IGNORED

JOHNSON OUT BANNER

OhhhhhhFAMMYFAMMY

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I really don't have the words, if the Gas were doing this to their Manager we would be ripping the piss out of them for years to come. It's so shockingly childish and crass it's untrue. Absolute pond life who ever is supporting these banners, and to ridicule someone for their height (which you can't actually have any control over) is just beyond pathetic, 

How is a Johnson Out banner different to a Johnson Out post on here?

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

I really don't have the words, if the Gas were doing this to their Manager we would be ripping the piss out of them for years to come. It's so shockingly childish and crass it's untrue. Absolute pond life who ever is supporting these banners, and to ridicule someone for their height (which you can't actually have any control over) is just beyond pathetic, 

Oh behave. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the 'Johnson out' banner. A pretty clear way for the fanbase to get its voice heard. Would you not agree 90% of us want him gone? Fair play to them for putting it up. 

7 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

That's as embarassing as horse punching and a gutless Sunday morning ''Twitter fame'' stunt. If you're going to go to the trouble of making your banner then have some impact. Outside Failand on Monday, Hung high on the outside of the ground on matchday or unfurled in the ground during a game :facepalm:

Or fly a plane, towing a banner.

This looks like the work of not too bright teens.

3 hours ago, RedM said:

+1

3 hours ago, h hills left shoe said:

That's not the point, so it's OK to take the piss out of someone because of their weight and shape but not because of their height..?double standards methinks!

If you can't see the difference between commenting on a managers height vs a professional footballer's weight your opinion is pretty much null and void.  Using the word 'methinks' makes it utterly so.

Why we giving the sags even more stuff to laugh at us about?

A better idea would be to write out a well written, well thought out letter to Mr Lansdown expressing their concerns.

I think a man of his status will be far more inclined to take on board those well thought out concerns rather than some Ill thought out banners.

It's quite frankly made me quite annoyed seeing crap like that at Ashton Gate. 

14 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

Image may contain: outdoor

Oh well done... what a brilliantly considered banner ....

Congratulations to the 'artist' you've made the papers......

You must be so f cu king PROWED OF YOURSELF, ..... I'm sure your friends and family are equally proud too, what fantastic genes you have.... f cu k me, that truly is some shitty DNA you're made of.. :punish:

PS... if indeed YOU are NOT ALREADY A SAG.... 

I suggest  YOU  F CU K  OFF  &  become one!  

40 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Why we giving the sags even more stuff to laugh at us about?

A better idea would be to write out a well written, well thought out letter to Mr Lansdown expressing their concerns.

I think a man of his status will be far more inclined to take on board those well thought out concerns rather than some Ill thought out banners.

It's quite frankly made me quite annoyed seeing crap like that at Ashton Gate. 

We agree on something: I've been quite annoyed by some of the crap I've seen at Ashton Gate too.

I love that Johnson gets dogs abuse on here and nobody (apart from a few) bats an eyelid, however, written on a bed sheet and everyone goes nuclear on morality. 

Yiu could argue that's easier and more likely for people to log on to here than to see a bedsheet on a roundabout near wickes. 

This forum is hilarious!!

ps, I don't need Agee with the midget banner. I'd say crack on with as many Johnson out banners as possible though. 

11 hours ago, NickJ said:

You may have misunderstood what I said, which is that the second banner is wrong wrong wrong as I have already said on an earlier post on this thread.

But I fail to see any logic in criticising the first one, when all it is doing is repeating what is being said on here many hundreds of times.

EDIT: Just noticed the highlighted bit. It is not my banner, imbecile.

I suggest you read the whole sentence - 'it could have been painted by someone' precedes: 'by someone' obviously being the subject referred to iro 'your' rather than yourself. 

Apologies if my suggestion has already been posted (I gave up reading the middle pages) but I think we're missing something.

From the photo it appears that the banner hasn't been completely unfurled.

If the bloke is in fact a local entrepreneur, he might be counting on maximum publicity so he could sell something else. Therefore, I think the full banner reads as follows..

Johnson out.

Midget

MG for sale.

Apply within.

16178647_256614584769342_2438780140275247307_o.jpg

59 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Why are people worried what the gas think . At the moment we're a laughing stock not just in north Bristol. As for the banner nothing wrong with an opinion. But not the insult. It's a shame how it's gone. I still like LJ and hoped he would of succeeded. Like most . But he needs to go . 

I couldn't give a stuff what the gas think.  When they were on the verge of dropping into the conference (a couple of times) they did absolutely nothing.  No protests.  Nothing.  They stood there with their thumbs up their asses and let it happen thinking they were too big to go down.  Never, ever held the club to account.  Jokers.  I'll say this for city fans: we don't put up with shit.  Some may go about displaying there displeasure in the wrong way, but if we feel things are going wrong we stand up.  It's something that should be applauded (as long as its not vicious) in my opinion. 

Just now, cityloyal473 said:

I couldn't give a stuff what the gas think.  When they were on the verge of dropping into the conference (a couple of times) they did absolutely nothing.  No protests.  Nothing.  They stood there with their thumbs up their asses and let it happen thinking they were too big to go down.  Never, ever held the club to account.  Jokers.  I'll say this for city fans: we don't put up with shit.  Some may go about displaying there displeasure in the wrong way, but if we feel things are going wrong we stand up.  It's something that should be applauded (as long as its not vicious) in my opinion. 

They did post DC Out messages all over their training facilities - or is that hypocritically forgotten by them now? I can recall DC in interview saying he had to clear it up himself. 

Just now, 29AR said:

They did post DC Out messages all over their training facilities - or is that hypocritically forgotten by them now? I can recall DC in interview saying he had to clear it up himself. 

Vaguely remember that.  But even then they were targeting the wrong person.  It was years of mismanagement that saw them go down, not Clarke.

9 hours ago, h hills left shoe said:

That's not the point, so it's OK to take the piss out of someone because of their weight and shape but not because of their height..?double standards methinks!

Difference is the word midget is generally used as a pejorative word for a particular type of disability. Which is a bit different to calling someone a bit tubby. 

I'm sure Lee Johnson, who is only two or three inches shorter than average in any case, won't be too troubled by the banner.    He is, as people say, a wealthy football manager who has heard far worse before. My question would be more how it comes across to City fans of short statute or indeed City fans who experience other disabilities and who are used to experiencing verbal abuse around that. Certainly, as a disabled Bristol City fan myself, that banner doesn't make me feel particularly welcome at Ashton Gate.

Archived