IGNORED

Leroy Lita <many Many Merges>

Hot Rod

He's not out of contract until the end of next season, he definitely has a year left.

Under 24 doesn't mean a lot when the player wasn't trained by the club. They'd get far, far less than the £1m they paid for him so we'd get nothing. And I thought the rules are worded something like "the latter of the players 23rd birthday or the end of the season during which that birthday occurs".

Guest churchill gaffer
He's not out of contract until the end of next season, he definitely has a year left.

Under 24 doesn't mean a lot when the player wasn't trained by the club. They'd get far, far less than the £1m they paid for him so we'd get nothing. And I thought the rules are worded something like "the latter of the players 23rd birthday or the end of the season during which that birthday occurs".

I hope your right!!!!!

And the Western Daily Press has it wrong!!!!!!!

If we get nothing this time then we wil have to hope he eventually does the business and one the really big guns comes in for him as the sell on clause works wherever he ends up during his career, it is a ad infinitum sell on on clause.

So say his contract expires with Reading when he's 25, he then signs for Blackburn for a free transfer, bangs a load of goals in and Chelsea decide to buy him for £10 million. Surely we wouldn't get a cut of that money would we?

So say his contract expires with Reading when he's 25, he then signs for Blackburn for a free transfer, bangs a load of goals in and Chelsea decide to buy him for £10 million. Surely we wouldn't get a cut of that money would we?

No, we wouldn't.

The only way that these clauses accumulate is if Reading impose a similar clause on a club who buys him from them. If that club goes on and sells him they get some money, we get our cut of that.

When we sold Ade Akinbiyi to Wolves for £3.5m we had to give Gillingham about £760k (30%).

When Wolves sold him to Leicester for £5m we got about £450k from our sell on, and had to give Gills 30% of that.

If the player moves on a free and there's no transfer contract it ends there.

Basically, the only way we will get money from Lita is if he moves for over £1m this summer or January 09 or he signs a new contract and moves for over £1m in the future. Anything else and we won't.

No, we wouldn't.

The only way that these clauses accumulate is if Reading impose a similar clause on a club who buys him from them. If that club goes on and sells him they get some money, we get our cut of that.

When we sold Ade Akinbiyi to Wolves for £3.5m we had to give Gillingham about £760k (30%).

When Wolves sold him to Leicester for £5m we got about £450k from our sell on, and had to give Gills 30% of that.

Basically, the only way we will get money from Lita is if he moves for over £1m this summer or January 09 or he signs a new contract and moves for over £1m in the future. Anything else and we won't.

NIBOR your knowledge is good, don't get me wrong, but do you get out much?

No, we wouldn't.

I asked the question to Steven Lansdown at the open day 2006 and he stated that whenever a player was sold no matter how many times then BCFC would still get their sell on.

I asked the question to Steven Lansdown at the open day 2006 and he stated that whenever a player was sold no matter how many times then BCFC would still get their sell on.

Yep that's right but if he moves on a free he's not sold.

He's entitled to a free transfer next summer unless he signs a new deal which looks highly unlikely.

It will be peanuts then. SO WE REALLY NEED TO TRY AND GET HIM!

Surely if you don't pay the massive fee you would have to pay, we can add the fee to his wages!

He probibly still won't want to come.

WHY? Bloke is a complete arsehole, will upset everyone, #######

WHY? Bloke is a complete arsehole, will upset everyone, #######

How do you know that? we have a couple of jailbirds in the team as it is but they are reformed characters, i would be delighted to see Leroy back in the red of City, and actually when i met him a few years back he was really nice, stopped for a few minutes to pose for pictures despite the fact he was in a rush, (he was looking for Clayton Fortune).

How do you know that? we have a couple of jailbirds in the team as it is but they are reformed characters, i would be delighted to see Leroy back in the red of City, and actually when i met him a few years back he was really nice, stopped for a few minutes to pose for pictures despite the fact he was in a rush, (he was looking for Clayton Fortune).

Wouldn't want to spell it for on this site. Let's just say that a few City players would not like to see him back.

Are you talking about the same Lita that was bashing his team mates in the centre? At least our jail birds were fighting on the same side...I cannot possibly see GJ welcoming this arrogant **** back with open arms can you?

Wouldn't want to spell it for on this site. Let's just say that a few City players would not like to see him back.

Are you talking about the same Lita that was bashing his team mates in the centre? At least our jail birds were fighting on the same side...I cannot possibly see GJ welcoming this arrogant **** back with open arms can you?

The irony in that post is quite funny :icecream:

Maybe, but ask yourself this, why did GJ give Scotty another contract? For his football or for his presence with the rest of the squad?

Enter Leroy!

We'll have to agree to disagree but i'd love to see Leroy in a City shirt purely based on his footballing skills although i know from some of the incidents he's been involved in he's certainly no saint, he has done some pretty awful things but if he ends up in a City shirt i hope our fans see the positives.

We'll have to agree to disagree but i'd love to see Leroy in a City shirt purely based on his footballing skills although i know from some of the incidents he's been involved in he's certainly no saint, he has done some pretty awful things but if he ends up in a City shirt i hope our fans see the positives.

I agree with you that he is one hell of a player, I just don't think he will fit in with this regime, I could be wrong though.

Didn't SL put in a cheeky bid last season?

I hope to god that GJ is going to sort his attitude and his issues out.

He caused enough trouble the last time.

Here, here, and a view a Reading Fan I know heartily endorsed. Talent, but tantrums.

Archived