IGNORED

Its Time For A Truce

leepeacock's50phead

I thought it was all quite sweet when Olly came down with Leicester and all the Grandstand lads gave him a decent reception.

I used to hate Rovers, why? cos they always used to bloody beat us or at least take a point.

However, its been years since we have been in the same division, and we just don't play them enough to be worried about them anymore.

I've actually chilled on this subject and just don't hate the Rovers like I used to probably because we have been a division above them for a few years and they are not a threat on our team.

Lets not make them feel more important that they are by signing songs about them, lets concentrate on our team and our competitiors at the level we are at such as Cardiff, Plymouth and QPR etc.

Surely the ultimate insult to a sag would be to tell them that we just don't care anymore?

I thought it was all quite sweet when Olly came down with Leicester and all the Grandstand lads gave him a decent reception.

I used to hate Rovers, why? cos they always used to bloody beat us or at least take a point.

However, its been years since we have been in the same division, and we just don't play them enough to be worried about them anymore.

I've actually chilled on this subject and just don't hate the Rovers like I used to probably because we have been a division above them for a few years and they are not a threat on our team.

Lets not make them feel more important that they are by signing songs about them, lets concentrate on our team and our competitiors at the level we are at such as Cardiff, Plymouth and QPR etc.

Surely the ultimate insult to a sag would be to tell them that we just don't care anymore?

At the end of the day, there are bitter and twisted sags all around us ALL THE TIME. And that will never change.

They will always spit venom at us. They will always care more about us losing then they do their own team winning. They will always come out with self righteous hypocritical drivel about how wonderful their tiny support is. I'm sorry, but unless they go away completely I'm always going to hate them and their fans.

At the end of the day, there are bitter and twisted sags all around us ALL THE TIME. And that will never change.

They will always spit venom at us. They will always care more about us losing then they do their own team winning. They will always come out with self righteous hypocritical drivel about how wonderful their tiny support is. I'm sorry, but unless they go away completely I'm always going to hate them and their fans.

Small Team Syndrome is a terrible affliction. You've got to feel a little bit sorry for them?

Yes, I don't disagree but....

We haven't played them in a really meaningful game for years and it is unlikely we will for the forseeable future!

We are Bristol City and we are brought up to despise the sags, as they are brought up to despise us!

I feel pity for them as we are light years ahead but I will never forget Twerton 1990 and for that reason I will always despise the ragbag mob!

Bristol without Rovers would be no fun atall!

Tell me you don't look at their results and have a crafty smile when they lose? Another question seeing as you don't despise them anymore, your son comes home in a Rovers shirt and says 'dad I've decided to be a gas-h-ead'! You are going to say well done son? Somehow I doubt it!

Another question seeing as you don't despise them anymore, your son comes home in a Rovers shirt and says 'dad I've decided to be a gas-h-ead'! You are going to say well done son? Somehow I doubt it!

There's a tough question for the blokes:- Would you rather your son turn out Gas or Gay?

Stark similareties in the scenario when you think about it.

I've always been in favour of the two clubs merging to create one Bristol team that could make an impact in the Premier League.

The new team would:-

i) take the 'Bristol' bit of the name from Bristol Rovers and the 'City' bit from Bristol City.

ii) take the Red bit of the kit from City and the White bit from Rovers.

iii) play at Ashton Gate because it is clearly the only stadium approaching Premier Leage standard

I thank you

Goodnight!

;)

There's a tough question for the blokes:- Would you rather your son turn out Gas or Gay?

Stark similareties in the scenario when you think about it.

He'd still be your son.

What a crap attitude - you'd never make in the caring profession with crass judgements like that.

Guest Garfunkle
He'd still be your son.

What a crap attitude - you'd never make in the caring profession with crass judgements like that.

you could take him to wembley to watch rovers again couldnt you

I've always been in favour of the two clubs merging to create one Bristol team that could make an impact in the Premier League.

The new team would:-

i) take the 'Bristol' bit of the name from Bristol Rovers and the 'City' bit from Bristol City.

ii) take the Red bit of the kit from City and the White bit from Rovers.

iii) play at Ashton Gate because it is clearly the only stadium approaching Premier Leage standard

I thank you

Goodnight!

;)

But then we'd be paying their players wages and none of them would even make the squad. Where would be the logic?

:innocent06:

He'd still be your son.

Did you really think I was serious Mr Know-all Sergent Fun Police?

You seem so small minded I don't even know where to start with you.

Have a nice day.

You didn't go to the minimal in the final of the freight rover (or whatever its called) then, because if you had you would still hate them with a passion.

pitch invasion by their chavs and their stewards letting them get within 20-30 foot of the away end, when we protest the stewards just taking the p1ss and the coppers masing us (kids and old age pensioners).

Also the three games they have had called off this season all seemed to be when they had major injury concerns.........

Will allways hate them.

I love you :):wub:

Truce my arse, where the **** has all this 5h1t come from?

Jesus, some of you are letting our League position cloud your judgement on some serious issues.

Not even a gashead would say such a thing, they hate us as much as we hate them, let it stay that way.

Only a bleeding heart apathetic liberal would say somthing so dam obscene!

Truce my arse, where the **** has all this 5h1t come from?

Jesus, some of you are letting our League position cloud your judgement on some serious issues.

Not even a gashead would say such a thing, they hate us as much as we hate them, let it stay that way.

Only a bleeding heart apathetic liberal would say somthing so dam obscene!

I don't hate you all :disapointed2se:

In footballing terms, Bristol is not big enough for two League teams. If I had a choice between the City getting promoted to the Prem or the Rovers going bust and never playing again, it would be the Rovers going bust any day of the week.

City promoted to the Prem without doubt!!!

personally when I see a rovers shirt these days, which in all honesty isn't very often anymore, I usually don't know whether to laugh or shake my head in pity for them.

either way, it takes alot of guts to wear those branded tops out in public for the fear of being mocked, much like when chavs go out wearing burberry, everyone is laughing at them in side and they just don't know it

City promoted to the Prem without doubt!!!

personally when I see a rovers shirt these days, which in all honesty isn't very often anymore, I usually don't know whether to laugh or shake my head in pity for them.

either way, it takes alot of guts to wear those branded tops out in public for the fear of being mocked, much like when chavs go out wearing burberry, everyone is laughing at them in side and they just don't know it

:laugh: .I have a choice of shirts if you would like to borrow one?

Archived