IGNORED

Its Time For A Truce

leepeacock's50phead

My hatred as a 19 year old was fueled by your BCFC Champions 90, T-shirts circa April, the same year when I was down the Horn and Trumpet on the centre laugh out load. This really does smack of "We are the people" spouted by Rangers fans to p*ss off Celtic fans.

You don't know what you're talking about. The 'we are the people' ethos goes way, way deeper than any simple sporting rivalry. It's roots lie in the sectarian divide of Northern Ireland and is a Loyalist mantra where the stinger is in the inference, 'we are the people', ergo somebody else are NOT the people (ie Roman Catholics/Nationalists). There are no parallels you can draw between that and the City/Rovers rivalry.

You've got me baffled by throwing McDonalds into the equation by the way, I assume you are referring to the fast food chain? :huh: What's your beef (no pun intended, that's not what they put in their Big Macs anyway)?

Could it be that you are jealous of a successful, massive worldwide brand that is driving your humble burger van called, ooh I dunno - let's say 'Bradshaw's Snack Box' - out of existence? ;) ;) ;)

Well surely the m at the end is ok? :D

Absolutely, but at this juncture I'm undecided as to whether it stands for 'Mummy' or 'Minx'...

Incidentally, what you said about your son struck a chord wth me - I have a little boy not much younger than yours and his favourite phrase is 'Daddy's Gas' (ie Daddy IS Gas), it's a bit disconcerting that they already know how to push our buttons at this tender age. Makes me seriously worried about what lies ahead as they reach a more 'difficult' age....

'Dad, I'd like you to meet my new girlfriend...Jamie-Lynn Spears' :noexpression:

For the time being though, an unsubtle reminder that I've got Father Christmas on speed-dial is enough to get him to reconsider daddy's Gas-ness! :innocent06:

They may have said that to you, but there isn't a gashead alive who truely believes beating your lot was better than winning promotion. We are a poxy little club yet you couldnt score let alone beat us over 2 games, just shows football outside the Prem is very poor indeed

Your picture says otherwise you inadequate individual.

Nibor, the crap you spout is unbelievable.

You said much the same when I told you back in the summer not to worry about going to Cheltenham.

Wheres your source, mate in the pub who happens to be on the board? Please....

Yes, bloke in a pub for sure.

Poor little thing, she's all worried.

Well well well were do you begin ???????? I guess that stupid shirt would do for starters....laugh out load. [Thus the refernce to the "we are the people" bo**ox, and yes pee brain I do understand the Glasgow gigg. One of my work mates is from Northern Ireland and a Celtic supporter through and through Oh and by the way a group of us took him to the local derby when Bealdle scored to make it 1-1. He was there when your lot attacked our players and then when kept in got bricked from behind by your lot. I'm an atheist so to me all religion is bo**ox but he knows hatred when he see's it]

As for the an added reminder to my memories down the Horn and Crumpt playing pool when the said member [literally] walked in with that laffable Tshirt just plain p*ssed me off, a typical show of city arrogance. I'm not jealous of you kiddywinks as I follow my team through thick and thin........and yall be glad to know at the age of 37 I have two great kids both blessed with being Rovers supporters as I am as is my father and my father's father......... :worship2:

As for the question over beating your lot over 2 games and getting promotion theres no contest......The best was the 2nd of May 90 3-nil as my memory serves right, but compared to getting promotion at the new Wembley with 40,000 Bristolian's [the largest following ever bar England] is without a shed of doubt light years over beating your lot [even though the nights festivities and the banging headache in the morning was worth every penny] This is with out doubt the most memorable game of the year [including beating Hartlepool...classic] When Igoe broke out of our area and ran down the lenght of the pitch to an empty goal net, pursued by their players as he pulled the trigger the ball took a life time rolling over that Wembley turf and then fianally crossed the goal line, our end at Wembley went nuts as we knew we had done it. Pointing out the obvious pandamonium broke out. What a day and what a night we all had, nay what a weekend, one ta savour. So no to those out there with your self inflated egos, beating Shrewsbury was MUCH better than beating your lot............. :winner_third_h4h:

