IGNORED

National League Play Offs

cidercity1987

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Also great to see Truro lose - the latest in teams trying to buy their way through the leagues

Disagree. Would be good to have a decent Cornish team.

Further down the pyramid in the Northern League, Ashton play Grantham tonight.

Hmm; Grantham = home of Isaac Newton and Margaret Thatcher.

Ashton = my first grand child's name and has tenuous links to City's area of Bristol. Their colours are red & white and their nick name is The Robins.  

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

7 minutes added time in the first half of the Fylde game, anyone know what happened?

I tuned in at 35 mins, saw an injury to Smith (not ours) but no where 7 minutes of stoppage.

Blood injury to the big borehamwood unit who scored.  No idea why he was treated on the pitch for so long though.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Blood injury to the big borehamwood unit who scored.  No idea why he was treated on the pitch for so long though.

Its funny, I've spotted about 4-5 players I always sign when I do a Football Manager save starting non league, and 2 of them have scored in this game.

I tend to agree with @Erithacus and @Major Isewater that the season itself forms the playoffs. Looking at the Championship Fulham are currently 16 points ahead of Derby and in League One Shrewsbury are 16 points ahead of Charlton but both are subject to the lottery of the play offs. This is despite clearly demonstrating over the course of the season that they are better. 

20 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

I tend to agree with @Erithacus and @Major Isewater that the season itself forms the playoffs. Looking at the Championship Fulham are currently 16 points ahead of Derby and in League One Shrewsbury are 16 points ahead of Charlton but both are subject to the lottery of the play offs. This is despite clearly demonstrating over the course of the season that they are better. 

Wasn`t it Wolves who finished 4th in Division 4 by about ten points and lost in the playoffs to Aldershot who were 7th and about twenty behind them?

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Thanks.

On tonight's showing seems a long way off to making our squad.  Now been substituted.  Had hoped to see real promise but he showed very little

Neither have the whole Fylde team to be fair, very lacklustre compared to what I`ve seen of them on TV in the last few weeks. Smith has been playing well recently and it`s a bit of a shame they won`t go up now as a season in league 2 would have benefitted both him and us I think. Another conference season doesn`t help anyone in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Neither have the whole Fylde team to be fair, very lacklustre compared to what I`ve seen of them on TV in the last few weeks. Smith has been playing well recently and it`s a bit of a shame they won`t go up now as a season in league 2 would have benefitted both him and us I think. Another conference season doesn`t help anyone in my opinion.

10 goals and 9 assists this season.

For a winger thats a cracking return, we might be able to get him a League 2 loan on the back of that.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Agree.  Rowe looked a possibility though.

We may have difficulty in finding a league club for Smith, although of course there is always Cheltenham

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Agree.  Rowe looked a possibility though.

We may have difficulty in finding a league club for Smith, although of course there is always Cheltenham

Rowe did look reasonable, probably Fylde's best player on the night. As @JamesBCFC has implied, Jonny`s performances this season should get him a decent League 2 loan - you`d like to think so anyway - by which I mean better than Cheltenham!

His one year extension option has been exercised by the Club :clapping: and he has really worked hard this year to get it ;)

Contracted until 2019. I am looking forward to him being back .... Different player with fast pace and great movement ....

1 hour ago, Garycpos said:

His one year extension option has been exercised by the Club :clapping: and he has really worked hard this year to get it ;)

Contracted until 2019. I am looking forward to him being back .... Different player with fast pace and great movement ....

I was impressed with Smiths movement last night, he appears to have a great attitude as despite lacking in service to him, he didn’t give up pressing the keeper and defenders.

Gutting his only opportunity, summing up his movement was ruled out incorrectly for offside.

Hopefully returning and training with better players and similarly being ‘mentored’ by the likes of Reid on how to use his body to his advantage as that appeared to be something he needs to improve.

Having said that some of those Boreham Wood players were units that he would unlikely face further up the leagues.

One thing he has that we’ve lacked in the final third is raw pace and Smith has that in abundance!

Good luck to the lad over the next year!

• Admin
2 hours ago, Garycpos said:

Fair play @Garycpos exciting times ahead for the Smith family

Just hope he gets the chances that he deserves and doesn't end up like a Magnusson etc 

5 hours ago, Garycpos said:

That`s great news mate. Is he ready for the championship yet do you think or a would a league one/two loan be more appropriate.

On 03/05/2018 at 13:44, Major Isewater said:

Thé play offs should start at the beginning of the season .

Each team plays each other home and away and , here's  the thing , the three best teams then get promoted.

Narghhh potty idea. What is more the fixture guys would be up in arms having to wait until end of July and the fans more so. Back to your drawing board.

Archived