IGNORED

Obscure City Players

Sargent Pepper

Adam Federici and Wayne Hennessy were keepers who if I recall correctly occupied the bench for a few games.

On the goalkeeping theme John Ruddy....whatever happened to him??!!

Ben Foster as well.

Steve Phillips must have been good!

Hardly obscure, Ken played a few hundred games in the 60s and 70s. Very under-rated, great passer.

Ken Wimshurst went on to be Alan Dick's assistant when he stopped playing. He actually managed the club for the game after Dicks was sacked, away to QPR - we lost 4-0 (I went unfortunately)

totally disagree

You must be thinking of someone else. The Gary Marshall I am thinking about was a winger. Never amounted to anything as a player, and I often felt I could have taken his place. In fact most people could have taken his place and produced more.

He reminded me of a wet weekend in June.

Awful

My memory could be playing tricks but do I recall John Palmer making a subs appearance at Torquay which lasted about 10 seconds?...did he ever play for us again?

And as for the Kelly brothers, I recall dancing around our living room when it was reported that Nyrere had netted the third away at Hereford just after Christmas in '82. That was a bit of a turning point for us...

Remember him coming on as sub at Swindon, think we signed him from Weston , not the best even in League 4!

Archived