Well well well were do you begin ???????? I guess that stupid shirt would do for starters....laugh out load. [Thus the refernce to the "we are the people" bo**ox, and yes pee brain I do understand the Glasgow gigg. One of my work mates is from Northern Ireland and a Celtic supporter through and through Oh and by the way a group of us took him to the local derby when Bealdle scored to make it 1-1. He was there when your lot attacked our players and then when kept in got bricked from behind by your lot. I'm an atheist so to me all religion is bo**ox but he knows hatred when he see's it]

As for the an added reminder to my memories down the Horn and Crumpt playing pool when the said member [literally] walked in with that laffable Tshirt just plain p*ssed me off, a typical show of city arrogance. I'm not jealous of you kiddywinks as I follow my team through thick and thin........and yall be glad to know at the age of 37 I have two great kids both blessed with being Rovers supporters as I am as is my father and my father's father......... :worship2:

As for the question over beating your lot over 2 games and getting promotion theres no contest......The best was the 2nd of May 90 3-nil as my memory serves right, but compared to getting promotion at the new Wembley with 40,000 Bristolian's [the largest following ever bar England] is without a shed of doubt light years over beating your lot [even though the nights festivities and the banging headache in the morning was worth every penny] This is with out doubt the most memorable game of the year [including beating Hartlepool...classic] When Igoe broke out of our area and ran down the lenght of the pitch to an empty goal net, pursued by their players as he pulled the trigger the ball took a life time rolling over that Wembley turf and then fianally crossed the goal line, our end at Wembley went nuts as we knew we had done it. Pointing out the obvious pandamonium broke out. What a day and what a night we all had, nay what a weekend, one ta savour. So no to those out there with your self inflated egos, beating Shrewsbury was MUCH better than beating your lot............. :winner_third_h4h:

Keep telling yourself that and maybe one day you may actually believe it. You know what's going to happen to your club don't you? You will move to Cheltenham at the end of the season and then the rugby ground will be bulldozed and then due to low attendances at Cheltenham and no non match day income what so ever and high wages for players like Phillips you will enter administration even before a brick has been laid and all work will be suspended whilst you ply your trade at cheltenham in league two. Your directors will then sale the land for houses and keep it on the hush hush and then walk away wealthy men whilst you struggle to survive.

Whilst all this is happen the young kids in Bristol will come to us as they will be seeing us on MOTD every Saturday night.

Absolutely, but at this juncture I'm undecided as to whether it stands for 'Mummy' or 'Minx'...

Incidentally, what you said about your son struck a chord wth me - I have a little boy not much younger than yours and his favourite phrase is 'Daddy's Gas' (ie Daddy IS Gas), it's a bit disconcerting that they already know how to push our buttons at this tender age. Makes me seriously worried about what lies ahead as they reach a more 'difficult' age....

'Dad, I'd like you to meet my new girlfriend...Jamie-Lynn Spears' :noexpression:

For the time being though, an unsubtle reminder that I've got Father Christmas on speed-dial is enough to get him to reconsider daddy's Gas-ness! :innocent06:

In fairness neither, but Minx sounds better :rolleyes:

Aaaww Bless him :innocent06: , problem is once christmas is over how are you going to stop your little boy saying it then?. My son also says 'mummy do you like red, my favourite colour is red :laugh: , I try and smile sweetly and say thats nice, but inside I'm seething!!! :disapointed2se:

I just hope he grows out of it :fingerscrossed: :noexpression:

In fairness neither, but Minx sounds better :rolleyes:

Aaaww Bless him :innocent06: , problem is once christmas is over how are you going to stop your little boy saying it then?. My son also says 'mummy do you like red, my favourite colour is red :laugh: , I try and smile sweetly and say thats nice, but inside I'm seething!!! :disapointed2se:

I just hope he grows out of it :fingerscrossed: :noexpression:

But your favuorite colour IS red isnt it?!

Archived