IGNORED

Obscure City Players

Sargent Pepper

Having seen Jehad Muntasser and (to a lesser extent) Paul Wimbleton mentioned on other threads i wondered if people have any recollections of other obscure players to have been at the club for a short time?

Other than those mentioned i few immediately jump to mind to get us started. Namely,

Mark Flatts - I think he was on loan from Arsenal?

Tomas Hushbecks - A big german centre half around the Jimmy Lumsden era i think. Dont even think he played for the 1st team.

I also remember some Polish midfielder during Jacki's stay. Goran something i think??? Maybe he was on trial. I remember the HTV report of him and Jacki chatting in polish and then it cutting to Lumsden who's scottish was amusingly subtitled.

Anyone remember any of the above or have your own obscure players that spring to mind?

How about Dani Rodrigues

He had a terrible injury when playing for City. A broken leg / ankle where the bone did a 90 degree turn at the break point. Never the same player afterwards

Sargent Cider'red
  • photo-thumb-4040.jpg?_r=1354046899
  • Members
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 40 minutes ago

Having seen Jehad Muntasser and (to a lesser extent) Paul Wimbleton mentioned on other threads i wondered if people have any recollections of other obscure players to have been at the club for a short time?

Other than those mentioned i few immediately jump to mind to get us started. Namely,

Mark Flatts - I think he was on loan from Arsenal?

Tomas Hushbecks - A big german centre half around the Jimmy Lumsden era i think. Dont even think he played for the 1st team.

I also remember some Polish midfielder during Jacki's stay. Goran something i think??? Maybe he was on trial. I remember the HTV report of him and Jacki chatting in polish and then it cutting to Lumsden who's scottish was amusingly subtitled.

Anyone remember any of the above or have your own obscure players that spring to mind?

the polish midfielder was janusz gora and the german guy we had was only on trial i believe

Archived