the Championship. It was wonderful.

It's an offence to enter a playing area without lawful excuse. We had one.

I note with interest you're ducking the very valid points about your fans continued missile throwing inside your own ground up until and including this season. Another example of a gashead with his head in the sand, sadly unsurprising.

I'm glad I support a football club that takes such things seriously and makes every effort to eradicate that sort of thing.

Muppet-Celebrating a promotion hardly has a place in this conversation.

Try looking at the 2nd leg of the LDV tie when even after winning your knuckle draggers proceeded to give it the big one towards the City fans, I was there and found it all highly amusing, we were completely surrounded by riot police and there was never any way anything was going to happen, never the less your knuckle draggers proceeded to gesture and advance towards our support.

Although was funny when a couple of yours got trampled by a Police horse...

Care to share your views on this?

17 and a half years ago.

No wonder the sags attendances are so shit, most of them must have decided to "end it all now" if that's how far back they have to go for a happy memory.

The remaining few will no doubt be gone soon especially when Rovers current financial predicament comes to light. Let's just say they want to be at least 10 points clear of the drop this season and next for safety's sake.

Mods-I was under the impression posting match highlights via Youtube was an instant 14 day ban?

Possibly make it 14 years though for this turd.

(Okay I know the highlights are from 1990 but never the less any excuse to get rid of a sag eh!!)

Blimey Devon white's shorts were a bit tight weren't they? :noexpression: :laugh:

If I have a kid I hope their first words are 'silly gasheads'

Both my kids' first word was "Murray".

MrsRedTop swears it was "mummy" but I'm pretty sure she misheard.

As for the Gas, well I'm afraid a dislike of the blue few is hardwired in my genes. As I once wrote in the newspaper I work for - much to the chagrin of some Gashead readers who protested - if my son or daughter grew up a Rovers fan I'd demand a DNA test. Fortunately, they are both red through and through, having attended pretty much from birth. My lad got his first season ticket this year at the age of three, and I think his slightly older sister was two when she did her first away games to Bradford and Blackpool. They both 'boo' the Gas, and when we play football in the garden they have to be "the goodies, Bristol City" and I have to be "the baddies, Bristol Rovers". Needless to say, I ensure I never win.

I think the tribal rivalry between the Bristol sides is good for both of us, and in the seasons when we've been doing nothing in the league other than languishing somewhere near the bottom with it, trying to establish ourselves above them in a division has maintained interest and being 'top dog' given us at least something to aim for.

In fact, I don't think that it's a coincidence that in many of the previous years where one team has gone up or down, the other has too - going right back to the year we both got relegated together from the Second Division during our infamous plummet through the leagues in the early 80s to the year they pipped us to the Division Three title. The pressure to succeed when you see the other half (now reduced to 'the other quarter) of Bristol doing well must spur the players on.

And be honest, which of you has not sought the tiniest consolation and been cheered up just a little bit on a day when City has lost by hearing over the Tannoy or on Radio Bristol that the Gas had also been beaten?

Of course, violence etc between the fans is nothing but despicable and there is absolutely no excuse for it, but banter and rivalry - together with a good old-fashioned deep-seated distaste on both sides - is nothing to be ashamed of. Because without the passion, emotion and rivalry we might as well all go and watch a game of badminton. The rivalry between City and the Gas encapsulates everything that makes football different from watching any other sport. The day there is apathy between City and Rovers is the day football is dead.

Both my kids' first word was "Murray".

MrsRedTop swears it was "mummy" but I'm pretty sure she misheard.

As for the Gas, well I'm afraid a dislike of the blue few is hardwired in my genes. As I once wrote in the newspaper I work for - much to the chagrin of some Gashead readers who protested - if my son or daughter grew up a Rovers fan I'd demand a DNA test. Fortunately, they are both red through and through, having attended pretty much from birth. My lad got his first season ticket this year at the age of three, and I think his slightly older sister was two when she did her first away games to Bradford and Blackpool. They both 'boo' the Gas, and when we play football in the garden they have to be "the goodies, Bristol City" and I have to be "the baddies, Bristol Rovers". Needless to say, I ensure I never win.

