IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

2 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

ok it's slow listen to some music (your choice) then look later?

My pick archie bell.

Any ideal now????

If you don't know what i'm on about no probs, i'v no clue about most things.

Please except my apologies, I am normally more receptive to random rantings, but you my freind, have out madded me....tunes it is....can't handle another hour on here, all take care, what will be will be, 

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If there is no last minute signing or two this is yet a further disaster

How can we fans take anything the club says seriously anymore

I have been thinking and saying for months that SL is happy with cheap third division football

No manager

No striker or two

No addition to midfield

No preparation for league 1 

i continue to to worry about staying up next season in division one.  This season is all but lost

If nothing transpires in last hour then I for one think we desperately need new blood in boardroom as well as on the pitch

Can imagine club's response - :

1. Difficult in January to get the players we were after

2. Players were asking for too much money

3. Agents were asking for too much money

4. The interim head coach is happy to go with the squad he's got

etc, etc, etc

F..k me I have never said this before on a forum but GET A F...IN GRIP

No prep for league 1 ? What I count myself as doom and gloom but this takes it to a new level .

Well since January started we have added two players permanently and 3 on loan that makes this squad much more competitive. Of course we would really liked some more striking options, but if the club had paid silly money for players they would have had just as much criticism as they are for not signing any. It's a good window, just not the final day signing we all hoped for.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Well since January started we have added two players permanently and 3 on loan that makes this squad much more competitive. Of course we would really liked some more striking options, but if the club had paid silly money for players they would have had just as much criticism as they are for not signing any. It's a good window, just not the final day signing we all hoped for.

3 permanently, actually. 

Garita, Golbourne & O'Donnell.

4 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

F..k me I have never said this before on a forum but GET A F...IN GRIP

No prep for league 1 ? What I count myself as doom and gloom but this takes it to a new level .

He's the most negative person on the forum, that's pretty much in line with his entire posting history.

11 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I have been thinking and saying for months that SL is happy with cheap third division football

No manager

No striker or two

No addition to midfield

i continue to to worry about staying up next season in division one.  This season is all but lost

If nothing transpires in last hour then I for one think we desperately need new blood in boardroom as well as on the pitch

etc, etc, etc

You do know we're not allowed to kidnap them, yes? They have to want to come to a provincial club that's in a relegation battle.

Dack / Gillingham for example were unlikely to say yes to any "reasonable" offer.

6 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Correct. Shite ones!

Is that the Charlton who scored 4 goals away at Rotherham on Saturday, a place where we got a right hiding and scored a consistent nil? Is that not a goals 'for' that it has taken us nearly 2 months to amass in the league?

I think our need is greater than theirs at the moment, certainly in the goal scoring department. 

8 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

No manager

No striker or two

No addition to midfield

etc, etc, etc

You honestly think that Pemberton, Ashton, Elliott etc have chose not to get some players in today, I bet the poor bastards have been up since dawn and have had the phone jammed to their ears since then trying to make some deals happen. What can they do more than offer football, a wage and a dream to players, do you honestly think they will be jumping through hoops to join a club 3rd from bottom. I imagine the club have probably done over and above what they could to get a few more in, if they dont want to come, or the clubs dont wish to sell or loan then that's life.

We've brought in some good options this month already, if it means we have to look to loans for a striker because the player doesn't want to risk a relegation then so be it. Honestly, what happens to peoples brains during the transfer window, it's been ramped up to be some kind of circus show courtesy of SkySports.

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Please explain how Sanogo is crap?

Well he's more raw than Kodjia for starters.

He's not crap, clearly, but I wouldn't agree that he would improve our starting eleven by any means. Nor do I feel we've missed out there. 

Yes it is a bit hollow, but if it came down to gambling on him or having a loan space in the back pocket it is without hesitation the extra space for me. 

Archived