IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Geeze well done for the reaction. Do you have a dashcam? I am considering getting one because these dick heads need to be taken off the road.

Absolutely essential piece of equipment. A Doctor complained I was in the wrong lane once (when they T Boned me). I was dragged down to court in Southampton and her barrister apologised to me forwasting my time....but he was acting under instruction. Still. Day out eh. Never been to court before. I have now. Ridiculously she went off muttering that the road markings were wrong. ?

Edited by Sweeneys Penalties
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Six new signings this week apparently. Any guesses on how many will actually happen?

I`m going 0.

Barton, all giddy, said after Oxford win they were far down the line with a handful. Now suddenly he’s turned and saying he’s not sure if anything will happen. 

Opportunist at its finest. 

Sharton’s bitter remarks tonight merely underline how utterly detached from reality the Gastards are when they narcissistically boast about how universally adored they are.

So long as he is their manager, they will continue to be the most reviled team in the lower divisions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyisared said:

This is a silly comment, Frost said at first glance it doesn't seem like a red, which seems a fair comment to make as he doesn't go in studs up

Studs up is a red herring. The tackle was reckless, out of control and endangered an opponent. That's a red card.

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

is this what they’re playing victim over? Not exactly ‘stonewall’ and official relegation defining is it….

They did this a lot last season, their player initiates contact by moving his leg towards the defender & goes down very easily.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Studs up is a red herring. The tackle was reckless, out of control and endangered an opponent. That's a red card.

I’ve watched it, it is a clear red, horrible challenge by a player with a history of them.

Frost says it isn’t because he’s about as one eyed as anyone I have seen report on that lot.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, In the Net said:

I must have missed the Court case.

Am I right in thinking you’re a woman ? The cps thinks there was enough to take him to court . Typical gas backing a scum bag like Barton. If he’d got the job here , he would of been hounded out as soon as the rumours surfaced. No ******* morals you blue few 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Am I right in thinking you’re a woman ? The cps thinks there was enough to take him to court . Typical gas backing a scum bag like Barton. If he’d got the job here , he would of been hounded out as soon as the rumours surfaced. No ******* morals you blue few 

I’m surprised at her as well, whether found guilty or not the recording and her facial bruising says it all

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

6 hours ago, cityal said:

This was the vanarama playoff final in 2015 right?

This "figure" is growing over the years as we all suspected it would. At this rate (growing 3K in 7 years) they will have taken more than the actual attendance in 20 years time!

Waaay back in the this thread i looked into this in more detail - My conclusion based on local newspaper reports of ticket sales one week before the final (presumably these figure informed by the clubs) and some investighation into the method of neutral ticket sales made my figure of dribbling lunatics in attendance closer to 32K

We took 42,000

F2C23A67-DB81-405B-A0C5-987D5C95DC19.jpeg

32 minutes ago, harrys said:

I’m surprised at her as well, whether found guilty or not the recording and her facial bruising says it all

A lot of Gasheads on Social Media have managed to convince themselves that the fact Mrs Barton changed her story at a later date means that poor misunderstood Joey is definitely innocent.

I’ve got some magic beans for sell, beanstalk guaranteed. 

Wonder if they’d be so quick to disbelieve their own daughter if she turned up with a golf ball sized lump on her head saying they’d been assaulted? Suppose it depends if hubby was ‘Gas fer life’…

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

I mean tbf there's only so much you can do. Portsmouth are clearly a far better team than the sags; so Barton could be better than them and still lose simply due to quality of the team.

4 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

This is a silly comment, Frost said at first glance it doesn't seem like a red, which seems a fair comment to make as he doesn't go in studs up

6 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Wasn't Barton

4 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Quite interesting, Barton actually said Pearson was completely right with regards to the quality of officials here at 2:00: 

You sure you’re a red, Matty?

• Hmmm 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

The CPS obviously have some strong evidence, get it into Court, and get it sorted properly.

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

The CPS obviously have some strong evidence, get it into Court, and get it sorted properly.

As I remember it, his wife called the police saying her husband had assaulted her, the police arrive and find her with head injuries. It's fairly damning BUT circumstantial and there is no evidence apart from his and hers, unless some  friends who I think were present, also are prepared to testify. 

The interesting thing is what happens if she has to give evidence because if he has hit her and he she says he didn't, she's committing perjury. Of course the judge will have to allow that he's coerced her into changing her story and of course coercion and controlling behaviour are so much more widely recognised these days.

We can't really take the high-ground BCFC having employed Danny Simpson and I have no particular hatred of JB but all I can say that if he did lay even a finger on his wife, he deserves to go down and to lose his job.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

As I remember it, his wife called the police saying her husband had assaulted her, the police arrive and find her with head injuries. It's fairly damning BUT circumstantial and there is no evidence apart from his and hers, unless some  friends who I think were present, also are prepared to testify. 

The interesting thing is what happens if she has to give evidence because if he has hit her and he she says he didn't, she's committing perjury. Of course the judge will have to allow that he's coerced her into changing her story and of course coercion and controlling behaviour are so much more widely recognised these days.

We can't really take the high-ground BCFC having employed Danny Simpson and I have no particular hatred of JB but all I can say that if he did lay even a finger on his wife, he deserves to go down and to lose his job.

The main difference being there was near total unanimous uproar when he signed for us

48 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I have absolutely no problem at all with 15ers posting on here - there are several who do that are very welcome, but it should be done in plain sight - without any attempt at deception.  

Perhaps we could change his username to "Mattyisaredherring"?

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

You sure you’re a red, Matty?

Ah yes pointing out that at first glance in real time it's possible someone could think their midfielder didn't deserve a red and it didn't make it "like North Korea" makes me automatically a ****** sag doesn't it. I watched the post-match interview cus everyone was going on about what Barton said, and I noticed he's in black and the guy's in white there so it's obvs not Barton.

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I have absolutely no problem at all with 15ers posting on here - there are several who do that are very welcome, but it should be done in plain sight - without any attempt at deception.  

If you go back through my posts you'll see I've mentioned numerous times why I comment mainly on this thread, I mainly use Not606 for regular City posting. But course saying "oh the bloke clapping the tackle can't have been Barton" or "Barton actually talks about Pearson positively here" it's met with "WELL U MUST BE A SAG." Numerous City fans have pointed out their issues with this thread, I don't particularly care about it but I think, as I've explained numerous times, that I try to be a bit of a devil's advocate and give them credit where it's due. Mean this fully and sincerely, maybe grow up a bit? 

It's kinda funny, took a break from this server cus the last time I got accused of being a sag simply because I said "hey, maybe Joey Barton and Wael aren't engaged in full-scale corruption and maybe they won their game against Scunthorpe fairly" and the response was that I was obviously a dirty sag who was undercover, which is obviously silly

Edited by Mattyisared

2 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

If you go back through my posts you'll see I've mentioned numerous times why I comment mainly on this thread, I mainly use Not606 for regular City posting. But course saying "oh the bloke clapping the tackle can't have been Barton" or "Barton actually talks about Pearson positively here" it's met with "WELL U MUST BE A SAG." Numerous City fans have pointed out their issues with this thread, I don't particularly care about it but I think, as I've explained numerous times, that I try to be a bit of a devil's advocate and give them credit where it's due. Mean this fully and sincerely, maybe grow up a bit?

I think you have been caught out, I always think that people who put Red in their username are immediately suspicious and err......... 

As you were :whistle:

• Haha 6