IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

A face like a bulldog licking piss off a stinging nettle...

Are there any other CEO's who behave like this in football...? Running to the fans after an away win?

Can't imagine Richard Gould going banzai because we won away at Accrington... under a bit of pressure perhaps.

They absolutely HAVE to go up this season. He’s in real shit if they don’t 

Really chuckling at the idea of the players going over to our fans at full time at Ewood Park on Saturday only to be greeted with Richard Gould sprinting down the touch line  trying to make it all about him. 

Thank god for the two personalities leading the club at the moment after the bullshit we had to put up with from Johnson and Ashton for so long.

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, petehinton said:

When I saw that result it prompted me to look up Lincoln’s form. I hadn’t paid much notice since they scored 6 the other side of Bristol.

Turns out yesterday was their first win since then, so looks like they have brilliant and bad games but I think I can guess which one will turn up at Ashton Gate in a few weeks 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Tonight playing in their third kit designed by ed Sheeran despite being at home. 

No doubt Ashton involved. 

To be fair they are doing very well in the league 

9 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I wondered why they were wearing all black.

He was full of his usual self on radio earlier

Apparently wearing their ‘Ed Sheeran’ black kit as they wanted to do something ‘spectacular’ for the Sky game tonight.....

Yes, I know......

He did claim they’d sold 10-11000 black replica shirts and around 30000 across the three kits - If true that’s pretty impressive 

They’ve also shifted 8000 pairs of seven finger gloves 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Tonight playing in their third kit designed by ed Sheeran despite being at home. 

No doubt Ashton involved. 

To be fair they are doing very well in the league 

Ashton very much involved. I live locally and he popped up on the local news tonight to remind us what a good job he is doing. Thankfully I had just finished eating.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Tyna said:

Ashton very much involved. I live locally and he popped up on the local news tonight to remind us what a good job he is doing. Thankfully I had just finished eating.  

Was in Wroxham for a few days and saw an Ipswich shirter - apologised for sending Ashton over and told him I was gutted for his Club.  He looked confused. The penny hasn’t dropped yet, clearly.

By the way, ‘kin hell, a long way from anywhere is the Norwich area - particularly Devon! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Was in Wroxham for a few days and saw an Ipswich shirter - apologised for sending Ashton over and told him I was gutted for his Club.  He looked confused. The penny hasn’t dropped yet, clearly.

By the way, ‘kin hell, a long way from anywhere is the Norwich area - particularly Devon! 

Does Roy still own everything in Wroxham?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Tyna said:

Did he unleash some serious corporate jargon and use the platform of television to power a few red hot buzz phrases directly into local living rooms? 

Watched the last 25 minutes or so, thought it was a really poor standard game.

Both sides seemed to be in a competition to give the ball back to each other.

I’m not saying every Championship game is a great standard but this looked to be well adrift of it.

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

I still don’t understand why they played in their 3rd kit at home? And what was meant to be so special about the kit? It was just black. What was the story here? 

Heard something about a superstition that their record on Sky is terrible when they play at home (in blue) so they changed to it?

Believe it is the one designed by Ed Sheeran?

Just weird.

Edited by GrahamC