IGNORED

Leroy Lita <many Many Merges>

Hot Rod

no offence to the original poster (or anyone that has replied) but i cant believe a rumour that has come from a random lorry driver has caused this much interest!!

I can :unsure: everyone is looking for something to talk about re City.

SL defo enquired about Lita in March, he stated that on Radio Bristol at the time.

not forgetting ones that didn't make the news.

I wouldn't want him, hate his attitude and off the field persona.

Then again, he is a bloody nightmare to play against.

Luckily i'm not the manager; in GJ we trust!!!

Thing is, we don't know why Coppell froze Lita out for much of last season. Might not have been anything to do with his behaviour off the field. And when was the last time he was in trouble? Can't say I've seen anything recently.

Lita's attitude on the pitch always looks spot on to me. It's in his interests to settle down now and really kick start his career. If he disturbs the camp then he's out the door - simple.

I hope we sign him personally, don't think there is anyone out there better and for the money. Surely a couple of Prem clubs or 'big' clubs in this league must be looking as well though.

###### me ive read some s**t in my time but this thread takes the biscuit, How many of you who are commenting on lita have actually seen with your own eyes him playing up? I'm sure some of you have but i bet the % of you giving him a good slating are just going along with the "hes got a bad attitude so i don't want him at our club" brigade.

We have 2 players playing for us who actually served a prison sentance due to scrapping in town (i still don't think they should have beeen sent down but thats another debate) and GJ has managed to sort them out so much that B Orr has come from nowhere to the best right back in the division.

For all of you who hate lita if we had had him last season we would be lining up against Man U at some point next season thats for sure.

have actually seen with your own eyes him playing up?

yes!! on a few occasions

I was a dj on bristol's waterfront for over 6 years and seen it all, players of city, gas, rugby and england

cricket team out on the lash in that time.

but out of respect i won't post what i know and it's not all shit.

yes!! on a few occasions

I was a dj on bristol's waterfront for over 6 years and seen it all, players of city, gas, rugby and england

Was he a gun-toting warlord??? Go on 'fess up. He shot the place up didn't he??!!! :fingerscrossed:

yes!! on a few occasions

has anyone ever actually seen him wearing a gold dummy

on a chain around his neck?

has anyone ever actually seen him wearing a gold dummy

on a chain around his neck?

Apparently Lita wears a crown and only travels in a solid gold horse-drawn carriage from which he throws rocks at poor people (and Scott Murray...).

I heard it from a re-liar-bull source... :innocent06:

Not keen on getting Leroy back.

When I've seen him on the box this last season, whether for Reading, England U.21's or Charlton he hasn't impressed me at all.

Lots of huff and puff, selfish shooting and misses, plus the odd goal.

Not sure that he's progressed at all since leaving City so why should we consider paying near on twice as much to get him back? Then there's the wages.......

His off field misdemeanours seem to continue unabated and if a manager with the experience and integrity of Steve Coppell can't bring the best out of him it may be that no one can. One bad apple can have a big effect on the dressing room and there ARE other players out there who would be less of a risk.

If possible I'd go for Maynard, brought up properly by Dario Gradi at Crewe and a real prospect for next season and beyond.

I have a couple of quality Lita stories, if the right price was to come along from the right newspaper...

:innocent06:

:noexpression:

If it's the one about how he boshed someone with solid gold nun-chucks in a waterfront bar merely because the guy had stepped on the tail of his fur coat...we've heard it all before!! :disapointed2se:

Guest DanC
yes but this thread has escalated into topics such as who has decided to sign him, how he will fit in, how much we will have to pay etc

it may not be true!!

What are his wages and how long will the contract be?

If we're serious about promotion, and I think GJ and SL are, we may well have to pay 2M to get the right people.

If we are serious about promotion, were shouldn't be targetting players like Tyson (Mirror today) and Offilong (Hamilton striker, The Star today)!! I know they are rumours, but I feel Lita is the type of player we should be going for.

Earnshaw is joining Forest for 2.5mill, 2 mill for Lita is about the going rate

Not keen on getting Leroy back.

When I've seen him on the box this last season, whether for Reading, England U.21's or Charlton he hasn't impressed me at all.

Lots of huff and puff, selfish shooting and misses, plus the odd goal.

Not sure that he's progressed at all since leaving City so why should we consider paying near on twice as much to get him back? Then there's the wages.......

