IGNORED

Obscure City Players

Sargent Pepper

Take your point but he only played 12 games for us. Anyway in his place how about Les Carter?

Les Carter was a non scoring forward we had on loan from Palace after we went bust in '82, pretty sure the league made us send him back along with Aiden McCaffery of the gas.

My favourite obscure player is Simon Panes, he was working with my old man in '82 whilst playing for Patchway Town, he took a month's holiday to play 4 games for us, we then decided not to keep him, so he went back to work and carried on playing for Patchway Town, that's how desperate we were then...

We also had Joe Durrell back in the 1970s, a neat winger we got from West Ham and I think he went back to a London club after about 18 months (Leyton Orient maybe). He had the unenviable record of never having scored a goal and nailed a belter against Cardiff one Boxing Day only for it to be ruled out for offside.

Trouble is I can't remember what i did yesterday!

I'm too young to remember those days (probably because I wasn't around then)

Look at all these players we've signed for them to be utter tripe, Somethings just don't change!

We also had Joe Durrell back in the 1970s, a neat winger we got from West Ham and I think he went back to a London club after about 18 months (Leyton Orient maybe). He had the unenviable record of never having scored a goal and nailed a belter against Cardiff one Boxing Day only for it to be ruled out for offside.

I remember him, was a decent player - bearded? I think (obviously don't remember him that well!)

I remember him, was a decent player - bearded? I think (obviously don't remember him that well!)

Well, tomorrow you posted this if it helps :)

Didn't he get all of them against one club (possibly Peterborough?) in 2 games?

I seem to remember hearing his name being announced over the PA System at AG as Lee-Ah-Me Robinson (as opposed to Lee-um). Can't remember which match it was though.

Not sure what the PA guys mental block was in regards to the name Liam.

City's Worsed 11

Kevin Betsy

David Clarkson

Steve Jones ( where did you get that tan!) classic

Martin Kuhl

Scott McGarvey

Jody Morris

Russell Osman (only city player i have seen get booed at the gate after scoring) my mate refused to watch us while he was manager

Bas Savage ( one the funniest moments at the gate when he was clean through and just collapsed before pulling the trigger)

Gary Stanley

Richard Foster

Stephen Pearson

Sorry mate , but no worst City XI is complete without Marvin Harriott.

Didn't he (Liam Robinson) get all of them against one club (possibly Peterborough?) in 2 games?

Two goals at the beginning of the season and two goals at the end with absolutely nothing in between

Plenty of 'non-obscurities' mentioned in this thread so forgive me for putting forward the name of our very own SuperStar (erm :rolleyes: )

The shy retiring epitomy of modesty that was ..... Kevin Mabbutt. (who believed the hype?)

Never did quite live up to his own publicity, sadly the Gas got the better deal with his brother Gary ,Spurs, England etc, Kev always in his brothers shadow... Gary did his talking on the pitch ... Kev? .. well, Kev did it his way!

I guess he was decent enough - but never ever as good as he thought he was, Bristols answer to George Best or something.

(Anyone still got pics of his flashy red sponsored car with his name all over it? jeez what was he thinking?? :) )

Credit where its due though.. he did score a rare hat-trick against Man U at their place once, :)

Done ok for himself since though, restaurant in LA, anyone ate there?

Sebok and Testimtanu and Soren Anderson under big Benny

FFS they are not "obscure", Sebok was a Hungarian international who played a bunch of games, classy centre back, Anderson (Andersen?) was a pig-ugly Danish striker who was probably brilliant but never really got a chance.

And Ivan No-way-am-I-spelling-his-surname was total legend in his day, a real midfield dynamo, a total engine, with a shot like an Exocet. Top bloke as well, real never say die attitude, only a really bad injury stopped him moving on to greater things.

I've just come across the site below. It's a wonderful walk down memory lane of players you've forgotten or those you wish you'd forgotten.

One name on the list that I'd forgotten about was Steve Johnson, a centre forward who played for City in the 80s. He looked great when he came but didn't really deliver.

http://www.neilbrown.newcastlefans.com/bristolcity/bristolcity.htm

Well that is 3 different spellings for the same bloke.

Better let Ole decide!

Luís Carlos Lourenço da Silva :)

I had Albano Correia / 26 on the back of my shirt the season he scored the winner in the final home friendly against Premier League Southampton. He never played again (but he was still our very own Carlos Wanchope - leggy and unpredictable)

Loved Dani Rodrigues... was only here a short time, but was full of talent. He's had some terrible injuries...Two ankle breaks and a cruciate ligament tear...but obviously loves football and was still playing pro football last year.

SOD had him at Bournemouth for two seasons.

Would love us to find another talent like that from abroad.

Bo Anderson. Sold to us as the next Schmeichel, sat on a bench for months.

Pinnamonte was a great shout from earlier in the thread.

Had Osei Sankofa visit the school that I work in a couple of years ago, along with Luther Blisset. Had very bad words for Keith Millen, who was coming to the end of his time with us, he couldn't believe that he had made it to be a manager.

Does Yannick Bolasie count?!

Archived