IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 hours ago, Rich said:

This sounds very much a case of the owners carrying out a damage limitation exercise. They just could not let Clarke undermine their non plans with his vocal outbursts, which effectively was telling the fans that the owners had no intention to invest any money into the team or ground. The only investment has been from ticket/player sales, apart from the purchase of the colony, which they hope to gain PP on for housing, as the adjacent site is planned to be developed, just like the rugby ground, it's secured investment. Clarke knows they don't have any money, so he's shouted loud now and they've had to act and pay him off, with whatever they could get away with. They probably thought that nice man Marcus Stewart would take on the mantle but, he's burst their bubble and jacked. Clarke has got out with his reputation relatively intact and a bit of a pay off, and the owners look like they've finally been rumbled, along with their smokescreen non descript, non committed Chairman and CEO.

Not entirely true, although they’ve got very little to show for it. 

The most worrying thing for Rovers is that Wally & family have spent around £10million. The problem is that it’s been spent, not “invested” it’s also been secured against the Mem, so they can cash in their outlay if they bail out. Leaving Rovers all but insolvent. 

The big issue is what happens now. Where there are no more assets to secure against cash input. Are they going to put any more in..? If they don’t, then I can’t see Rovers being able to last much longer. 

10 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Cotterill would save them from relegation but they’re too busy shitting their pants in rage over things they’ve made up in their own heads. 

When was the ‘loads’ of times Cotterill slagged off the Gas then? 

Belters ?

11569712-2A93-44EB-BE78-D3876E11EB07.jpeg

The beauty of this is that Cotts did not specifically slag them off. He made up a fictional team name and it’s them (and us) that made the cap fit them. 

If a Rovers manager mentioned Rag Ass City, we would think it mean us, specifically, because we know we are far from “Rag Ass”

They, on the other hand....! 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

My understanding is that he has a place in Dubai and spends a lot of time there. Also, again I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but on tv last night they said he was at one of their matches recently, but at a guest of the opposition team. I don’t know if the rumours of him being interested are because of this sighting, but even then they are straw clutching I think.

They may well want him and he may well fancy getting back into a job, but the over riding factor is... can they afford him, even if he is prepared to take a drop in wages..? 

Let’s not forget that our managers in the Championship earn about £10k per week. I’m sure Birmingham pay about the same. So it’s going to take a massive reduction just to get anything close to what they can afford to pay. 

Edited by Bar BS3

17 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

As for Cotterill his success at Cheltenham was over 16 years ago and his Bristol City side included breaking their transfer record at the time to sign Agard (about 800k) and spending 500k on Luke Freeman. There were other significant deals too. I'm not as against his appointment as some, but he wouldn't be my choice.

Ah never knew that . Basing your opinions on bullshit facts . Not like them is it . Morons 

These are the same idiots who tell each other that Matty Taylor is on 20k a week. 

Didnt realise Kieran Agard was our record signing? Could’ve sworn we paid something like £2.25 million for Maynard? We paid over a Million for Akinbyi in the 90s FFS.

I’d love to know why they feel the need to lie about everything?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Not necessarily . You can still have liked him, appreciated what he had done for us, but realised that a change had to be made or we were heading down again. 

Absolutely this.

He was great for us, but clearly felt let down by the (alleged) meddling in transfer business so spat out his dummy and would have taken us down I believe just to prove a point which is unforgivable.

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

These are the same idiots who tell each other that Matty Taylor is on 20k a week. 

Didnt realise Kieran Agard was our record signing? Could’ve sworn we paid something like £2.25 million for Maynard? We paid over a Million for Akinbyi in the 90s FFS.

If you lie about something enough times,  then it becomes the truth. Especially if you're telling lies to idiots who will lap up anything they're told (like anything that comes out of Wallys mouth).

Lieing also makes you feel better sometimes :bonkers:?

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Blimey Thorpe and Akinbiyi 20 years ago cost more than Kieran.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The beauty of this is that Cotts did not specifically slag them off. He made up a fictional team name and it’s them (and us) that made the cap fit them. 

If a Rovers manager mentioned Rag Ass City, we would think it mean us, specifically, because we know we are far from “Rag Ass”

They, on the other hand....! 

He didn’t even make it up, I’ve heard the term used years ago by a manager on TV to describe his underperforming team. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

As for Cotterill his success at Cheltenham was over 16 years ago and his Bristol City side included breaking their transfer record at the time to sign Agard (about 800k) and spending 500k on Luke Freeman. There were other significant deals too. I'm not as against his appointment as some, but he wouldn't be my choice.

Ah never knew that . Basing your opinions on bullshit facts . Not like them is it . Morons 

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

In fact, we had paid much higher fees for players waaaaaay before Agard including  Maynard, Baldock, Akinbyi, Trundle, Thorpe, Cole, Styvar :facepalm:, Pitman, Clarkson :noexp:, Carle and Peacock.....totalling over £16m

Its like they feel the need to bend the truth blatantly lie just to try and make themselves feel better about their own crappy existence.....sad really

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Cotterill would be a perfect match for The Gas. Put it this way, within football he isn't on many Christmas card lists and is largely loathed for having an attitude that betrays more about misplaced confidence in himself than any innate talent.

To his credit he gave us a season to remember (worryingly might do similar  for them,) only to undo all that work by letting his 'character' come to the fore. Only the desperate would offer him a route back post Birmingham.

Interested to know where you heard this from....as I actually heard quite the opposite 

Granted....his nickname is 'chocolate'...however from what I've heard, he is well thought of in the industry 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Going to the 49,000 all seater Stadium of Light tomorrow will remind them of just how embarrassing the Memorial Stadium is.

.....that's if any of them can travel that far without ending up in North Wales.

There will be 800,000 of them asking confused Scottish people where the football stadium is.

"What do you mean the Stadium of Light isn't in Sutherland?"

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Taz said:

If you lie about something enough times,  then it becomes the truth. 

50,000 at a League 2 Play Off Final

‘Teds’ in the away end against Mansfield 

The Gas are known and loved all over the World.

”remember when Lansdown said no one would ever talk about Rovers again”

‘Loyal and true’

Turn up in huge numbers

Outgrown the Mem

40,000 for a Non League Play Off Final

6th richest club in the country

Biggest, Wealthiest club in Bristol

“My mate is disabled and a City fan punched his teeth out for sitting in the wrong seat”

Lies

Lies

Lies

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

This isn't a post of Gas chat surely?

Morons 

11 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

In fact, we had paid much higher fees for players waaaaaay before Agard including  Maynard, Baldock, Akinbyi, Trundle, Thorpe, Cole, Styvar :facepalm:, Pitman, Clarkson :noexp:, Carle and Peacock.....totalling over £16m

Its like they feel the need to bend the truth blatantly lie just to try and make themselves feel better about their own crappy existence.....sad really

We paid £850k for Agard. Nowhere near our record signing, even back then. 

In fairness to Rovers fans, their little brains probably overheat and go into meltdown at the prospect of paying any transfer fee over £350k..! 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I’m sure Soren Anderson cost something like £800k in 1998 but I could be wrong?

• Like 1

Cotterill has always struck me as a manager who liked spending money, yes wheeling and dealing but spending. Yes he may have done really well at Cheltenham without spending but I don’t think he will want to go back to begging for loans, selling assets and having his hands tied.

I know a lot of managers do this but there are loans and there are loans, just as there are times you have to accept offers for players to further their careers rather than because you desperately need the cash. I think Cotterill will belive he is beyond this type of club, that he’s done his time at that level and won’t go back. By that level I mean a plotless club with little or no facilities, League one or two clubs on the up with decent ground and investment might be appealing if we wants a project maybe. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not entirely true, although they’ve got very little to show for it. 

The most worrying thing for Rovers is that Wally & family have spent around £10million. The problem is that it’s been spent, not “invested” it’s also been secured against the Mem, so they can cash in their outlay if they bail out. Leaving Rovers all but insolvent. 

The big issue is what happens now. Where there are no more assets to secure against cash input. Are they going to put any more in..? If they don’t, then I can’t see Rovers being able to last much longer. 

Not sure what's not entirely true and they have the rugby ground and the colony to show for it.. When you say spent, would you purchase something like a re sellable asset and say it's spent, as opposed to invested? Because the term spent, means it's gone. That is most certainly not the case as, any money gone from their accounts, has been secured against the assets, so is effectively still there and, in this case increasing in value.

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

Not sure what's not entirely true and they have the rugby ground and the colony to show for it.. When you say spent, would you purchase something like a re sellable asset and say it's spent, as opposed to invested? Because the term spent, means it's gone. That is most certainly not the case as, any money gone from their accounts, has been secured against the assets, so is effectively still there and, in this case increasing in value.

What I don't get is the colony puchase. If WAQ and his mob were going to asset strip the sags, why buy the field in Almondsbury? Did they put that against the value of the Mem as well by any chance?

48 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Interested to know where you heard this from....as I actually heard quite the opposite 

Granted....his nickname is 'chocolate'...however from what I've heard, he is well thought of in the industry 

That would be telling, suffice to say from within the game.