IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, In the Net said:

Still waiting for you to send me the link to the verdict of the Court case - or have you seen it in your crystal ball?

He was arrested . The cps has deemed that there’s enough evidence to charge him. As I’ve said to you previously ,that you’re women I’m absolutely staggered that you’re defending him. Although it’s a typical gas thing to do . One player got you promoted & you were just outside the relegation places before he turned up ,  but wife beater Barton  is a hero. He’s been in countless court cases for violence . He’s been to prison for violence but you still support him. This forum isn’t like you’re North Korean version & you're more than welcome on here . But please stop chatting bollocks 

• Like 2
  • Flames 4

13 hours ago, In the Net said:

No idea - I'm interested in watching football, not monitoring attendance figures.  If you want to know about Rovers attendances, you're in the right place, as there seem to be a lot of experts on here. ?

??? the only reason we talk about attendances is because of you’re bloody lies ??.you used to be a voice of gas reason on here to certain extent but you’re becoming more & more like the rest of them . STOP BLOODY LYING . You’re crowds are shit , you’re stolen ground is shit . Just because a woman beater tells you you’re a big club doesn’t make it fact. You haven’t been in the second tier in English football for THIRTY YEARS, but you were non league 7 years ago . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 3

1 hour ago, The Gasbuster said:

It would be interesting (?) to know how all the junior 15ers got on with their Maths GCSE results.

My guess is that they all failed, miserably.

If a football club were allocated 15k tickets for a Wembley final & then were allocated a further 10k - what would their total ticket allocation be..? 

A) 45k

B) 75k

C) 120k

• Haha 14

10 hours ago, In the Net said:

No idea - I'm interested in watching football, not monitoring attendance figures.  If you want to know about Rovers attendances, you're in the right place, as there seem to be a lot of experts on here. ?

Knowing we're the better supported team - certainly in terms of bums on seats - for the last 60 years is good enough for me.

The more sentient Rovers fans like yourself Netty acknowledge this. You just get on with supporting your club and fair enough for that. 

Unfortunately, attendances come up as an issue time-and-time-again because of the tendency for some Gas on social media to say things like "the biggest away support in the league" and "the blue half of Bristol" plus various wild claims about the numbers in Wembley and the idea that a 40,000-seater new stadium would be required. 

Even Wael wouldn't be daft enough to believe that last one. It would be a nightmare for agoraphobics!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Knowing we're the better supported team - certainly in terms of bums on seats - for the last 60 years is good enough for me.

The more sentient Rovers fans like yourself Netty acknowledge this. You just get on with supporting your club and fair enough for that. 

Unfortunately, attendances come up as an issue time-and-time-again because of the tendency for some Gas on social media to say things like "the biggest away support in the league" and "the blue half of Bristol" plus various wild claims about the numbers in Wembley and the idea that a 40,000-seater new stadium would be required. 

Even Wael wouldn't be daft enough to believe that last one. It would be a nightmare for agoraphobics!

This is why they play in blue and white quarters. It is to designate that only a quarter of the city supports them.  The blue half ceased to be many moons ago.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He was arrested . The cps has deemed that there’s enough evidence to charge him. As I’ve said to you previously ,that you’re women I’m absolutely staggered that you’re defending him. Although it’s a typical gas thing to do . One player got you promoted & you were just outside the relegation places before he turned up ,  but wife beater Barton  is a hero. He’s been in countless court cases for violence . He’s been to prison for violence but you still support him. This forum isn’t like you’re North Korean version & you're more than welcome on here . But please stop chatting bollocks 

I’m sorry to quote my own post but it’s too late to edit it . Stop with the bollocks of one half of the city ffs . The gas part is one tenth at best 

8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Agoraphobia: etymology being 'fear of the marketplace'.  I give you Andy Tilson, 1992. 

Perhaps Wael might name it 'The Agoraphobics Arena'?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Agoraphobia: etymology being 'fear of the marketplace'.  I give you Andy Tilson, 1992. 

Perhaps Wael might name it 'The Agoraphobics Arena'?

That's good Ancient Greek knowledge there, BTRFTG.

Another word we take from Greek is Nostalgia, which literally means "the pain of the past". This is what Gasheads mean when they are nostalgic for the Holloway years, etc.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

??? the only reason we talk about attendances is because of you’re bloody lies ??.you used to be a voice of gas reason on here to certain extent but you’re becoming more & more like the rest of them . STOP BLOODY LYING . You’re crowds are shit , you’re stolen ground is shit . Just because a woman beater tells you you’re a big club doesn’t make it fact. You haven’t been in the second tier in English football for THIRTY YEARS, but you were non league 7 years ago . Just let that sink in pikey 

Whilst I understand the general thrust of your post, I am struggling to understand the reason for your virulence, especially when it is directed against @In the Net, who, from what I have read, makes two valid points.

Firstly, she has little or no interest in bragging about or overstating Rovers’ supporters figures, home or away, as she is more interested in the football itself - sounds reasonable to me.

Secondly, rather than supporting JB for being a ‘wife beater’, she is merely questioning how you ´know´ this to be a fact as the Court case has yet to be heard, which, again, seems quite reasonable to me.

Finally, ending your post by calling @In the Net ´Pikey’ probably says more about you than the poster with whom you are arguing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

??? the only reason we talk about attendances is because of you’re bloody lies ??.you used to be a voice of gas reason on here to certain extent but you’re becoming more & more like the rest of them . STOP BLOODY LYING . You’re crowds are shit , you’re stolen ground is shit . Just because a woman beater tells you you’re a big club doesn’t make it fact. You haven’t been in the second tier in English football for THIRTY YEARS, but you were non league 7 years ago 

I can only assume that you've been on the cider, unless you'd like to quote some of my "bloody lies". 

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

??? the only reason we talk about attendances is because of you’re bloody lies ??.you used to be a voice of gas reason on here to certain extent but you’re becoming more & more like the rest of them . STOP BLOODY LYING . You’re crowds are shit , you’re stolen ground is shit . Just because a woman beater tells you you’re a big club doesn’t make it fact. You haven’t been in the second tier in English football for THIRTY YEARS, but you were non league 7 years ago 

'Your' not 'You're'. Our maths may be shit, but it beats your English.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I’ve had a word removed from one of my posts a mod has told me as there’s been complaints. It a derogatory term apparently . It’s used to describe a Irish person of the travelling community. I’ve no problem with the mods removing it per se. However, if anyone reading this was one of the people to complain , then at least have the gumption to complain to me. Also if you’re offended by such a word then you need to have a good look in the mirror.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

8570, pathetic.

So wouldn't have had their usual* reduced capacity sell out either. 

* usual being a couple of times during/straight after promotion. 

Just goes to show their urgent need for a 28k stadium!