IGNORED

Nigel Press Conference Pre Swansea

And Its Smith

I am not sure who the second journalist is but Nigel is not a fan!  Seems that wherever he works marked Klose low out of 10 versus Blackpool and Pearson has NOT forgotten about it!  He is then short with him when he asks why our home and away form has reversed.

Bit of a cringe one but the questions Pearson has to face are dull as dishwater in the main.  Questions mainly about availability of players.  One question was whether Massengo will have a training session prior to Sunday.  I'm amazed that journalists can't think of better questions to ask. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

I am not sure who the second journalist is but Nigel is not a fan!  Seems that wherever he works marked Klose low out of 10 versus Blackpool and Pearson has NOT forgotten about it!  He is then short with him when he asks why our home and away form has reversed.

Bit of a cringe one but the questions Pearson has to face are dull as dishwater in the main.  Questions mainly about availability of players.  One question was whether Massengo will have a training session prior to Sunday.  I'm amazed that journalists can't think of better questions to ask. 

I reckon he intimidates them a bit, and they end up gibbering and asking stupid questions. 

Nige is a spikey ****** to be fair ?

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1

5 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I reckon he intimidates them a bit, and they end up gibbering and asking stupid questions. 

I get the impression that our Nige doesn’t suffer fools gladly and from the pressers I’ve seen that’s pretty much all of em! 
To be fair they do ask some proper crappy questions most of the time, bound to annoy!….:yawn:

• Like 2

I gotta be honest, I cringe sometimes with how he responds to the questions?

The majority is probably fair as some of the questions are tedious. It’s the same dull cliche questions over and over…

If somebody picks up or loses form, they always ask “Can you put your finger on what’s changed these last few weeks?” Or some shite like that.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Pretty sure that's Richard Forrester, the upgrade on Gregor at the Post, judging by the Midlands accent. I thought that was funny.

Big hint that Josh Owers will be in the 18 on Sunday IMO.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Bit like when they had the daily Covid briefings and the journalists were desperate to ask a question - just any question, regardless of the fact the answer was already in the public domain  or worse, asked by the previous journalist!

Apart from the standard questions any of us amateurs could ask, the ‘professional’ sports journalist really should be capable of asking something unique that has happened to the team or players that week.

I’m glad Nige gives them short shrift, I wouldn’t even have the patience he has to perform in the media circus every week. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Bit like when they had the daily Covid briefings and the journalists were desperate to ask a question - just any question, regardless of the fact the answer was already in the public domain  or worse, asked by the previous journalist!

Id love to see Nige be interviewed by that floppy fop Robert Peston. Comedy gold

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

I thought he started off really upbeat, but as @tinsaid, the second guy was Richard Forrester from Bristol Post (recently replaced Gregor).  I’ve been impressed with his written stuff (not that I’m any judge).  Nige appeared to have it in for him today from that point.  At least Nige reads the Post, there’s always a plus!

44 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Interesting comments about Jamie Patterson and players having shelf lives at clubs.

CoD.

Got to say, I was surprised re Pato, I’d have thought he’d have liked to kept him, but appears not.

30 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

he's got potential, but still a way to go to this:

God, how I miss the great Brian Clough. Now there was a real character and wish we had that in the game now, but they broke the mould after him.

He’d give journo’s and the football authorities a hard time, but you wouldn’t find any of his teams cheating.  He had real footballing principles!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Watching Nige’s interview followed by Klose’s interview, they are chalk and cheese.

The journo’s would have certainly enjoyed the latter more. Timm was open. engaging and charming to listen to, Nige, not so much.

Just said on another thread how impressed all round I am with Klose. 

Chatting to a Norwich season ticket holder and he said Klose was very popular in and around the club as a player on the pitch and the work he did around the area .

• Like 3

3 hours ago, frenchred said:

They are doing their jobs and he should ******* do his and answer the questions put to him.

Just admit it, he boils your piss and you want him out the club, so much so that what you bollock him for not doing is what he actually did..............shame for you he isn't going anywhere mind.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Denbury Red said:

Nige doesn’t suffer fools gladly - so surely a competent reporter would know that and prepare good open questions for him to answer - if they don’t then they deserve what they get!

And the second two got what they deserved!!

That last one (the Welsh bloke from Bristol World) is absolutely ******* rubbish.

Every question I have ever heard him ask is shit, he actually asked Klose today if he thought every out of contract player should be prepared to go on trial, like he did.

How on earth is he meant to answer a question like that? Why does he think Klose speaks for them? Plus what would either answer he gave (has to be yes or no) even tell anyone? 

Nige sussed out very early on that he’s awful, so gives him even shorter shrift than the others.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I prefer Curtis Fleming doing the press conferences. He goes into quite a bit of detail on things.

I agree. NP gives the impression that he doesn’t want to be there, and is the master of saying nothing. Often described as “telling it like it is” to me often just means stating the bleeding obvious or just telling us what everyone on here is saying anyway. Not terribly insightful. CF on the other hand…..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

So he should just chat bollocks to a journalist asking shit questions should he. **** that 

I didn't really see anything wrong with the guy's questions. It just seems he has a massive downer on the Post because of its player ratings and maybe some of the more speculative transfer stories. But that's local papers. They are the same everywhere. You gotta be thick-skinned and say "they are playing their game, I'm playing mine".

He had similar views about the Leicester Mercury as numerous snarling press conferences can attest. Didn't like the Watford Observer either.

You've just got to be a bit more professional in how you deal with people who are asking questions at press conferences.  They are trying to do a job and it's your job to deal with these Q&As.

And at the end of the day, local media covering football helps rather than hinders interest in the game.  It's in the club's interest to have the paper's interest, even a paper as bad as the BP.

And in any job if you piss people off when you are doing well, you may find they are not inclined to be charitable when you aren't. 

• Like 8