IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

As I remember it, his wife called the police saying her husband had assaulted her, the police arrive and find her with head injuries. It's fairly damning BUT circumstantial and there is no evidence apart from his and hers, unless some  friends who I think were present, also are prepared to testify. 

The interesting thing is what happens if she has to give evidence because if he has hit her and he she says he didn't, she's committing perjury. Of course the judge will have to allow that he's coerced her into changing her story and of course coercion and controlling behaviour are so much more widely recognised these days.

We can't really take the high-ground BCFC having employed Danny Simpson and I have no particular hatred of JB but all I can say that if he did lay even a finger on his wife, he deserves to go down and to lose his job.

Sorry Simon mate this clearly makes you a Gashead in disguise can't be saying anything not entirely critical of them!

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think you have been caught out, I always think that people who put Red in their username are immediately suspicious and err......... 

As you were :whistle:

Okay, if it helps you sleep at night "Port Said Red"

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

You don't really get the point of this thread do you? :dunno:

If the point of this thread is you're more likely to say that the gas paid off the opposition and the referee and all the officials to rig a game than you are to say "they probably won fairly" then that seems a bit silly to me. Like I said I give them credit when they deserve it (rarely) and don't when they don't (most of the time)

10 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Sorry Simon mate this clearly makes you a Gashead in disguise can't be saying anything not entirely critical of them!

Okay, if it helps you sleep at night "Port Said Red"

I don't think I have ever used this before because I hate it but... "Whoosh"!

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

If the point of this thread is you're more likely to say that the gas paid off the opposition and the referee and all the officials to rig a game than you are to say "they probably won fairly" then that seems a bit silly to me. Like I said I give them credit when they deserve it (rarely) and don't when they don't (most of the time)

No, the point of this thread is to mock and laugh at the 15ers. Certainly not to give them credit (whether it's due or not).

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

If you go back through my posts you'll see I've mentioned numerous times why I comment mainly on this thread, I mainly use Not606 for regular City posting. But course saying "oh the bloke clapping the tackle can't have been Barton" or "Barton actually talks about Pearson positively here" it's met with "WELL U MUST BE A SAG." Numerous City fans have pointed out their issues with this thread, I don't particularly care about it but I think, as I've explained numerous times, that I try to be a bit of a devil's advocate and give them credit where it's due. Mean this fully and sincerely, maybe grow up a bit? 

It's kinda funny, took a break from this server cus the last time I got accused of being a sag simply because I said "hey, maybe Joey Barton and Wael aren't engaged in full-scale corruption and maybe they won their game against Scunthorpe fairly" and the response was that I was obviously a dirty sag who was undercover, which is obviously silly

Thou doth protest too much, methinks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Rich said:

And received a life presidency for services to BRFC for his troubles, along with the £2m owed to him and, I have it on good advice tha a plot of land in Filton, also changed hands with AH and the rugby directors receiving that land, to agree the original deal.

If memory serves I'd be careful making such accusation. Didn't the rugby club directors and members consider raising a legal challenge given the deal that eventually saw them lose their asset was never put to the board or members, rather was approved by an individual tasked with running the club? The Rugby Club were done for by a lack of governance, as demonstrated throughout the stand construction fiasco.

Notwithstanding there was something very dodgy about the terms of the relationship with Gas directors, specifically the relatively small amount of investment required to obtain substantive 'step-in' rights plus the 'adjacency' of contract to 'step-in', I recall both rugby members and directors protesting that they'd been 'robbed'. Recall the 'Memorial Stadium Company' was established by 'The Milkman' and used as a conveyance when later issuing shares to the Rugby Club as cover for his investment in the stadium with the all important ability to buy those shares back at issue price should a 'relevant event' occur. That deal was recorded as having occured in the front room of a house in Thornbury, those present being directors of The Memorial Stadium Company, not Rugby Club. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Because it's just stupid, and everytime I post in here someone accuses me of it and eventually it gets very irritating

Out of curiosity, why do you only seem to show up when you think it's time to give them credit? Or have I missed all of your posts mocking them?

I hate Man U, and I have Man U supporting mates, but I wouldn't go on a Man Citys fans forum to give them some sort of credit when it is due. 

Maybe just me, but it certainly seems bizarre.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

The only way to solve this is to go back to the tried and trusted way of finding witches gas heads.  

Throw the witch gas head in a pond, and if they float they’re clearly guilty. 

That wouldn`t work. Their natural aversion to water would cause them to hover above the surface.

It would be even worse if there was some soap in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Out of curiosity, why do you only seem to show up when you think it's time to give them credit? Or have I missed all of your posts mocking them?

I hate Man U, and I have Man U supporting mates, but I wouldn't go on a Man Citys fans forum to give them some sort of credit when it is due. 

Maybe just me, but it certainly seems bizarre.

Well as I said I tend to use the other forum for largely City stuff; I mainly use this for the Dustbin thread. It's just I give them fair dues, it's not necessarily that I give them credit all of the time, it's just I treat them fairly. For example, the other day I went down to the pub to watch the football with one of my Gas mates to watch the Chelsea v Spurs game and he brought up that Rovers (I think) had the most wins out of any team in the 92 in 2022, I think I can say that's quite an impressive achievement. Now, you bring up a decent comparison in United and City, firstly you're not a City fan, the issue I have there is United and City are still far more competitive than Rovers and City are, in the 90s I didn't use to treat them like this cus we were a lot more equal. But at the end of the day we're just a far bigger club and a far better team, the gap in terms of league places is quite low at the moment compared to the past couple years; but in reality the infrastructure, the ownership, the club, the fanbase; we are just absolutely clear of them. City and United are still relatively similar in the grand scheme of things. So if there's ever a time where we play in the same league and are competitive again then I'll probably roll back. At the end of the day they have lower expectations than us, so I'll give them credit for things that if it were City I'd be furious if we didn't do, but that's because we have higher expectations than them. My older posts are a mix of similar posts and posts lambasting them (them using the term victimless crime was a disgrace). 

• Haha 1

Anyone know he that “coming for us”, “gap” stuff has gone this week?

Bet some are still going to post on here they’d beat us if they played us.

There’s a ******* ocean between us these days, even if they can beat Burton Albion.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Anyone know he that “coming for us”, “gap” stuff has gone this week?

Bet some are still going to post on here they’d beat us if they played us.

There’s a ******* ocean between us these days, even if they can beat Burton Albion.

Gotta wait until they sign 6 players this week apparently ????

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

As I remember it, his wife called the police saying her husband had assaulted her, the police arrive and find her with head injuries. It's fairly damning BUT circumstantial and there is no evidence apart from his and hers, unless some  friends who I think were present, also are prepared to testify. 

The interesting thing is what happens if she has to give evidence because if he has hit her and he she says he didn't, she's committing perjury. Of course the judge will have to allow that he's coerced her into changing her story and of course coercion and controlling behaviour are so much more widely recognised these days.

We can't really take the high-ground BCFC having employed Danny Simpson and I have no particular hatred of JB but all I can say that if he did lay even a finger on his wife, he deserves to go down and to lose his job.

Factor in that it was witnessed by Clint Hill's wife, who is being summonsed to Court (allegedly) to give evidence (as a hostile witness) for the prosecution.

That's why Mr Barton & Mr Hill had their lovely parting of the ways

34 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Factor in that it was witnessed by Clint Hill's wife, who is being summonsed to Court (allegedly) to give evidence (as a hostile witness) for the prosecution.

This has been rumoured for a long time, although Mrs Hill wasn't present when the hearing started - maybe she has been summoned as a new witness?  It will be interesting to see who turns up on the re-arranged date.

How many contradictions and how much bullshit in one paragraph from the man? 

"I felt the referee was really poor today for us. Every decision, he decided to give to them and I think it stems out of the nonsense from the manager and the assistant. I was in the stand and I could hear them trying to get Glenn Whelan sent off for a competitive tackle on the edge of the touchline.

"They are screaming and jumping up and maybe it’s because they never played football and maybe that’s how you’re meant to behave, but you shouldn’t be screaming as an opposition manager to get a 91-cap international dismissed from the pitch when he has clearly made contact with the ball. It is a foul, it probably is a yellow card."

There is enough there to dissect to keep this thread going for the next month. 

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

"I felt the referee was really poor today for us. Every decision, he decided to give to them and I think it stems out of the nonsense from the manager and the assistant. I was in the stand and I could hear them trying to get Glenn Whelan sent off for a competitive tackle on the edge of the touchline.

"They are screaming and jumping up and maybe it’s because they never played football and maybe that’s how you’re meant to behave, but you shouldn’t be screaming as an opposition manager to get a 91-cap international dismissed from the pitch when he has clearly made contact with the ball. It is a foul, it probably is a yellow card."

Hang on, is that a rule ?

You get to so many Caps and people can't shout for you to get sent off. I never knew that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Wow!

That is a new (to me) and surprising element and, presumably, one of the reasons the CPS are persevering with the case.

I must say, cynic that I am, I had assumed that, after so many postponements/adjournments the case was going to die a quiet death.

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Hang on, is that a rule ?

You get to so many Caps and people can't shout for you to get sent off. I never knew that. 

I am surprised it's never been mentioned before, maybe it works on a sliding scale.

25 caps - muscle/tendon injury is fine

50 caps - a leg breaker no problem

75+ caps - double fracture is acceptable but probably have to take a yellow.

• Haha 4
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So noted philosopher Joey Barton doesn't know the laws of the game. I'm shocked I tell you.

Contact with the ball is irrelevant, the tackle was reckless, out of control and endangered an opponent. Nothing in the laws says all that doesn't count if you happen to touch the ball in the process.

31 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He is a true lowlife. How the Gash fans think they are so adored when their scumbag manager is such a poor loser is beyond me - I guarantee fans of League One clubs read his comments and think: “I really hope Bristol Rovers get stuffed this week.”

Still, I’m sure their gormless fans are hanging on every word the fool says.

• Like 1