IGNORED

Thankyou To The Numskulls In Dolman Block A

Olé

Is "Paki" a derrogatory term and likely to be classed as a racist term? Isn't it an abbreviation of Pakistani? Like a "Scot" or a "Pole". Are Jock or taffy rascist terms? What has the world come to - the horror of it all!

yep! just don't call someone from Argentina an Argie either! of a someone from stockholm a swede

i cant understand how grown adults on here don't understand the difference between calling someone a Paki and calling someone a Taff.

calling someone a paki is an insult at someones race made by someone of another.

calling someone a taff is an insult at someones country made by someone of the same race.

what by a "PAKI" are vthey weaker than us?

What?!?

If you call an asian person a paki would you be surprised at them being offended?

I'd suggest noone would, therefore they can hardly claim that that chant isn't offensive with the flimsy excuse that it's an abbreviation.

As a supporter of 30 + years and having stood on the East end I personally think more fuss is made by the do gooders amongst our own supporters than actually by the authorities themselfs ie the police

yep, totally correct!

on the field alot has been done, however off the field and in the stands nothing has changed, it's less than it used to be, however it will never be fully got rid off and never really will.

Possibly,

I suggest you take a walk along the water front, find a nice big asian bouncer, and tell him you'd rather be a paki than a taff. It will be educational.

as long as it wont the shoe of Richard Reid, but then he was of British-Jamaican origin!

Then precisely what the **** does he have to do with it?

i cant understand how grown adults on here don't understand the difference between calling someone a Paki and calling someone a Taff.

calling someone a paki is an insult at someones race made by someone of another.

calling someone a taff is an insult at someones country made by someone of the same race.

it's nothing to do with that? paki is as widely a used term as taff

someone from England calling someone from Wales a taff is very common

much like

someone from india calling someone from pakistan a paki is very common

• Admin

much like

.....and that IS an insult. If you had knowledge of the area you'd realise India and Pakistan have a little bit of "history".

only if I knew they were from Pakistan, if they were from India or Bangladesh then it would be highly offensive.

Every Pakistani I've ever met, and that's hundreds, would find that offensive.

You're either a poorly disguised bigot or just completely ignorant. Either way you're wrong.

Ok thats fine then whos up for a round of "I would rather be a N~~~~R than a Taffy" when we are in wales I bet Elliot etc will love that.

I am in no way a PC Brigade fan I got Warned on one site for using the word "Welsh Scum" even though it was clearly only ment as a Ironic Joke but even I think the most laid back person could see what is wrong with singing the song. Anyway I belive the club banned it.

much like

you just made yourself look very stupid... and just proved me right 100 times over and in the process showed us your IQ is little more than Basso's shirt number

• Admin
Every Pakistani I've ever met, and that's hundreds, would find that offensive.

You're either a poorly disguised bigot or just completely ignorant. Either way you're wrong.

Or a troll who is enjoying every minute of "catching" the rest of us, tissues in hand.

Sorry Arny but I am perfectly able to show my passion for my football club without lowering myself to such chants.

The word p*** is derogatory and is to me as bad as saying the N word or other words relating to race.

Where did i mention race?

I'm not racist in anyway, and never sing/chant racist songs.

Dolly my comment was my passion for the club i love. Surely you will allow me to pass comment after 30 years or so of follwing BCFC?

I just choose to live in the real world nibor and not an ivory tower, It's a sick world and far worse things happened yesterday than a handful of thoughtless teenagers singing a silly chant to wind up Cardiff supporters.

People are far to emotive and touchy when it comes to the subject of race, you need to see yesterday for what it was and not make a mountain out of a mole hill.

I suggest you take a walk along the water front, find a nice big asian bouncer, and tell him you'd rather be a paki than a taff. It will be educational.

Then precisely what the **** does he have to do with it?

Shoeing - shoe bomber, I thought you might have been able to see the hint of humour? Poor attempt really. Don't really know if the bouncers on the waterfront are pakis or not - how do you tell one from an Indian or Bangledeshi. He might laugh if he was in fact an Indian, bad blood between India and Pakistan.

I just choose to live in the real world nibor and not an ivory tower, It's a sick world and far worse things happened yesterday than a handful of thoughtless teenagers singing a silly chant to wind up Cardiff supporters.

People are far to emotive and touchy when it comes to the subject of race, you need to see yesterday for what it was and not make a mountain out of a mole hill.

can you not see that what was chanted was wrong though????????????

I just choose to live in the real world nibor and not an ivory tower,

Funniest thing I've ever seen you post.

Please, explain to me what's not real world about something that happened yesterday?

It's a sick world and far worse things happened yesterday than a handful of thoughtless teenagers singing a silly chant to wind up Cardiff supporters.

Oh that's alright then, we should ignore it because worse things happen.

I'm not emotive or making a mountain out of a molehill. I see it for exactly what it is, unfortunately the ignorant few keep trying to excuse it or trivialize it.

It's unacceptable and it should be dealt with, simple as that.

Shoeing - shoe bomber, I thought you might have been able to see the hint of humour? Poor attempt really.

Sure.

Don't really know if the bouncers on the waterfront are pakis or not - how do you tell one from an Indian or Bangledeshi. He might laugh if he was in fact an Indian, bad blood between India and Pakistan.

I don't think it matters, it will be educational for you either way.

Where did i mention race?

I'm not racist in anyway, and never sing/chant racist songs.

Dolly my comment was my passion for the club i love. Surely you will allow me to pass comment after 30 years or so of follwing BCFC?

Arny I took your comments out of context then mate and I apologise.

Think the whole thread is getting out of hand now fellows.

Tom, do yer stuff and push the button

Do that and I get accused of turning a blind eye and shying away from the issue.

Belive me I've just about had enough of this forum and trying to please everyone.

Last night I went out and enjoyed myself, remembered PMR and came back to world war 3 this morning.

Sometimes its a wonder why we bother..

I think the main problem is that people have strong opinions about whats racist. Some people don't think what they are saying is racist. We as a club and fans can clamp alot of it down but theres always going to be an element of "fans"(term loosely) who will make comments or sing songs in this manner. It will never go away and the topic will arise again and again. Probably why the football league have anti racism days every year in October. This forum is great for topical debate but always ends up when things are being discussed with a few having to get personal or agressive towards each other. Would this happen face to face? I wonder. Still we will end up debating this again in March or when a player or fan is abused because of their colour or even the referee which Ive heard before.

Oh that's alright then, we should ignore it because worse things happen.

I'm not emotive or making a mountain out of a molehill. I see it for exactly what it is, unfortunately the ignorant few keep trying to excuse it or trivialize it.

no one is trying to excuse it or trivialize it, it's just a case that at football ground, this behavour happens now and again, personally speaking the only times I've heard that chant is when we play Bradford or any of the welsh teams,

and I doubt we will hear it again until we play any of those teams again, it's being made out to be an academic, but it's quite honestly one of those things that happen against certain teams, it happened last season against both Swansea and Bradford and will no doubt happen if we play any of them again next season

as arn said though, time to move personally

Archived