I think the tribal rivalry between the Bristol sides is good for both of us, and in the seasons when we've been doing nothing in the league other than languishing somewhere near the bottom with it, trying to establish ourselves above them in a division has maintained interest and being 'top dog' given us at least something to aim for.

In fact, I don't think that it's a coincidence that in many of the previous years where one team has gone up or down, the other has too - going right back to the year we both got relegated together from the Second Division during our infamous plummet through the leagues in the early 80s to the year they pipped us to the Division Three title. The pressure to succeed when you see the other half (now reduced to 'the other quarter) of Bristol doing well must spur the players on.

And be honest, which of you has not sought the tiniest consolation and been cheered up just a little bit on a day when City has lost by hearing over the Tannoy or on Radio Bristol that the Gas had also been beaten?

Of course, violence etc between the fans is nothing but despicable and there is absolutely no excuse for it, but banter and rivalry - together with a good old-fashioned deep-seated distaste on both sides - is nothing to be ashamed of. Because without the passion, emotion and rivalry we might as well all go and watch a game of badminton. The rivalry between City and the Gas encapsulates everything that makes football different from watching any other sport. The day there is apathy between City and Rovers is the day football is dead.

That was a nice read........my son is 3 and a half, and he said to me I like Bristol City mummy :noexpression: :o .....not good!!! :disapointed2se:

And to think on his recent visit to AG alot of City fans' clapped him.

He hates City just as much as I hate Rovers and for that reason I will never clap him in a million years.

And to think on his recent visit to AG alot of City fans' clapped him.

He hates City just as much as I hate Rovers and for that reason I will never clap him in a million years.

I must admit I hadn't seen that before! I did feel like putting my hand through my PC screen and wringing his scrawny little neck!

All I will add is that it was shot 17 years ago so possibly it's time to move on...let's not get caught in a time trap like the sags eh!

This is on Hollowhead's BBC column at the moment! I think it's rather funny. At least he cares.

"Ollie: is it true that the Bristol local rivalry runs so deep with you that, as Rovers manager, you banned red vans from delivering to the ground?"

Yes I did do that. I wouldn't let anyone with a red motor leave it inside the ground. My captain, Andy Tillson, bought a red car and I stood in the drive and made him park outside.

But my wife stopped all that one year. I insisted I didn't like anything red and then she bought some red underwear and I had to change my views because it looked fantastic!

Please....!!

You are comparing one Rovers idiot confronting the Stoke goalie (and that was all it was) to the many shitheads running on the pitch to attack our fans and players (just ask Lee Martin!!)

Fair enough a few of ours spilled onto the pitch, it was a last minute equaliser in a derby game and saved us from the embarassment of losing to your lot and having a crap xmas. What you probably don't know (or maybe you do...) is that we were moved onto the pitch after the game to escape bricks etc being thrown over into our end from behind the away stand, then had to endure further trouble from your fans on almost every street corner.

Celebrating that goal doesn't give you that right to attack us and our players, it wasn't provoking at all, just sheer joy.

Listen, Lee Martin is a big-nosed c*** who committed the unforgivable crime in the 1990 FA Cup replay of saving Alex Ferguson's job - thus subjecting the nation to another 17 years of pro-United outspokeness, belligerence and a total lack of dignity and class in defeat. If he hadn't scored that goal, Fergie would have been sacked and never heard of again. So LM got what was coming to him...

...I'm joking of course. And you have to be joking in your appraisal of the Gavin Ward incident. I've done a fair bit of reading around on this and from what I gather, it was two fans who attacked him, while others had pelted him with missiles and police horses were used to hold back Rovers fans. Obviously it still wasn't as bad as what our nogginses did to your players, but it certainly wasn't as trivial as you are trying to make out.

You started the finger-pointing re: fans attacking players though, so I was merely holding up a mirror to your post.

I'm well aware of what happened in the aftermath of that Bristol derby and I think I've voiced my disgust on the matter loudly enough. But I wasn't talking about the fans being forced on to the pitch at the end of the game, I'm just glad they were able to escape the cretins who were attacking them. It doesn't bear thinking about what might have happened if we still had perimeter fencing at that end.

