IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

31 minutes ago, Gazred said:

First question on RB post match. "...bar the result, some positives today?"

14 seconds later, blaming the officials ?

Amazing isn't it, nige does it after every game and he is some sort of hero god like man, barton does it and he's a satan.

Bit childish I think

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

Yes am fine. Was heading down to Dorset in car with family when suddenly a Mercedes’ appeared on wrong side of road doing 60mph. Am not sure how I swerved out of a head on collision but thankfully did as not sure would be typing this otherwise.   I’ve no idea how the trailer I was pulling didn’t tip over but the coupler is a bit twisted.. 

Geeze well done for the reaction. Do you have a dashcam? I am considering getting one because these dick heads need to be taken off the road.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Amazing isn't it, nige does it after every game and he is some sort of hero god like man, barton does it and he's a satan.

Bit childish I think

Personally was more about me predicting he would be straight on the officials. Take your point though, it's fair.

25 minutes ago, BetterRedThanBlue said:

Here's the challenge btw. Yellow was lucky imo. Bad first touch, never winning the ball, out of control.

From Sky:

”Joe Piggott and Connor Ogilvie were also on target for the home side but the victory was overshadowed by a suspected broken leg for midfielder Louis Thompson.

Thompson was taken to hospital by ambulance after falling victim to a reckless 18th-minute challenge from Glenn Whelan, who was lucky to escape with just a yellow card.”

6 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The former Bristol Rugby Club chairman effectively did. 

And received a life presidency for services to BRFC for his troubles, along with the £2m owed to him and, I have it on good advice tha a plot of land in Filton, also changed hands with AH and the rugby directors receiving that land, to agree the original deal.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Apparently the Fewers bench were calling the Cowley’s Fraud PE Teachers……

Must be great to be a football coach, who has played the game at the top flight, then take the pee out of other managers who haven't, and call them PE Teachers. But to then get schooled by said PE Teachers takes some sort of special football coach. What does that say about Bartons ability? 

Still, a load of the poor sags will love all that sort of talk from him.

1 minute ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Looking forward to the day he has a go at the wrong bench and comes unstuck, bound to happen sooner or later 

He then gets an expensive lawyer to get him off, like he did with the former Barnsley bloke.

41 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Must be great to be a football coach, who has played the game at the top flight, then take the pee out of other managers who haven't, and call them PE Teachers. But to then get schooled by said PE Teachers takes some sort of special football coach. What does that say about Bartons ability? 

Still, a load of the poor sags will love all that sort of talk from him.

I mean tbf there's only so much you can do. Portsmouth are clearly a far better team than the sags; so Barton could be better than them and still lose simply due to quality of the team.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Unsurprisingly the bloke who reports for them in the Post said Whelan’s challenge wasn’t a red.

The BBC report says he was very lucky to avoid one, it’s basically North Korean reporting from him.

This is a silly comment, Frost said at first glance it doesn't seem like a red, which seems a fair comment to make as he doesn't go in studs up

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

I mean tbf there's only so much you can do. Portsmouth are clearly a far better team than the sags; so Barton could be better than them and still lose simply due to quality of the team.

It doesn't matter. Has Barton said Portsmouth have a superior team? He has called them PE Teachers, which quite frankly is pathetic.

He said Rovers will finish above them if they play 442. Now assuming they played 442 today and it was such a bad formation, then how did they manage 23 shots and 12 corners? Just better players, or set up better? Better management?

Who has managed at the highest level? Are there clubs queuing up after Barton? Didn't Barton say he had one of the biggest budgets in the League - so where are the signings? I am sure everyone in football would love to play for him....

The bloke is a cock, and got well and truly shown up today, so has gone for the deflection tactics with stupid comments.

Shame Cowley didn't say after that it wasn't bad for a PE Teacher, and if he wanted to know how to set up a team he could give him a ring for some advice.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Six new signings this week apparently. Any guesses on how many will actually happen?

I`m going 0.

I wonder if they will finally break their record, or will it be some loans who they give back at the end f the season which generates them a total of eff all when they leave. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, harrys said:

Some bitter comments from Barton about the Crowley brothers along the lines of ‘they’ve never played the game so don’t know what they’re on about

Yet still beat a team managed by a former Premier League player. 

That's awkward :whistle2: