IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

For the benefit of Wally & family, not Rovers. They have safe guarded their input and if they call it in, then Rovers are finished. 

Unlike SL, who’s turned the majority of his input into shares, so never gets it back unless we make money. 

Which is exactly what I have said in my previous posts. There is no risk or very little to their investments, as they are secured against property which is increasing in value (at the moment). I have never said any of their investment was for Rovers benefit and I've never compared their investment to that of SL. I don't know where you are coming from when you correct my interpretation of events, when it is the same as yours.

39 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, an unforgivable error...why would Nev have defended Sunderland though as he was a Newcastle fan?!

Good question - given Nev’s personality and the fact club rivalries weren’t as intense in the 80s as nowadays, perhaps it was north-eastern solidarity in a foreign land type thing. They plan to see Sunderland play a continental side in a friendly. Possibly just within the bounds of credibility.

What makes no sense is that Oz also cheers on Sunderland and even, IIRC, wears their scarf! No way would a boorish yob like Oz be the slightest bit interested in building bridges with the Mackems, even against the hated Germans.

A low point in an otherwise excellent show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Which is exactly what I have said in my previous posts. There is no risk or very little to their investments, as they are secured against property which is increasing in value (at the moment). I have never said any of their investment was for Rovers benefit and I've never compared their investment to that of SL. I don't know where you are coming from when you correct my interpretation of events, when it is the same as yours.

I think we’ve got crossed wires. 

Your post said they’ve not invested. I said they had spent but had secured it against the ground. 

Both saying the same thing basically. 

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

Good question - given Nev’s personality and the fact club rivalries weren’t as intense in the 80s as nowadays, perhaps it was north-eastern solidarity in a foreign land type thing. They plan to see Sunderland play a continental side in a friendly. Possibly just within the bounds of credibility.

What makes no sense is that Oz also cheers on Sunderland and even, IIRC, wears their scarf! No way would a boorish yob like Oz be the slightest bit interested in building bridges with the Mackems, even against the hated Germans.

A low point in an otherwise excellent show.

I reckon rivalries were more intense back then than nowadays - but it was still my fave programme!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Another deluded idiot :facepalm:

LincsBlue

Post by LincsBlue on 12 hours ago

Cotts would deplete the attendance figures.....leave him out

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7920/steve-cotterill-rag-bag-rovers#ixzz5ZfPNds92

Sounds like a good cost cutting measure. 

If their attendance depleated any more than it already is, they wouldn’t really need to open half of their (tiny) ground. That should save a few ££! ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

The 'famous quarters' have been used for comedy effect before, here's Nick Frost as a yokel buffoon in Hot Fuzz

hot fuzz.JPG

How to depict, visually, someone as thick, comical and inept. And the costume department nailed it in one (football top).

Edited by Moments of Pleasure
  • Haha 3