IGNORED

Thankyou To The Numskulls In Dolman Block A

Olé

I just said these things happen in football

You're going round in circles now, don't you think that if we had an Asian player in our squad and he heard people chanting that yesterday he might not have been a little bit upset (and quite rightly too) as I have said before, just because it goes on does not make it ok.

FFS When have i been racist?

I just said these things happen in football and i don't kick up a fuss on a football forum when they do.

No you didn't, you said that people complaining about racist chants were being preachy, and likened racism to swearing - trivializing it.

That makes you ignorant at best.

It's not OK, it's not acceptable and it's not right to just ignore it.

and tbh what has my dad got to do with it?

Can ask him if you want but hes 6 feet under

Erm didnt he break his wrist a few weeks ago?

So not only are you condoning racism, but it would appear you are a liar on top of that.

You have to be pretty low to say your Dad is dead, but then that wouldnt surprise me considering some of the comments you have made in this thread.

Isn't Paki just short for Pakistani ?

I think the insult is in the insinuation behind the song not the name.

Maybe you should think how many people in the world sing I would rather be a welshman than an englishman.

The English are not seen as particularly bright around the world after all.

Isn't Paki just short for Pakistani ?

I think the insult is in the insinuation behind the song not the name.

Maybe you should think how many people in the world sing I would rather be a welshman than an englishman.

The English are not seen as particularly bright around the world after all.

I've never heard a Pakistani refer to themselves as a Paki and I am certain Paki is meant as a derogotary term in that chant.

Why so many people are keen to excuse it is beyond me.

I've never heard a Pakistani refer to themselves as a Paki and I am certain Paki is meant as a derogotary term in that chant.

Why so many people are keen to excuse it is beyond me.

Wikipedia (for all its faults) suggests that two people from Pakistan do call each other Paki's and this acceptable. It just isn't acceptbale form other race's.

That is one thing but it is also a derorgatroy word when used by a white person to a person of Pakistani origin.

Not here in Australia it's not

but I do understand that in England it has that connotation

However England is not the world.

I have to wonder what is it about the English that makes them so afraid of different cultures.

This is all getting a bit too deep now though so lets get back to the Welsh.

And I must warn you my surname is Lewis BAAAA

Not here in Australia it's not

but I do understand that in England it has that connotation

However England is not the world.

I have to wonder what is it about the English that makes them so afraid of different cultures.

This is all getting a bit too deep now though so lets get back to the Welsh.

And I must warn you my surname is Lewis BAAAA

The point is that it was used in England where it does have connatations.

It is deep but it has got this far because people are condoning racism!

A quick question to all the posters on there

who found what was said yesturday offensive

Why havent you contacted the mods

to get the tread "These sheep fiddlers" removed?

That could be seen in the eyes of the PC brigade

as just as offensive

My views are that it was just a bit of banter

and that ssome people should lighten up a bit

Paki is just a shortened version of Pakistani - its literal meaning is 'the pure' - so why should anyone be afraid of being called pure? A native from Kazakhstan is a Kazakh, someone from Uzbekistan is an Uzbek; so why is someone from Pakistan not allowed to be called a Paki?

perhaps the song should be changed to "I'd rather be a Kazakh than a taff?"

Paki is just a shortened version of Pakistani - its literal meaning is 'the pure' - so why should anyone be afraid of being called pure? A native from Kazakhstan is a Kazakh, someone from Uzbekistan is an Uzbek; so why is someone from Pakistan not allowed to be called a Paki?

Tell you what, the next 6 ft plus asian bloke you see, call him a Paki and see if he finds it offensive eh?

Well I cant believe the stewards didnt hear it unless they wear earplugs throughout the game. So why don't they do anything about it? If they hear any racist chanting shouldnt they take action? Some people are too fearful to challenge someone who says these things so they are just as guilty for ignoring it. Last time I reported someone for racist comments on a player in the Ayteo the stewards sat where he was sat the following home match. Of course he wasnt sat there again. These morons should think before they open their mouths. Of course they wont and will continue to do it again in March when we go to Cardiff.

Racist chanting needs to be challenged straight after it leaves the gobs of these potato heads. When I was at the Wolves game an ugly, thin, goofy bloke in the row behind & about 10 seats along yelled in the Wolves fans' direction, "Your're just a town of P***s". I "bravely" gave him my "you disgust me look" & then avoided all further eye contact. The steward sat right in front of me & facing the prat went to get up as if to take action, but then changed his mind. We all have a collective responsibility to confront this problem & get it through to these people that racist taunts & chanting is not clever or funny. And yet I know that all over this country people are sending & receiving text jokes that although funny, are still racist & not something you'd repeat aloud in a public place. While double standards exist, so will the problem.

All that apart WE WON 1-0 & WE'RE THIRD IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP. The dream goes on..

It isn't just that anymore.

• Admin

Come on, are you really trying to convince anyone that you are so ignorant that you don't know the meaning of the song to be "I'd rather be <something the singer of the song considers to be derogatory> than a taff"?

That very definition means any word descriptive of someone's race used in this song would be racist.

I've heard it sang using the world "Gashead" before as well. Do you think the singers were claiming it was a good thing to be a Gashead?

Racist chanting needs to be challenged straight after it leaves the gobs of these potato heads. When I was at the Wolves game an ugly, thin, goofy bloke in the row behind & about 10 seats along yelled in the Wolves fans' direction, "Your're just a town of P***s".

Sadly I could hear this chant too so way behind me at this game.

don't play dumb... you know that its different because of the people in our society we live in using it as an abusive term. also the correct term for someone from pakistan is pakistani not paki.

Surely because, as I understand it, and have been brought up to understand, that using the P word because it is derrogatory then that makes anyone using that word racist?

Is "Paki" a derrogatory term and likely to be classed as a racist term? Isn't it an abbreviation of Pakistani? Like a "Scot" or a "Pole". Are Jock or taffy rascist terms? What has the world come to - the horror of it all!

You're going round in circles now, don't you think that if we had an Asian player in our squad and he heard people chanting that yesterday he might not have been a little bit upset

But we don't? And when the Cardiff lot are singing anti-english songs do the English players get upset or is that okay because there in the majority...

I have said before, just because it goes on does not make it ok.

I don't think any one has said it's okay! the point being made is this has been going on for longer than Ive been alive and it will never stop, the minority who partake in these chants are mainly teenagers who sing it for the crack with there mates to wind up the Cardiff lot with out any thought to content of the chant.

I feel you being far to emotive regarding this subject and you need to take a step back and see it for what it is. IMO it's more down to ignorance and lack of thought rather than these individuals being hardcore racists.

I don't think any one has said it's okay!

Actually several posters have.

the point being made is this has been going on for longer than Ive been alive and it will never stop,

Yes it will. Much progress has been made sorting out racism. It's on the decrease and has been for a while.

the minority who partake in these chants are mainly teenagers who sing it for the crack with there mates to wind up the Cardiff lot with out any thought to content of the chant.

I feel you being far to emotive regarding this subject and you need to take a step back and see it for what it is. IMO it's more down to ignorance and lack of thought rather than these individuals being hardcore racists.

I fail to see how anyone can be ignorant of how offensive that chant can be in this day and age - were they feral children raised by wolves or something?

Besides which ignorance is no excuse, and attempting to excuse it is counterproductive to stopping it.

Archived