IGNORED

Humble pie for new year

keynshamred

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

So I can’t comment on any game I’ve not been to? Ridiculous. You’re familiar with the fact that the tv shows the same game as can be seen in the stadium?

Anyone is free to comment whether or not they’ve been to a game. Nowhere in my post have I said anything contrary. The point I was making is that if you haven’t attended how is your opinion as valid as someone who has?

I would rather watch the game myself and draw my own conclusions rather than rely on a TV crew to edit what they think I want to watch. 

If you really want to go down the road of saying watching on TV is as good as being there then Sky et al have won the day which to me is very sad. 

2 minutes ago, Sturny said:

That’s rich 

I wasn't actually looking for reaction with this thread. Was just stating that Johnson and his staff deserve a bit more respect and that 8 games ago people were wanting him gone.

From that point he has turned it around and long may it continue. The signs are it will. But unfortunately people on here will not change there mind or opinion.of him no matter what. 

1 minute ago, keynshamred said:

I wasn't actually looking for reaction with this thread. Was just stating that Johnson and his staff deserve a bit more respect and that 8 games ago people were wanting him gone.

From that point he has turned it around and long may it continue. The signs are it will. But unfortunately people on here will not change there mind or opinion.of him no matter what. 

Good post until this bit. Giving you a like anyway

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

#Manlove

Valentines approaching mind

:yes:

Yeah I aint going to lie, love the bloke. I think he's got every chance to become a great manager for us if the fans and board give him time. Will they, remains to be seen. He has all the attributes and seems to get alot of respect from his staff and players! Long may it continue. Lee johnson salute you!! 

4 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Yeah I aint going to lie, love the bloke. I think he's got every chance to become a great manager for us if the fans and board give him time. Will they, remains to be seen. He has all the attributes and seems to get alot of respect from his staff and players! Long may it continue. Lee johnson salute you!! 

As just about every single post you’ve ever posted is like somebody defending their mother .... that’s blatantly obvious

obsessed is the word you’re looking for 

Weird ..... truly weird

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Good post until this bit. Giving you a like anyway

Was I meaning you? Not necessarily just I know for a fact that some in our fan base hate him as a person and as a manger no matter what he does in the future!!  That's why his tenure will always add tension and you'll get bad reaction through out the fan base! 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As just about every single post you’ve ever posted is like somebody defending their mother .... that’s blatantly obvious

obsessed is the word you’re looking for 

If you like, but it's alot better than yours. Wanting to stab your mother in the back countless times.

3 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Was I meaning you? Not necessarily just I know for a fact that some in our fan base hate him as a person and as a manger no matter what he does in the future!!  That's why his tenure will always add tension and you'll get bad reaction through out the fan base! 

How do you know “for a fact” that some in our fanbase “hate him as a person” ?? - ridiculous claim.....hate is a strong word...

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

How do you know “for a fact” that some in our fanbase “hate him as a person” ?? - ridiculous claim.....hate is a strong word...

People I know that go to games, I've seen on other forums and a few circumstances on here. There are quite a few that can't stand the bloke which is sad really. 

Just now, keynshamred said:

People I know that go to games, I've seen on other forums and a few circumstances on here. There are quite a few that can't stand the bloke which is sad really. 

I thought all your ‘group’ were part of the cult of lovers 

:yawn:

Dont tell me you heard a dissenting voice at AG

Did you tell the authorities ?

5 hours ago, zombie said:

I’m not precious, I’m not your buddy either. 8 unbeaten is not a fluke, we have a mean defence, players like Kalas, Webster and Niki, all signed by Lee are the reason for that.

Hopefully in 2019 you’ll be able to leave your armchair and enjoy watching us live, it’s much better than on your laptop/tv, it would also validate your opinion, as currently it’s hard to take it seriously as you don’t watch and openly admit to being bias against Lee.

You are obviously entitled to an opinion, I just don’t think it’s as worthy as that of someone who views our team objectively (without an anti LJ agenda) and who chooses to support the team in person.

Run out of "likes" (why is there only 4 or 5 a day) ?

But nice one.

