IGNORED

Thankyou To The Numskulls In Dolman Block A

Olé

What was actually said?

don't say its too horrendous to repeat, we're just debating is'all.

I was about to ask the very same question! Despite all this commotion going on from behind the keyboard, what was actually being sung or are we the only ones not to have a clue as to what this thread is about? :dunno:

Give me their seat numbers and I will take it up with the club then.

I'm sure you would :disapointed2se:

The majority using this board know that racism is wrong and I wouldn't argue with you on that front but we're talking about a football match between City and Cardiff! This stuff happens in the heat of the battle and silly chants are used towards each other but it means nothing in the great scheme of things.

Don't take it to heart and be so bloody offical all the time.

They were singing anti-English chants and City vice versa..........whats the problem? just get on with it!

I'm sure you would :disapointed2se:

The majority using this board know that racism is wrong and I wouldn't argue with you on that front but we're talking about a football match between City and Cardiff! This stuff happens in the heat of the battle and silly chants are used towards each other but it means nothing in the great scheme of things.

They were singing anti-English chants and City vice versa..........whats the problem? just get on with it!

The Anti-Welsh and English chants are to be expected. But why bring another race into it? Racism isn't just silly chants IMO.

so its "acceptable" to taunt racially all "foreigners" is it? This along with the virtually English booing of other countries national anthems? and the moaning of foreign players in the game here?

So at City thats Enoch Showumni (Nigerian) McAllister, Murray (Scottish), Vasko (Hungarian) Sproule (N Irish) Riberio (Welsh), Basso (Brazil)

Great, and you wonder why English fans are so loved by everybody else?

I would hope you would condemn the racist chanting against black English players, by East European football fans?

Christ I farking despair with the likes of you, I really do.

Banter my arse. Its football, it happens, get over it. I despair.

Show me where i said its acceptable

there are always a small minority that will sing songs like this and we just have to accept that in football

• Admin
Show me where i said its acceptable Well without even scrolling up to your previous reply you say so in yor next sentance!

there are always a small minority that will sing songs like this and we just have to accept that in football

Why do we have to accept it?

If we have to accept it why do the press/FA etc kick up such a fuss when our black players are subjected to monkey noises in Spain and Eastern Europe? Surely this is just the way in those countries and we should accept that in football?

I'm not taking it to heart, I am merely stating that ANY type of racism be it based on colour of skin or the country you were born in is not on, and for someone to sing they would rather be a p*** than a welsh person is just as bad as far as I am concerned because the very basis of that song is putting down people from Pakistan as well.

And just because the Cardiff fans were doing it, doesnt make it ok for us to join in and be as bad.

I'm not taking it to heart, I am merely stating that ANY type of racism be it based on colour of skin or the country you were born in is not on, and for someone to sing they would rather be a p*** than a welsh person is just as bad as far as I am concerned because the very basis of that song is putting down people from Pakistan as well.

And just because the Cardiff fans were doing it, doesnt make it ok for us to join in and be as bad.

racism is only the colour of your skin (in a loose term), not about what country your from. therefore we would need to know what was said exactly before can call these people racists. Taking the piss outa the welsh is not racism, however if 'id rather be a paki than a taffy' was infact chanted then i agree things like this should not be tolerated. its just shows the stupidity of some of our fellow fans.

Surely because, as I understand it, and have been brought up to understand, that using the P word because it is derrogatory then that makes anyone using that word racist?

yes i agree 100%, but did they actually chant this? because its not been said anywhere in this thread, only been guessed...

Some people on this board are so ###### preachy its unbelievable

So not one of you sang "England" or "Sheep Shaggers" yesterday i bet none of you said anything to anyone around you thought you'd wait till you got home and moan about it on OTIB

What next banning swear words because it might offend some people?

Some people on this board are so ###### ignorant its unbelievable.

Sheepshagger = harmless banter that any welsh person will laugh off.

I'd rather be a paki than a taff = deplorable racism that would offend any asian fan.

It's not ###### complicated, it's a pity there are still so many ignorant bigotted fools that attend football.

Some people on this board are so ###### preachy its unbelievable

So not one of you sang "England" or "Sheep Shaggers" yesterday i bet none of you said anything to anyone around you thought you'd wait till you got home and moan about it on OTIB

What next banning swear words because it might offend some people?

Oh dear. Someone is a little ignorant...

Well I cant believe the stewards didnt hear it unless they wear earplugs throughout the game. So why don't they do anything about it? If they hear any racist chanting shouldnt they take action? Some people are too fearful to challenge someone who says these things so they are just as guilty for ignoring it. Last time I reported someone for racist comments on a player in the Ayteo the stewards sat where he was sat the following home match. Of course he wasnt sat there again. These morons should think before they open their mouths. Of course they wont and will continue to do it again in March when we go to Cardiff.

And will continue to do so!!!!

Football fans will never change, and rightly so.

Its passion, fever, and following the club you love.

I can be as prim and proper as you like running my business, following the City and i turn into a :noexpression:

Just passion, love it, and cant wait for it to happen again and again and again........

Passiona, fever and following your club does not involve racism.

And you know all welsh people will laugh this off?

Yep. The fact that they refer to themselves as sheepshaggers in several of their songs is sort of a giveaway. I've never, ever met a welsh person who would take it as anything other than banter.

Just as ignorant as saying every asian will get offended by the term paki?

I'm certain that any asian fan will get offended by "I'd rather be a paki than a taff".

You calling me ignorant is the very height of irony. Racist chanting is indefensible, it's only ignorant bigots who would try to do so. This isn't over the top PC nonsense or sanitizing football, it was a racist chant that was wrong in the 80s too. Ask your dad.

Heck while were at it, lets just start calling disabled people sp** again as well.

Why do you think that "Scope" changed their name from the one it was before.....because the S word had so many derogatory conortations. The same as the P word is derogatory.

I am still genuinely stunned by some people in this thread.

You calling me ignorant is the very height of irony. Racist chanting is indefensible, it's only ignorant bigots who would try to do so. This isn't over the top PC nonsense or sanitizing football, it was a racist chant that was wrong in the 80s too. Ask your dad.

With an attitude like that, maybe his Dad feels the same as him too? Or is it just cool to think it OK to be racist? What reasons can possibly be given for supporting these kinds of chants?

Archived