IGNORED

Pemberton gone?

Kid in the Riot

4 minutes ago, tomo said:

The Sacking of just an assistant just sums up how bad Mr Lansdowns decision making has become.

The responsibility is always that of the head coach.

Truly embarrasing at the moment.

One of so many authoritative statements made on here without knowing the full facts.  Sadly we will never know what goes on behind the scenes and unless we do everything is speculative.

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Touchy lad.

I've only come on here to congratulate Pembo's work at the club, you can't take that away from him. 

I just didn't agree with you, no need for the insults.

Apologies it was unnecessary, I've edited it out, fair enough.

I like Pembo, he's a very nice bloke, but in reality, there's nothing to suggest he's particularly good or particularly bad, people need to calm down and I don't get the love in.

If we're going to praise him for the double season, then we need to criticise him for this season too. And based on that, he can have no arguments about what's happened. Only thing is others should have gone too.

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

This reaction is insane.

We are crap at the moment. The two with the most influence, are the manager, and the assistant manager. Why the **** is Pembo getting such a love-in and LJ hated? Bearing in mind that not one of us have the slightest clue what it's like behind closed doors, and none of us have any idea as to his competency as a coach.

Thoroughly nice bloke mind, just making a point. It seems dance and look passionate on the sidelines and that's enough for City fans to make an accurate judgment as to your coaching abilities. Absolute nonsense.

We're crap, and he has to face the criticism just like LJ does. Football fans are simple at times...

OK!  But you must admit,  it seems strange to part with the monkey,  when the organ grinder is still turning the handle!

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Look at the success we had with Pembo here with Cotts. Now look what's happened since LJ took over. 

Absolute joke and if Millen comes anywhere near a coaching role, that's me done for the rest of the season. 

He did a very respectable job at Palace. 

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I like Pembo, he's a very nice bloke, but in reality, there's nothing to suggest he's particularly good or particularly bad, people need to calm down and I don't get the love in.

If we're going to praise him for the double season, then we need to criticise him for this season too. And based on that, he can have no arguments about what's happened. Only thing is others should have gone too.

Apology accepted fella. I understand your frustration, it's been an awful season.

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Hahahahahaha please tell me this is a wind up 

Nope, our defensive has been very poor in the Championship. Pembo is a defensive coach.

If you want to compare success under Pembo in League One then you should compare success under Millen in the Championship. 

If Steve Lansdown does bring in Millen to work with LJ then that's us stuck with him for the foreseeable future.

He's not going to bring in a new assistant to help the head coach then sack said head coach after a game or two.

Looks like we're heading into League One with the vertically challenged one then!

15 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

My thoughts on it exactly. Baffled as to why he's been sacrificed seemingly to pacify fans baying for blood, if that is the reason. It wouldn't take much to realise it would be a PR disaster if it was an attempt at appeasing supporters.

In my view, all three should go as we need a fresh set of eyes and new ideas. To get rid of one is plain strange - unless there's a reason we don't know about (Tomlin rumour) that's forced the sacking.

26 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Look at the success we had with Pembo here with Cotts. Now look what's happened since LJ took over. 

Absolute joke and if Millen comes anywhere near a coaching role, that's me done for the rest of the season. 

Yes we did have success but like LJ those 2 were taking us down last season. As for Millen a very good number 2.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

My thoughts on it exactly. Baffled as to why he's been sacrificed, if that is the reason. It wouldn't take much to realise it would be a PR disaster if it was an attempt at appeasing the fans.

In my view, all three should go as we need a fresh set of eyes and new ideas. To get rid of one is plain strange - unless there's a reason we don't know about (Tomlin rumour) that's forced the sacking.

Agreed, All or none. They are a coaching team and have all failed.

Why do I get the feeling that Millen is coming in for the last few games then gets the managers job at the start of the next season...with LJ to move upstairs and take Mark Ashton's job or something!!!

#ThisIsNotJustBonkersThisIsBristolCityBonkers

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

My thoughts on it exactly. Baffled as to why he's been sacrificed, if that is the reason. It wouldn't take much to realise it would be a PR disaster if it was an attempt at appeasing the fans.

I really don't think there's anything more to it. It's just that Pemberton's face does not fit under the Johnson regime.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I really don't think there's anything more to it. It's just that Pemberton's face does not fit under the Johnson regime.

In that case it's all the more bizarre. Why now? Johnson has had over a year to get rid of him. Why when opinion on Johnson has never been lower does he self inflict more bad feeling by sacking someone the fans like?

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

Why do I get the feeling that Millen is coming in for the last few games then gets the managers job at the start of the next season...with LJ to move upstairs and take Mark Ashton's job or something!!!

#ThisIsNotJustBonkersThisIsBristolCityBonkers

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if LJ is kept on in a role a bit like Tinnions but possibly more hands on with coaching with the academy.

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It's strange that Stockhausen or Durden haven't commented on this rumour .

True and it's very telling. Stockhausen helped add fuel to a false rumour that Tommy Wright was replacing Pemberton back in the summer.. Pemberton actually commented on that on Twitter at the time.

Don't suppose this could be quietly 'clearing the decks' before a 'big announcement' of a new top man coming in complete with all the back room staff of his choosing... ?

Anyone coming in now would need to hit the ground running - if he's gonna save this season...  wouldn't have much time to sort out 'sitting tenants' good or bad ... so better to be moving into an empty house with all his 'own furnishings' lock stock and barrel would be a good starting point ... a manager with his own left and right hand men ready to concentrate on sorting out the stock and stock room (squad and dressing room) quickly re merchandising everything and get the key things in order... and ready to go..

Maybe a 'complete' management team' are already in the wings ready to be announced and moved in?

There would only be one 'club announcement' then along the lines of ..

"Head coach leaving with immediate effect, joining assistant coaches and backroom staff who have already left club in recent days...we welcome  new manager (insert name) and Co ..  who we're delighted to announce have joined us, and are in place and raring to get started as of now!'' 

(followed by the usual 'thanks for everything, we wish them all the best for futures etc ' for the outgoing regime)

Are we quietly 'clearing the decks' perhaps? ... ahead of a 'biggie' ?

Archived