IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

9 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

The silence is deafening. 

But their true colours have been shown and we mustn't just accept it an move on if they do U-turn. Every decision they now make should be scrutinised fully. 

Exactly.  Their true interest is the Prem and Corporate hospitality.  Not "The Club and the fans" come what may.

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

BS is not a charity, the numbers have been crunched and this is the outcome. 

That's to suggest there is only one outcome from number crunching.  There were surely many ways to increase revenue without 50%, 100% and 550% rises for some.

Just had an update from the Football Supporters Federation. 

They understand that the SC&T will be meeting Bristol City to discuss this early next week. 

Can someon from the SC&T conform this please?

They have also stated that he FSF will be taking this to the EFL. 

We need to keep the pressure up on social media and try and get more national newspapers to start running with it if we want any hope of a U turn. 

4 minutes ago, Stortz said:

If someone (no doubt hansomely remunerated) at OUR club thinks it's ok to raise the prices of the season tickets of some disabled kids by 570% I would be absolutely delighted if they ****** off, yes.

I don't want anyone to lose their job over this, but it does suggest we probably don't want people like this around the club for too long.

2 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

They understand that the SC&T will be meeting Bristol City to discuss this early next week. 

We need to keep the pressure up on social media and try and get more national newspapers to start running with it if we want any hope of a U turn. 

EARLY NEXT WEEK? Clearly not taking it at all seriously then. NOBODY should renew until the outcome is known.

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Can't renew until then anyway can we?

I thought it was from Monday?

Either way, cheaper ticket for me or not, solidarity at this time. No renewal and I will gladly let 19 March pass. Too far.

With approx 16000 existing season ticket holders there are not likely to be many NEW purchases immediately they go on sale.

As existing holders have until monday 19th March to re-claim their seat if no one actually buys for the first 10 days it may prompt

a reaction from the club. No one has to worry about losing their existing seat because they are reserved until the 19th.

7 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

The FSF are a good bunch.  I'm distantly related to their Chair (my wife's cousin's wife's dad no less!), Malcolm Clarke, I've met him a few times and he's a thoroughly decent chap who loves and understands the game from the supporter's perspective.

Even if you think it represents good value for money and that we're all kicking up a fuss over nothing, I implore everyone to wait before they renew their seat. You don't need to rush and we might get a solution that works for all parties yet. DO NOT RENEW ON MONDAY, lest ye be fingered a scab.

3 hours ago, CodeRed said:

yes, the concession for disabled fans has been withdrawn .

The concession price was the same as over 65, so the price is up a 100 or so - then add the up to 18% increase on top. For someone managing on disability benefit that's a cruel increase. Shameful action by the club.

I was informed by the club that this is European legislation....is that true?

3 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'd missed that.

My son is disabled and has always paid the corresponding child rate so wasn't aware of the adult concession.

That's really disappointing to hear.

See above....I’m in same situation as you.

1 hour ago, GrenadaRed said:

Anyone had responses from any messages they have sent to officials about this?  

I have had a response from Matt Parsons and the FSF, but nothing from my mail to Mark Ashton.  Anyone heard from anyone at the club, especially Mr Ashton, Jon Lansdown, Adam Baker, etc?  

570% increase for my sons seat, I still can't believe it!

I had a phone all from Gareth Torpy (DSLO) yesterday.  He called me.  I’ve no idea whether he did that off his own back (he’s a top bloke), whether he had a list of known customers (fans?) impacted in the disabled areas, whether he saw my tweets or something else, but at least he explained the options to me.  , 

27 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Anyone paying £335 for a kid's ticket that used to be £50 would be mad to do otherwise.

Carrying in from above, Gareth explained that my options are pay £255 for Joe to stay where we are, or move elsewhere.  He did it  in a much nicer way than that, but he also mentioned that they had been given no information why, and bearing in mind Gareth looks after the telephone team, you’d think they might’ve prepared scripts to deal with this...therefore I believe that this came as news inside of BS too.

I can afford £255, but am I gonna pay it?  No.  I will move elsewhere more than likely.

If they make similar moves with the basketball, then I may have to give the whole thing a re-think. We have a prime courtside position at The WISE, because that’s the only wheelchair viewing area.  To make us pay courtside prices because there are no other options would be just as bad as the football decision.

4 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Monday 10 a.m. All such sales by the club should suspended until consultation has taken place.

Agreed. If they go on sale on Monday I'd say the chances of the club changing pricing are slim to none. It would take cancelling those, issuing refunds, reissuing new pricing etc.

If the club don't suspend it you can tell they don't care about opinions.

The SC&T should make it a condition of the meeting and consultation that the club suspends the sales period until afterwards. If they don't I wouldn't open dialogue with the club, I'd protest.

"Season cards will go on sale from Monday, March 5th at 10am, with existing seats reserved until Monday, March 19th at 9.30am."

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Even if you think it represents good value for money and that we're all kicking up a fuss over nothing, I implore everyone to wait before they renew their seat. You don't need to rush and we might get a solution that works for all parties yet. DO NOT RENEW ON MONDAY, lest ye be fingered a scab.

