IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 13/12/2018 at 18:01, JBFC II said:

No chance Lee would go there. 

He's playing in a proper stadium, with a good owner and a decent fan base. He has a very good strike force and finances to spend. 

Why would he want to lose all of that? 

New stand being added this season, or so I was told a couple of months ago.

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think we’ve got crossed wires. 

Your post said they’ve not invested. I said they had spent but had secured it against the ground. 

Both saying the same thing basically. 

I didn't say they hadn't invested, I actually said, "their only investment had been from ticket/player sales", so effectively not their own investment and was referring to projects, other than purchases of land/property.  I then said that the only investment they had made (omitting the original purchase) had been for the colony, which was a speculative deal and like the rugby ground was secured against the property. So they haven't actually spent any of their own money, they've just invested in some property.

No wires crossed, just put differently.

17 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Their next manager will be the cheapest option based on recent form, so don't expect them to pay for either the likes of Hollowhead or Cotts or any other experienced manager for that matter.  My money is going on the caretaker being made a permanent appointment.

This exactly, cheap option and I really can't see to many decent managers touching that club with a barge pole.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Their next manager will be the cheapest option based on recent form, so don't expect them to pay for either the likes of Hollowhead or Cotts or any other experienced manager for that matter.  My money is going on the caretaker being made a permanent appointment.

Think you are probably right. He will get a memorable draw up at Sunderland at the weekend, followed by a few points at home, get appointed then be helpless to stop them going down.

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

Think you are probably right. He will get a memorable draw up at Sunderland at the weekend, followed by a few points at home, get appointed then be helpless to stop them going down.

How do you know that I didn't mean the bloke who sweeps up after the game, changes the light bulbs and locks up after everyone has left? ?

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

Tomorrow’s game at Sunderland will be interesting, in regards to what they players actually felt towards DC. 

Result aside, if they put up a good fight and raise their game, you’d have to question if DC had lost the dressing room, which might explain their terrible recent form. 

If they are sulking because DC was badly treated, and roll over for a gutless defeat, then, with little or no budget for January, you’d have to hope that it’s all going to implode! 

35 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That could be levelled at us too....

You think that buying LJ’s contract at Barnsley out and paying him half a million a year was the cheap option..?! Honestly..?

Come on, you are an experienced football fan. That is such a lame and badly thought statement that it’s laughable. 

• Like 6

Was told today by someone who has very close links with both clubs that some of the Sag players were glad to see the back of him, had an agenda towards certain players, miserable, constant whinging and don’t think he’s all that he’s being made out to be by fans/media.

30 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You think that buying LJ’s contract at Barnsley out and paying him half a million a year was the cheap option..?! Honestly..?

Come on, you are an experienced football fan. That is such a lame and badly thought statement that it’s laughable. 

Pearson wanted £1.5m per year as a salary to come here.....Tinnion, GJ, Millen, McInnes, SOD, Cotts, LJ - yep we have a fine track record of always going for the expensive, proven options don’t we?!! You think LJ was an expensive option?! Certainly not at this level....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

4 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Was told today by someone who has very close links with both clubs that some of the Sag players were glad to see the back of him, had an agenda towards certain players, miserable, constant whinging and don’t think he’s all that he’s being made out to be by fans/media.

Not sticking up for the dopey one, but I bet that is true of at least half the managers doing the rounds these days .

• Like 1

Cotterill would be a disasterous choice and I think it disgraceful that he has been sitting in the directors box with the idiot Hamer whilst DC was trying to manage the club.For me Paul Hurst is the obvious choice should we be able to get him 

How dare a man go and watch a football match with his mate whilst the team he’s watching currently had a manager already!

They haven’t got a brain cell between them that lot.

15 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Not sticking up for the dopey one, but I bet that is true of at least half the managers doing the rounds these days .

Dopey has four promotions on his CV he did a very decent job for that mob in difficult circumstances.....Darren Ferguson also has four promotions on his track record and that includes getting teams into the championship, oft maligned on here for no reason whatsoever, I’m surprised his name hasn’t been mentioned by the fewers, or perhaps it has? He has a record of success that our Head Coach can only dream about, and with unfashionable clubs too....three promotions with The Posh and one with Donny Rovers....and he won the FL Trophy when it was a decent competition....we even claimed a ‘double’ the last time we won it!