IGNORED

Pemberton gone?

Kid in the Riot

30 minutes ago, Olé said:

He's just deleted his tweet. Probably the club's spin department has rolled into action and demanded to put the story out first.

Hmm. ..yeah they've kinda missed the boat on that one!

25 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

I wonder if the club was trying to hold off on the announcement until after the game tonight.

If we lose (or even don't win) then the pressure to sack Johnson will be immense. Sacking Pembo today and Johnson tomorrow would be a little weird, whereas if we won, sacking Pembo alone tomorrow would be satisfactory for some if not all.

It may or may not be the right decision but I don't think Johnson has enough time left for the results of it to become clear.

How could the club hold off on an announcement about Pembo when it would be clear for all to see that he wasn't in the dugout tonight? They have to announce it before tonight's game to avoid looking even more amateurish than they already do.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

How could the club hold off on an announcement about Pembo when it would be clear for all to see that he wasn't in the dugout tonight? They have to announce it before tonight's game to avoid looking even more amateurish than they already do.

They've gone seriously far enough by half.....

This reaction is insane.

We are crap at the moment. The two with the most influence, are the manager, and the assistant manager. Why the **** is Pembo getting such a love-in and LJ hated? Bearing in mind that not one of us have the slightest clue what it's like behind closed doors, and none of us have any idea as to his competency as a coach.

Thoroughly nice bloke mind, just making a point. It seems dance and look passionate on the sidelines and that's enough for City fans to make an accurate judgment as to your coaching abilities. Absolute nonsense.

We're crap, and he has to face the criticism just like LJ does. Football fans are simple at times...

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

'In tonight's episode the role of John Pemberton will be played by Keith Millen.'

2 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

This reaction is insane.

We are crap at the moment. The two with the most influence, are the manager, and the assistant manager. Why the **** is Pembo getting such a love-in and LJ hated? Bearing in mind that not one of us have the slightest clue what it's like behind closed doors, and none of us have any idea as to his competency as a coach.

Thoroughly nice bloke mind, just making a point. It seems dance and look passionate on the sidelines and that's enough for City fans to make an accurate judgment as to your coaching abilities. Absolute nonsense.

We're crap, and he has to face the criticism just like LJ does. Football fans are simple at times...

Yes he plays a part- but who is to say Johnson listens to him, takes anything on board?

When he got the gig temporarily last season, he rallied us, he shored us up- saw a vast improvement v Boro especially, Birmingham was also good spirit and a vital win at Chartlon.

He basically kept our survival hopes alive last season and his salvage job gave LJ something to work with.

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

This reaction is insane.

Nobody is saying Pembo is exempt from criticism.

The argument here is why Pembo and not Lee.

Don't be so simple

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

What does it say as your abilities as a coach if you say...

Yeh, I'm head coach, but we're shit because of my assistant. So in essence you're admitting that you're either shit or incompetent.

What a ******* circus!

If Pembo's coaching abilities were in doubt then they should have shipped him out a couple of months ago. This looks less like a man calmly rectifying a problem and more like a condemned man pulling his mate between him and the firing squad.

Doesn't mean Pembo shouldn't go, but the timing reflects badly on Johnson.

22 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Interesting point. And I bet you a million quid that the detail you desire is not given!

Blah blah blah thank you Pembo, wish you the best for the future, blah blah blah. 

Yeah, you're right.  But that scenario (the club not providing any reasoning) only reflects badly on them, even if they have a solid cause to let him go.

21 minutes ago, Super said:

Millen is a very good number 2 wouldn't have a problem with him coming here with a new manager.

Agreed.

I'm not anti-Millen by any stretch, but would be disappointed if he came in just to prop up what is a failing coaching set up.

And see no logic in it from LJ's perspective either; if we suddenly improve, it'll look like Millen was the catalyst, which undermines the coaching staff who were already here.

5 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

This reaction is insane.

I agree to a certain extent.  He's been absolved - perhaps wrongly - of a lot of the blame for what's been going on; he is the defensive coach and our defending has been shambolic.  However, I'm of the opinion if one goes they all go.

1 minute ago, cityloyal473 said:

I agree to a certain extent.  He's been absolved - perhaps wrongly - of a lot of the blame for what's been going on; he is the defensive coach and our defending has been shambolic.  However, I'm of the opinion if one goes they all go.

Your just teasing me now..naughty.

Just for some context for fans criticising Pembo for the defence situation.

We have had a solid defence when he was in charge and the latter end of last season and the first quarter of this season before Holden came in.

Oh, and it's not helped by whoever does the tactics, you know, the lack of closing down and winning the ball back in midfield? ...Amazing that it almost sounds like LJ as a player, who I have never slagged off in such stated profession. Who'd of thought...

:yawn:

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes he plays a part- but who is to say Johnson listens to him, takes anything on board?

When he got the gig temporarily last season, he rallied us, he shored us up- saw a vast improvement v Boro especially, Birmingham was also good spirit and a vital win at Chartlon.

He basically kept our survival hopes alive last season and his salvage job gave LJ something to work with.

Everyone says this and it's rose-tinted specs time. He managed 4 games between SC's sacking and LJ's appointment. He got a 1-0 win, a draw and 2 losses (admittedly one in the FA Cup against West Brom to be fair). Hardly saviour material.

6 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Nobody is saying Pembo is exempt from criticism.

The argument here is why Pembo and not Lee.

Don't be so simple

Au contraire 

For all the rights and wrongs, the communications that come out of BCFC (unless they want your money or are selling you Bull Shit) is very poor. Pembo has basically said his good byes on twitter, yet there has been no club announcement and it was plainly brewing yesterday. Can a professional football club really behave in this way. There is a way to treat people and this is just very bad, once again from the PR machine that is Bristol City.  Thank you Pembo for your passion and for your commitment. Fulham away last season and your reaction to the fans will forever linger on in my memory.....

17 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

This reaction is insane.

Spot on!

The hysteria at times on here is embarrassing.

Archived