IGNORED

Pemberton gone?

Kid in the Riot

2 minutes ago, 42nite said:

So...........

Pemberton's still here?

It appears nobody knows.  Someone heard he'd gone yesterday and reported it on here.  The club haven't commented.  Pemberton appears to have let the cat out of the bag - but quickly put It back in.  Shambles.

My guess: he's gone and the club/LJ/MA/AB are running round in absolute circles, tying themselves up in knots, trying to paint this whole fiasco in a positive light.   People at the club read this forum - they know the rumors going round - they can either quash it dead or let it rumble - rumble appears to be the modus operandi for today.

I have a feeling this is only the start of a chain of events (based on a wild guess only) that will leave people scratching their heads in utter bemusement. Even more so than they are currently.

Hey, but anything to distract from the shambles on the pitch, right!?

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if LJ is kept on in a role a bit like Tinnions but possibly more hands on with coaching with the academy.

It would surprise me. I think LJ would want another league managerial job, albeit in league one or two.

43 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Do managers completely rely on defensive coaches to get the team to defend properly? Do these defensive coaches coach our attacking players how to defend? I'm confused how pembo can be blamed for our defending. If someone like warnock came in then he'd tell pembo exactly what we are doing and we'd stop conceding so many. Its all down to the manager. I believe Johnson doesn't know about the defensive part of the game, which makes him a useless manager. It seems like this is a desperate attempt to shift the blame onto someone else. And quite incredibly some people are falling for it. 

They might rely on the coaching staff to communicate their ideas to the players.

If we make the following assumptions:

1. The players are, in general, good enough for this level
  2. Lee Johnson understands the theory behind his tactics and can demonstrate this via Powerpoint

Then the problem is likely to be one of the players being either unable or unwilling to implement his instructions.

Some managers are able to get their message across themselves. Others may be more reliant on their coaches to give instruction and motivate the players. If Johnson is in the latter camp then he could still succeed but would need someone good to do this job for him. Pemberton may have been failing at this part of his job.

If my speculation is accurate then it's the right decision. However it is still poor timing and should have been done months ago if it was the case.

3 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Why have the club said nothing. Confirm it or deny the rumours not difficult. Unless something else is brewing.

Lansdown selling up and sailing off into rich man peace and tranquillity...  Mystery Far Eastern conglomerate expected to be winning bidder....

EBay now... four days remaining auction (or buy it now)

1 hour ago, dave36 said:

Fall guy for LJ, sour memory of who actually saved city after cotts was sacked, but then LJ became part of the team, eventually letting the "team" know that he was boss - tinkerman was born and we are going down!

I think what you highlight is the pernicious thing in this sacking if it has happened. Lansdown isn't fooling anybody with this. He's losing fans in so many ways now. Terrible times for City.

9 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

In 'My Opinion' ways were parted yesterday morning.... announcement being held back until after the game today as they don't want to detract from the game tonight... 

Surely even those who weren't already aware of this would notice when he wasn't in the dugout?

But then, this is City we're talking about.

12 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

In 'My Opinion' ways were parted yesterday morning.... announcement being held back until after the game today as they don't want to detract from the game tonight... 

Thanks for sharing mate. Do you know the reason why he has gone and nobody else in the coaching team?

At this moment in time I hate my club

I mentioned on another post at the club is BIGGER than anyone person.  The sooner that the powers wake up to that the better.

If anything I would place LJ on gardening leave and put Pembo in charge.. But then I'm only a fan and clearly they don't give a shit about us.

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

@TETBURY MASSIVE

This lot really are unbelievably stupid or naive when it comes to club announcements in this day and age

or....

Leaks are purposeful from some at the top table who disagree with the current situation.

Either way it's a shambles.

How they thought they could keep this quiet until after tonight's game I've no idea. Naive in the extreme.

As for the second bit my source is not connected with the football club. And if Adam B or the Lansdowns are reading - it didn't come from Pembo either!

6 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Thanks for sharing mate. Do you know the reason why he has gone and nobody else in the coaching team?

Pemberton was given the boot yesterday morning. 

Archived