No need for anybody to renew on the first day. Wait. Nobody will lose their seat next week. 

1 minute ago, Red Grovesy said:

"Season cards will go on sale from Monday, March 5th at 10am, with existing seats reserved until Monday, March 19th at 9.30am."

No need for anybody to renew on the first day. Wait. Nobody will lose their seat next week. 

Will be waiting to see what happens.....will be leaving it as last as possible.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Carrying in from above, Gareth explained that my options are pay £255 for Joe to stay where we are, or move elsewhere.  He did it  in a much nicer way than that, but he also mentioned that they had been given no information why, and bearing in mind Gareth looks after the telephone team, you’d think they might’ve prepared scripts to deal with this...therefore I believe that this came as news inside of BS too.

I can afford £255, but am I gonna pay it?  No.  I will move elsewhere more than likely.

If they make similar moves with the basketball, then I may have to give the whole thing a re-think. We have a prime courtside position at The WISE, because that’s the only wheelchair viewing area.  To make us pay courtside prices because there are no other options would be just as bad as the football decision.

Same here.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Will be waiting to see what happens.....will be leaving it as last as possible.

Dave: you are in Lower Lansdown and they have confirmed that there is no U19 or U12 option, merely £255 (wings) and £335 (centre) being the U22 price (which is actually shown as 19-21 and thereby logically prohibiting any U19)?

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Nothing yet. We’ve invited various club officials to our regular monthly SC&T meeting next Wednesday evening. 

The FSF are under the impression. The SC&T are meeting he club next week. Is this not the case?? 

We we need to get something out on social media exploring people not to renew until the discussions have come to a (positive) conclusion. 

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

What a pathetic bunch of spineless individuals they are. Time for the National Press folks. Waiting until next week is a waste of time.

It is quite stunning.

Unable to forsee the ill-feeling and anger this pricing decision would create, they now have no idea how to handle the outfall.

1 minute ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

I’ve not done the analysis but how do our prices compare to other champ teams?  For me the increase is irrelevant if it just brings us inline with other clubs so that we become more competitive!  There had to be a jump one season and it looks like it’s this one.

That would need the club to say so for me to begin to support it.

Unfortunately, forcing children and families out of a stand/section is a new one for the Championship, surely.

5 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

The FSF are under the impression. The SC&T are meeting he club next week. Is this not the case?? 

We we need to get something out on social media exploring people not to renew until the discussions have come to a (positive) conclusion. 

My email reply said....." I believe the Bristol City Supporters Trust are meeting the club next week and this evidence will prove very useful for them. Similarly when we raise the issue with the EFL, first hand opinions are very important."

Looking at the posts on here and other social media platforms, it’s fair to say, that one bit of shit can completely ruin all the goodwill and stuff that’s been created of late.  Bit sad really.

I don’t want to bang the "disability" drum, but as part of the initial part of the redevelopment at end of 13/14 season, I was told that there might not be sufficient wheelchair spaces to accommodate Joe’s season ticket renewal.  Imagine how I felt.  I held my counsel, and even after writing to Dave Lloyd, I was given the same message.  All I got back was "some people are going to lose out, we are redeveloping the stadium". I pointed out that no other season card holding group would not be able to renew their ticket, even if they had to move, but Dave was saying "tough shit" in effect.  I was getting ready to go to the press (last resort), when Kay got it sorted.  It shouldn’t resort to "people sorting it", it should be planned properly.

This year it feels very much like, we’ve got enough / too many kids on cheap season card deals in areas where we could make more money, and the demand is there (20k crowd average, sell-outs etc), let’s hike the prices, force them to move, or at least get a stupid amount of money off of them if they won’t move.

It smacks of arrogance.

9 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

I’ve not done the analysis but how do our prices compare to other champ teams?  For me the increase is irrelevant if it just brings us inline with other clubs so that we become more competitive!  There had to be a jump one season and it looks like it’s this one.

Someone better at maths than me would need to try it.. but would be interesting to see an educated guess about how much revenue our current ST holders bring in.. what these new prices may bring in (if similar numbers) and how this % increase can be spread out across other areas.

I’d be surprised if even a 3% increase across the board doesn’t wipe out any extra revenue generated by these poor proposed prices.

I think you are missing the point about why people are angry actually @Fontaineofallknowledge - it’s a principle argument as much as a financial one.

4 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Football pricing in this country is a rip off. Sick of saying it. The prices we charge and most of the other Championship clubs charge are just wrong. Just because we may not be the worst, doesn't make it in any way right. This is now a further hike on our most vulnerable fans and it isn't on. 

13 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Dave: you are in Lower Lansdown and they have confirmed that there is no U19 or U12 option, merely £255 (wings) and £335 (centre) being the U22 price (which is actually shown as 19-21 and thereby logically prohibiting any U19)?

Correct.  We are Section A4, which is kind of in between upper and lower LS....on the same level as the Corporate boxes....if that makes sense.

Archived