IGNORED

VILLA

Dolman Block B

About to announce the loan signings of Tammy Abraham and Yannick Bolasie

Can someone tell me how the bloody hell 6 weeks back they were in the shite financially and now pulling off signings like this?

Seriously pisses me off when our club abide by the rule and no FFP problems, yet got a job to bring any “name” player in!!!

Even worse imagine when these two are partnered by Albert Adomah and Jonathan Kodjia when we play them at Ashton Gate late September?

6 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

About to announce the loan signings of Tammy Abraham and Yannick Bolasie

Can someone tell me how the bloody hell 6 weeks back they were in the shite financially and now pulling off signings like this?

Seriously pisses me off when our club abide by the rule and no FFP problems, yet got a job to bring any “name” player in!!!

Even worse imagine when these two are partnered by Albert Adomah and Jonathan Kodjia when we play them at Ashton Gate late September?

I’m afraid Albert would struggle to get into the team with that lot

15 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

But the question is still unanswered - where has the money been conjured up from?

@Mr Popodopolous is right, the money was used to clear their financial difficulties repaying clubs etc, however they weren't in trouble with FFP to the extent they can't sign guys on loan etc.

The fading thought of Tammy and Andi upfront together ?

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

@Mr Popodopolous is right, the money was used to clear their financial difficulties repaying clubs etc, however they weren't in trouble with FFP to the extent they can't sign guys on loan etc.

The fading thought of Tammy and Andi upfront together ?

Because they are still technically compliant based on the past 3 seasons i.e. 15/16 to 17/18, I'd suggest they can sign technically- but they will surely be in massive breach as it stands by the end of this season- the question then is if the EFL can make the punishment stick, i.e. a big points deduction. Assuming of course they don't make themselves compliant through selling several players- particularly Grealish.

Them and Forest, albeit the latter for differing reasons, are big, big test cases IMO.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Because they are still technically compliant based on the past 3 seasons i.e. 15/16 to 17/18, I'd suggest they can sign technically- but they will surely be in massive breach as it stands by the end of this season- the question then is if the EFL can make the punishment stick, i.e. a big points deduction. Assuming of course they don't make themselves compliant through selling several players- particularly Grealish.

Them and Forest, albeit for differing reasons are big big test cases IMO.

Thing is we don't know what the agreement between the clubs would be for % of wages, loan fee etc. For all we know Villa have worked a miracle and got them all without paying wages and loan fees (in the 0.000000000000000000000000001% chance that's happened). 

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Thing is we don't know what the agreement between the clubs would be for % of wages, loan fee etc. For all we know Villa have worked a miracle and got them all without paying wages and loan fees (in the 0.000000000000000000000000001% chance that's happened). 

Lille needed their player they loaned Villa off the wage bill so I doubt it in their case.

Don't see why Chelsea, part of whose business model relies on loaning and selling young players, would give Villa a free pass?

Bolasie? Perhaps- Everton seem to be under no big financial issues I think, for as long as they remain in PL anyway.

However yeah, that's spot on- they could have got free loans as you describe.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Lille needed their player they loaned Villa off the wage bill so I doubt it in their case.

Don't see why Chelsea, part of whose business model relies on loaning and selling young players, would give Villa a free pass?

Bolasie? Perhaps- Everton seem to be under no big financial issues I think, for as long as they remain in PL anyway.

I don't see it either but just a case we wouldn't know 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

I thought Darrel Clark wanted to sign El Ghazi .

No.

He said the way the Rovers played last night he would like them all shot on the Ghazi Strip ?

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Unless each club decided to gift them the 3 players on loan for no wage contribution and no wage fee of course...

No chance at all of that 

24 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Doesn't count towards FFP @cheshire_red

New owners have prob only pumped enough in for one more punt. Calculated gamble. If they don’t make it this year (please god) they will be in hole they can’t get out of next summer.?

i would absolutely love it as keegan said but i won’t hold my breathe though as they will probably make it now.

6 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

New owners have prob only pumped enough in for one more punt. Calculated gamble. If they don’t make it this year (please god) they will be in hole they can’t get out of next summer.?

i would absolutely love it as keegan said but i won’t hold my breathe though as they will probably make it now.

Punishments can be applied in-season now, through submission of projected accounts.

I'm attempting to have a crack at Villa's changes in financial position for last and so far this season- surely will lose more than £39m over the 3 seasons- seem to have not shown willing either to put it right (because for Birmingham's breaches they at least removed 5 or 6 players from the squad no number- as a proactive attempt to ship out). Big points deduction please if there are big breaches...

30 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe they are selling Grealish in January for £30m- that would still help them comply with FFP, perhaps a decent chunk of it.

That's my theory anyway- otherwise the ******* should get a big points deduction in the Spring- these can now be applied in season.

Thought Bolasie was off to Middlesborough anyway??

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/22/report-evertons-yannick-bolasie-to-snub-boro-for-aston-villa/

I predict 2 things:

1. If they breach FFP they will get the equivalent of a slap on the wrist. Too big a club for the EFL to take on.

2. If at any point they go 3 games without a win Bruce will start complaining that he wasn't allowed to spend enough money, just as he did last season.

I used to have a soft spot for Villa as one of the great old clubs but they have become the epitome of a badly run club with a sense of entitlement.

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I predict 2 things:

1. If they breach FFP they will get the equivalent of a slap on the wrist. Too big a club for the EFL to take on.

2. If at any point they go 3 games without a win Bruce will start complaining that he wasn't allowed to spend enough money, just as he did last season.

I used to have a soft spot for Villa as one of the great old clubs but they have become the epitome of a badly run club with a sense of entitlement.

Undoubtedly agree with 2 and the entitlement thing.

I really hope you're wrong on 1 however...too big in what sense? Prestige? Rich owners? Media allies? These rules were agreed on by all clubs, voted for- if they take the piss, I'd put it to a vote of all 72 clubs to sling em out the Football League. Forest too, to an extent.

@formerly known as ivan

Adidas would therefore be a related third party so market rate/fair value only and the rest disallowed/deducted from the calculations.

@Dolman Block B We actually can afford it to be fair, in FFP terms we're in a pretty good place so a season loan for Tammy wouldn't be financially impossible.

Archived