IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

37 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

How many contradictions and how much bullshit in one paragraph from the man? 

"I felt the referee was really poor today for us. Every decision, he decided to give to them and I think it stems out of the nonsense from the manager and the assistant. I was in the stand and I could hear them trying to get Glenn Whelan sent off for a competitive tackle on the edge of the touchline.

"They are screaming and jumping up and maybe it’s because they never played football and maybe that’s how you’re meant to behave, but you shouldn’t be screaming as an opposition manager to get a 91-cap international dismissed from the pitch when he has clearly made contact with the ball. It is a foul, it probably is a yellow card."

There is enough there to dissect to keep this thread going for the next month. 

And, they've probably NEVER beaten up their partners ! What amateurs they are .

• Haha 2

On 21/08/2022 at 00:35, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

A lot of Gasheads on Social Media have managed to convince themselves that the fact Mrs Barton changed her story at a later date means that poor misunderstood Joey is definitely innocent.

I’ve got some magic beans for sell, beanstalk guaranteed. 

Wonder if they’d be so quick to disbelieve their own daughter if she turned up with a golf ball sized lump on her head saying they’d been assaulted? Suppose it depends if hubby was ‘Gas fer life’…

You are so right about the Gasheads.

Magic beans you say ? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

So noted philosopher Joey Barton doesn't know the laws of the game. I'm shocked I tell you.

Contact with the ball is irrelevant, the tackle was reckless, out of control and endangered an opponent. Nothing in the laws says all that doesn't count if you happen to touch the ball in the process.

Sam Frost thought that a yellow was fair & there is never even a hint of bias in his reporting.

2 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Pompey fan on their forum winding them right up https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/20035/saturday

Barton is doing so much damage to their reputation. Many fans on Social Media used to pity them with their shit little tents and propensity to suck up to bigger clubs supporters.

More and more people are seeing them for what they are and of course they can’t help themselves but gob off when anyone questions husband of the year…or ‘daddy’ as Gasheads see him. Hero worshipping that thuggish bonehead because he mentions taking them to the Prem before us or filling a stadium like Ashton Gate when they haven’t had crowds anywhere near that since the 50s.

Idiots.

Great stuff, love it ?

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

36 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

How will those poor 15ers cope on Wednesday night when we play Wycombe? Whichever team wins will leave them gutted!

Oh I am sure if Wycombe beat what ever team we put out, they will find a result where they beat Wycombe, therefore making them better than us and Wycombe.

#gaslogic

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chinapig said:

So noted philosopher Joey Barton doesn't know the laws of the game. I'm shocked I tell you.

Contact with the ball is irrelevant, the tackle was reckless, out of control and endangered an opponent. Nothing in the laws says all that doesn't count if you happen to touch the ball in the process.

I was there and it was a truly shocking challenge which certainly warranted a red card. 

11 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Spoke to gashead neighbour yesterday, through gritted teeth he had to admit we looked pretty good against Cardiff, but he had to follow it up with "but there were loads of empty seats". ?‍♀️

Bitted and twisted is inbred into thier DNA

21k+ Sunday lunch time, two home games in a week, on Sky etc. I wonder how many they would have got?

20 minutes ago, BetterRedThanBlue said:

You've got to remember its getting colder so less people will want to go and then in the summer it's too hot for people to go and that's not even accounting for the 40,000 locked out every week.

And the rain. You forgot about the rain.

Little known fact that Fewers dissolve in drizzle.

Why risk it?

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

21k+ Sunday lunch time, two home games in a week, on Sky etc. I wonder how many they would have got?

I believe their game against Oxford was a sky lunchtime kickoff wasn’t it? 8,297 was the attendance, but maybe they reduced the ground capacity again and it was a sellout…

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

Spoke to gashead neighbour yesterday, through gritted teeth he had to admit we looked pretty good against Cardiff, but he had to follow it up with "but there were loads of empty seats". ?‍♀️

Did you tell him that we do have 27,000 seats?

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

I believe their game against Oxford was a sky lunchtime kickoff wasn’t it? 8,297 was the attendance, but maybe they reduced the ground capacity again and it was a sellout…

Except Oxford didn't sell out their allocation as they were protesting about the ticket prices

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

Ahhh, what you have seemed to miss, and this is the genius bit ....

They don't have many seats, so there are less to be empty .  

Head Finger GIF by HORNBACH

The 17,000 we had the other evening, was twice what they get. Then the 10,000 spaces were more than they can get.  
For Cardiff ,  the 6,000 empty seats was more seats than they actually have while the crowd was more than twice what they can get.

So to sum up, indeed they are a Tinpot no mark club. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 2