IGNORED

Obscure City Players

Sargent Pepper

Dean Horrix, the guy who had the car crash? Poor fella

Aye, in no way am I saying this to be horrible, but because of his Death we got a fantastic player in Nicky Morgan.

RIP Dean, we never really got to see what kind of player you were.

ken whimshurst,who scored a 20 yarder in the first game of the season,in a 4.3 win over sunderland in 74!

slart will put me right!

Hardly obscure, Ken played a few hundred games in the 60s and 70s. Very under-rated, great passer.

Hardly obscure, Ken played a few hundred games in the 60s and 70s. Very under-rated, great passer.

In deed, even has a page for himself in the Bristol City greats book :) far from obscure

If you go back to the 60s there are quite a few – e.g. John Emanuel – a Welch midfielder and Derrick Lythgoe – an “inside forward” (remember them?) who came from Norwich.

Don't think John was too obscure either, got a handful of caps for Wales and scored the winner vs ManUre in 74-75, could tackle a bus.

Goalkeeper Mike Hooper was here for a while back in the 80's, only ever played 1 game (maybe against R*vers???)

Nobody thought he was any good but he went on to play over 100 games for Liverpool, Newcastle and Wrexham

I can't have that, he even had his own song (sort of) Emanual.. immaculate and just repeat. Not much of a song but a song. Played about 100 games too.

Jon Economou, Steve Johnson, Steve Jones. I seemed to remember a few strikers on loan that never scored until they left us !

Economou was not obscure !

Goalkeeper Mike Hooper was here for a while back in the 80's, only ever played 1 game (maybe against R*vers???)

Nobody thought he was any good but he went on to play over 100 games for Liverpool, Newcastle and Wrexham

Serious character defects, he went out with my sister in about 1980!

Agreed. An ever present for a bit. Scored one sublime goal v Hartlepool (?) after a mazy run. One of those forced in to the team perhaps before their time...good player.

Yes, 2nd goal in a 2-0 win.

A guy called Bryant, lanky centre back, two games, scored on debut, not good. And no, not Matty. Was it Simon?

Paul Fitzpatrick, lanky midfielder.

Peter Devine, Ray Gooding, Aiden McCafferty, Les Carthorse.. I mean Carter... All gems on our way down. Billy Down, one game at Doncaster

A guy called Bryant, lanky centre back, two games, scored on debut, not good. And no, not Matty. Was it Simon?

Paul Fitzpatrick, lanky midfielder.

Peter Devine, Ray Gooding, Aiden McCafferty, Les Carthorse.. I mean Carter... All gems on our way down. Billy Down, one game at Doncaster

Simon was his brother, player for Rovers in midfield

Paul France, he was a lanky shite centre back

Archived