IGNORED

Its Time For A Truce

leepeacock's50phead

I was just thinking about this the other day.

I was thinking that if we don't play soon, then this derby could, horror of horrors, become not exactly a friendly derby but one that lacks passion and intensity. FA Cup 3rd Round, League Cup or Friendly would do the trick, but we do really need it and quick or the passion could go, as could the partisan aspect and nobody would want that. :disapointed2se:

I was just thinking about this the other day.

I was thinking that if we don't play soon, then this derby could, horror of horrors, become not exactly a friendly derby but one that lacks passion and intensity. FA Cup 3rd Round, League Cup or Friendly would do the trick, but we do really need it and quick or the passion could go, as could the partisan aspect and nobody would want that. :disapointed2se:

No chance of that happening my friend. Look, its like this, you're born in Bristol, you're either red or blue. Whichever you are you automatically can't stand the other. Maybe I'm a bit longer in the tooth than you but if we never play the gas again the contempt I have for them will never die. Bit like a volcano I suppose, lies dormant for years, but then one day (when and if we do have to play them) it will erupt with a passion. Well that's my take anyway.

No chance of that happening my friend. Look, its like this, you're born in Bristol, you're either red or blue. Whichever you are you automatically can't stand the other. Maybe I'm a bit longer in the tooth than you but if we never play the gas again the contempt I have for them will never die. Bit like a volcano I suppose, lies dormant for years, but then one day (when and if we do have to play them) it will erupt with a passion. Well that's my take anyway.

I hope you're right, just the old sayings about familiarity breeding contempt and absence making the heart grow fonder sprang to mind thinking about it.

Archived