IGNORED

The Darts Thread

Big Red Rich

12 minutes ago, Super said:

Just so many stray darts from both players.

It's scrappy, not the best match of the tourney.. Hopefully Anderson will see it home from here 

• Admin
22 hours ago, Robbored said:

He runs a pub somewhere down Rooksbridge way. Must have a dartboard there. 

He's almost a local...

Not for a long time. Steve grubb owned the pub and Gary ran it,  Rachel, Steve's daughter is Gary's partner 

Many of these players play locally still

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not for a long time. Steve grubb owned the pub and Gary ran it,  Rachel, Steve's daughter is Gary's partner 

Many of these players play locally still

Still lives down that way though ?

• Admin
1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Still lives down that way though ?

Still lives in Burnham, what annoys me he plays all year, hardly gets any recognition 

In addition there are a number of top players from pdc who play locally in super league, but get no recognition or coverage 

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just read one of the BDO matches yesterday took someone 26 shots to check out !!!

With BBC losing the rights to this, watch it disappear, the standard is not good enough

Watched last night Hankey got beat by a guy who averaged 76! He averaged 71. Shocking stuff.

I do like the BDO darts in a way. Its old school and Lakeside IS the home of darts. They also do far more for grass root darts than PDO who just nick rising players. Would the averages be so low if only the BDO existed?   It'd be nice to think they could settle their differences and unite but trouble is the majority of BDO players would be left by the side 

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I do like the BDO darts in a way. Its old school and Lakeside IS the home of darts. They also do far more for grass root darts than PDO who just nick rising players. Would the averages be so low if only the BDO existed?   It'd be nice to think they could settle their differences and unite but trouble is the majority of BDO players would be left by the side 

Don't agree, the PDC have Q schools all over the country - investing in up and coming players.

Qualifiers for the UK championships for anyone to enter to start shortly.

Agree the Lakeside is old school, but sadly didn't move with the times - there are better players in the local super leagues that play around the region 

Just looked and the whole prize fund for this years bdo darts championship is £309,000. Gary Anderson won £300,000 himself in pdc final!!

sure bbc getting rid or not renewing bdo darts for next year, I take it bt sports will take it as already showing highlights this year. Maybe they can take it on to a better level.

bdo should also re schedule there world championship as it shows it to be at its worse straight after pdc championship where the darts are at a whole different level! Some bloke in the preliminary round won his game with a 62.5 3 dart average!! Almost won't to get my darts back out!

Is it me or was Phil Taylor's behaviour a bit strange tonight. ?

He was acting like a petulant child and behaved very unprofessionally doing the Iceland chant while MVG was throwing

And the interview after standing in front of MVG while he's being interviewed.

I always liked Taylor but he has lost a bit of my respect tonight with his antics

7 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Is it me or was Phil Taylor's behaviour a bit strange tonight. ?

He was acting like a petulant child and behaved very unprofessionally doing the Iceland chant while MVG was throwing

And the interview after standing in front of MVG while he's being interviewed.

I always liked Taylor but he has lost a bit of my respect tonight with his antics

Acted like a complete knob. Knows his days of dominating the sport are well over.

11 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

If there is drug testing in darts, he better hope he isn't tested tonight...... WTF was he on?   Lost the plot big time.

It was embarrassing. That Icelandic chant is annoying me now.

Taylor has always been a gigantic cock. Not doubting he probably is the greatest of all time but he's always been an arogant cock who thinks he runs the PDC.  Sky don't help themselves by licking his backside most of the time either.

Archived