24 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Not complaining in the slightest, just not really bothered in scrolling through pages of threads for your benefit.

If @BobBobSuperBobcould provide some evidence to back up his claim however, that would be well appreciated... 

So you’ve got no evidence to back up your spurious claim....no problem, thanks for confirming....

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I thought all your ‘group’ were part of the cult of lovers 

:yawn:

Dont tell me you heard a dissenting voice at AG

Did you tell the authorities ?

Not all, no unfortunately there are a few as miserable and deluded as you!! You must be getting annoyed we're doing well now!? Feel for you, that you can't post all your usual negative tripe!! 8 unbeaten, johnson continues to do a top job!! 

1 minute ago, keynshamred said:

Not All, no unfortunately there are a few as miserable and deluded as you!! You must be getting annoyed we're doing well now!? Feel for you, that you can't post all your usual negative tripe!! 8 unbeaten, johnson continues to do a top job!! 

Lee likes white roses mind

Obsessed ........and weird

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Lee likes white roses mind

Obsessed ........and weird

Seems I'm not the only one who thinks you talk rubbish!! You have quite a hate mob I've noticed of late. Keep it up if you get that buzz! Can't wait for the day you admit your wrong about LJ. 

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you’ve got no evidence to back up your spurious claim....no problem, thanks for confirming....

A couple of people say something along the lines of anyone but LJ here (30 & 87), I could go and find you more evidence but I'm really not that bothered. 

Now, if @BobBobSuperBob could provide some evidence to back up his own claim, without any of his normal laughing reactions or sarky responses,  that'd would be great... 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Eh? Who are the ‘hate mob’ who have targeted @BobBobSuperBob?! Another outrageous claim by yourself...

Don’t blame him

Hes upset

There appears to be dissent on the Cult minibus , either that or he has recognised a couple of other rivals on here for Lees affections 

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

A couple of people say something along the lines of anyone but LJ here (30 & 87), I could go and find you more evidence but I'm really not that bothered. 

Now, if @BobBobSuperBob could provide some evidence to back up his own claim, without any of his normal laughing reactions or sarky responses,  that'd would be great... 

....oh, so it’s ‘along the lines of anyone but LJ’....along the lines? So not specific....so, still no evidence....thanks for confirming...and great to see you say that you’re “not really that bothered” in posting any real evidence...

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....oh, so it’s ‘along the lines of anyone but LJ’....along the lines? So not specific....so, still no evidence....thanks for confirming...and great to see you say that you’re “not really that bothered” in posting any real evidence...

If you bothered to read the posts you'd see what I meant... 

Anyway, read post 8 from here and come back to me 

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

That said though, the doubters are right to have their doubts.

First half of last season we were fantastic, it all went wrong from the wolves game. I think that span that involved losing from a good position against Wolves, hammered by Villa, 3-0 against Watford in the cup (admittedly a reserve game pretty much) and 2 fiercely competitive games against Man City destroyed us. Especially the manner in which we lost them, little mistakes - fielding and pack against wolves, switching off for ageuros last minute header, Magnússon’s mistake at home to man city. That all came to a head in the utterly embarrassing collapse at home to Sunderland.

LJ never really managed to right all of that. We limped through to the end of the season with a shocking run of form.

This year we’ve been inconsistent again, with a good run/bad run/good run pattern but we’re not playing anywhere near like we did last year.

There’s no denying we’re on a great run at the moment and I’m sure everyone is happy, but we aren’t playing teams off the park and we’re riding our luck. It kinda reminds me of the GJ play off final season at the moment, not really great to watch but fairly solid and getting the rub of the green. Unfortunately history tells us with LJ that a bad run could be just around the corner and I’m not quite sure if we’re unbeaten because of him or in spite of him

Fairly solid yes. Have we got the rub of the green over the course of the season though? Maybe we're getting some now but it's long overdue some might argue- 14 or 15 times we struck the woodwork this season. Perhaps it is starting to even out a bit in that respect.

Fairly solid? Depends how you measure it- as usual there are many different ways to do so. Goals conceded, shots conceded, big chances conceded- yes now, under GJ? Perhaps we conceded more chances but we were more expansive in the first half of the season especially. Some lovely football, with Noble as the first '1' in the 4-4-1-1.