His off field misdemeanours seem to continue unabated and if a manager with the experience and integrity of Steve Coppell can't bring the best out of him it may be that no one can. One bad apple can have a big effect on the dressing room and there ARE other players out there who would be less of a risk.

If possible I'd go for Maynard, brought up properly by Dario Gradi at Crewe and a real prospect for next season and beyond.

I understand what your saying regarding Lita and his on and off the pitch maturity but as Johnson tried to get him in on loan in January he obviously rates him.

Some fans have doubts about Lita - mostly it has to be said regarding his antics when out clubbing.However the bottom line is that by now we should have learned to trust Johnsons judgement when it comes to signing players.Apart from the odd dodgy loanee's his signings have been pretty good.

Johnson is also very protective of the unity within the squad and wouldn't jepordise that by signing anyone who might sabotage it.If he does sign Lita then he must very sure that Lita won't turn out to be a 'bad apple'.Lets not forget that Lita already knows some of the City players like Carey, Murray and Skuse which would be a great help in him settling back in to the club. Lita also likes Bristol as a place and probably coming back to City would be like coming home.

If he does sign for City I can see it turning out to be a beneficial move for everyone.No doubt about Lita's eye for goal and we all know that City need a goalscorer.

I understand what your saying regarding Lita and his on and off the pitch maturity but as Johnson tried to get him in on loan in January he obviously rates him.

Some fans have doubts about Lita - mostly it has to be said regarding his antics when out clubbing.However the bottom line is that by now we should have learned to trust Johnsons judgement when it comes to signing players.Apart from the odd dodgy loanee's his signings have been pretty good.

Johnson is also very protective of the unity within the squad and wouldn't jepordise that by signing anyone who might sabotage it.If he does sign Lita then he must very sure that Lita won't turn out to be a 'bad apple'.Lets not forget that Lita already knows some of the City players like Carey, Murray and Skuse which would be a great help in him settling back in to the club. Lita also likes Bristol as a place and probably coming back to City would be like coming home.

If he does sign for City I can see it turning out to be a beneficial move for everyone.No doubt about Lita's eye for goal and we all know that City need a goalscorer.

:clapping: Couldn't agree more Robbored

I certainly trust GJ's judgement but listening to the attempted loan move story after the January transfer window I somehow got the impression that it may have been more SL's brainchild than GJ's.

A temporary move to give City the best chance of ensuring promotion with only a short term effect, if any, on the dressing room. Nullified anyway by the excitement of our position.Then see how he settles in and sign permanently for the Premier League, if promoted, and the more mature Leroy proved to be a character who fitted into GJ's philosophy. As for his possible wish 'to come home', it's strange that Leroy apparently favoured a move to Charlton instead of City.

My impression could be completely wrong of course, and if GJ now thinks Leroy is the best available young forward and a character who he can mould positively to benefit all concerned then so be it.

I'd still be concerned that GJ appears unforgiving of those who step out of line and the possibility of having a 2.5m forward frozen out for a period to teach him a hard lesson seems a real possibility.

If he signs I'll back GJ's judgement, and Leroy himself, but I'd still be concerned about wages and would be actively comparing Leroy's progress and goalscoring with other possible targets, like Maynard, next season.

It's usually, if not always, better not to revisit old players and though Leroy could return and be a smash hit on the field and a great ambassador for the club off it, weighing everything up I still hope GJ brings in a genuinely fresh signing.

Guest churchill gaffer

Don't know if anybody has said this yet!

But accordingly to the news paper, Lita is out of contract and free to go where he wants!

The only way we will now get a sell on is if Lita signs a new contract with Reading!

Can't remember which newspaper it was, as I've read so many today.

But i'm sure it was the western daily press. 5 pages from back.

Don't know if anybody has said this yet!

But accordingly to the news paper, Lita is out of contract and free to go where he wants!

The only way we will now get a sell on is if Lita signs a new contract with Reading!

Can't remember which newspaper it was, as I've read so many today.

But i'm sure it was the western daily press. 5 pages from back.

He's under 24, so Reading will be entitled to something.

Guest churchill gaffer
He's under 24, so Reading will be entitled to something.

It will be peanuts then. SO WE REALLY NEED TO TRY AND GET HIM!

Surely if you don't pay the massive fee you would have to pay, we can add the fee to his wages!

He probibly still won't want to come.

Archived