But the encroachment when Beadle scored is an entirely separate matter and you do yourself no favours by attempting to write it off as festive high spirits. I can imagine what it must have felt like for you lot when that went in, I'm sure you felt as elated as I did crushed and I would fully expect Gasheads to react by generally going apes***, taunting us with 'Beadle, Beadle' etc but no matter how happy they were, going on the pitch was an incitement to riot.

I agree 100% that it didn't warrant 'us' responding in such a despicable manner but I'm afraid you have to be realistic and accept that if your team score a last-gasp goal at the home of your biggest rivals and your fans respond by running on their pitch to whoop it up, it's pretty likely to elicit a negative response, no? It was provocation alright, as I suspect those responsible knew only too well...

Now and again a point is made which is so laughable that to argue against it would be to give it kudos which it does not deserve. Your comment about the Rotherham invasion would be such a point....

Where do I begin with your lot the list seems endless...

For the record I love Bristol Rovers FC as much as you love your team. As I've said before I hated you in my teens during the 80's as much as you can hate McDonalds [and I do still]. With age I'm alot more chilled out. Now your a boil on me arse, a pain but but nothing more...

My hatred as a 19 year old was fueled by your BCFC Champions 90, T-shirts circa April, the same year when I was down the Horn and Trumpet on the centre laugh out load. This really does smack of "We are the people" spouted by Rangers fans to p*ss off Celtic fans. Plus now all this talk about the Blue few blah blah blah. Get a grip boys and girls you are doing mint at the mo but ya ain't a big club as we certainly are not....

Regards from a true BLUE..........god I love that Blue and White shirt :clapping:

For the record I love Bristol Rovers FC as much as you love your team. As I've said before I hated you in my teens during the 80's as much as you can hate McDonalds [and I do still]. With age I'm alot more chilled out. Now your a boil on me arse, a pain but but nothing more...

My hatred as a 19 year old was fueled by your BCFC Champions 90, T-shirts circa April, the same year when I was down the Horn and Trumpet on the centre laugh out load. This really does smack of "We are the people" spouted by Rangers fans to p*ss off Celtic fans. Plus now all this talk about the Blue few blah blah blah. Get a grip boys and girls you are doing mint at the mo but ya ain't a big club as we certainly are not....

Regards from a true BLUE..........god I love that Blue and White shirt :clapping:

Most Rovers fans' I have spoke to recently say the highlight from last season was not getting promotion from the bottom league, It was beating us. How sad is that?

Most Rovers fans' I have spoke to recently say the highlight from last season was not getting promotion from the bottom league, It was beating us. How sad is that?

I've had that aswell. Despite getting to the Millenium Stadium, and winning the first ever league paly off final at the New Wembley to get promoted out of the basement league, the highlight is a 1-0 win in a poxy little cup. Sad sad people

Guest BRFC_Gas
The remaining few will no doubt be gone soon especially when Rovers current financial predicament comes to light. Let's just say they want to be at least 10 points clear of the drop this season and next for safety's sake.

Nibor, the crap you spout is unbelievable.

Wheres your source, mate in the pub who happens to be on the board? Please....

enjoy it while it lasts

Guest BRFC_Gas
I've had that aswell. Despite getting to the Millenium Stadium, and winning the first ever league paly off final at the New Wembley to get promoted out of the basement league, the highlight is a 1-0 win in a poxy little cup. Sad sad people

They may have said that to you, but there isn't a gashead alive who truely believes beating your lot was better than winning promotion. We are a poxy little club yet you couldnt score let alone beat us over 2 games, just shows football outside the Prem is very poor indeed

They may have said that to you, but there isn't a gashead alive who truely believes beating your lot was better than winning promotion. We are a poxy little club yet you couldnt score let alone beat us over 2 games, just shows football outside the Prem is very poor indeed
Because maybe promotion was more important to us? This season in the Championship City have created so many memories for me. Even more than I had in our 9 seasons in League One, That says alot about your division and our division.

What is it like to see us 39/40 places above you in the football league?

If City make the Prem and you lot get relegated then that will be the death of your poxy club.

Archived