6 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

There was always going to be a thread like this and being a staunch ‘LJ outer’ it’s only fair I reply. 

The results in this 8 game run have been good. And I accept that this is a results based industry so those of you pro LJ have the benefit of hindsight now, hence why threads like this may be started. 

However, my concerns about LJ are about performance rather than result. We’ve had a lot of luck in this run and it’s luck that cannot last. I accept that we played well against Norwich and Derby, but there hasn’t been much to crow about aside from that. 

I have not seen any consistency in performance to make me excited. To make me want to go. To make me think it’s worth the money. 

I accept that on the back of 8 undefeated it’s difficult for me to actively say “Johnson out”, but it isn’t difficult for me to be utterly unconvinced by him and our future while he remains in charge. My dislike for him is multi faceted, the poor football, poor activity in the transfer market and then there’s his completely unjustified arrogance. 

Truth be told if he were to be able to address one or two of the above then I could probably cope with the others. 

So am i convinced by LJ? No I’m certainly not. Far from it. Do I want us to lose? About as much as I want LJ as head coach. 

Results and performances can easily be worlds worlds apart, in our case don't believe all you see in the stats table, though if you do not attend games I'm sure everything in the garden looks rosy, we seem to be heading in the right direction as far as the league table goes though.

9 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

There was always going to be a thread like this and being a staunch ‘LJ outer’ it’s only fair I reply. 

The results in this 8 game run have been good. And I accept that this is a results based industry so those of you pro LJ have the benefit of hindsight now, hence why threads like this may be started. 

However, my concerns about LJ are about performance rather than result. We’ve had a lot of luck in this run and it’s luck that cannot last. I accept that we played well against Norwich and Derby, but there hasn’t been much to crow about aside from that. 

I have not seen any consistency in performance to make me excited. To make me want to go. To make me think it’s worth the money. 

I accept that on the back of 8 undefeated it’s difficult for me to actively say “Johnson out”, but it isn’t difficult for me to be utterly unconvinced by him and our future while he remains in charge. My dislike for him is multi faceted, the poor football, poor activity in the transfer market and then there’s his completely unjustified arrogance

Truth be told if he were to be able to address one or two of the above then I could probably cope with the others. 

So am i convinced by LJ? No I’m certainly not. Far from it. Do I want us to lose? About as much as I want LJ as head coach. 

Help me with this. Let’s start with the arrogance. How well do you know him? I think he’s a bit cocky, no doubt a trait he inherited from his father who was always quick to give himself a pat on the back, but to me arrogance is manifested by someone who doesn’t have a clue what they’re on about when they’re convinced they know it all.

Here’s a couple of links from today’s post match interviews

Any arrogance in there. I don’t think so, just a lad that talks a lot of sense to me who can have a laugh with is players at the same ne time as motivating them.

Transfers - in terms of players out, any of the big 3 his decision? Probably not.

in terms of players in here’s an article from the Post

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-transfers-lee-johnson-2228745.amp

I counted 30 of his 47 signings that have had a significant run in the first team or are enjoying successful loan spells at present 63%. Of the 17 that haven’t “made it” there’s a lot of young ones in there that we obviously took a chance with so probably didn’t cost the club too much to bring in or let go with the exception being Engvall who I’m led to believe was struggling being away from home. I’d be interested in your opinion as to why this activity is considered poor. Ive also not outlined players that have been outstanding (IMO) e.g. Brownhill, COD, Webster, Abraham etc

With regards to poor football this is one I can almost agree with you on. However, certainly in the last 8 we’ve played defensively and perhaps ugly when we’ve needed to. I think this season we’re building from the back. Our defence looks pretty strong despite the departure of Flint and Bryan and I believe we’re more adaptable to the opposition now compared to how we have been in previous seasons under LJ when we sometimes played “pretty” football for 90 minutes and lost. We need to be versatile in this division. 

Im not trying to have a row I’m just wondering if you’d back up your comments. Particularly the arrogant one ? 

Archived