Kranjcar CRO

Ballack GER ©

Deco POR

-------------------

Torres ESP

Benzema FRA

Baros CZE

Sub: Kallstrom SWE

Ok, the league will close to new applicants when I leave work tomorrow around 5pm.

EDIT: The first game isn't actually until Saturday at 5pm so those of you still tempted to add to the 67 of us participating at this moment in time have until I role in from the pub tomorrow night to get your teams in. I would close it on Saturday afternoon but I'm off to the Epsom for the Derby early doors and won't get a chance to do it. The pre-tournament odds will be done once the league is shut.

:englandflag:

I've not got a clue, but not one to be left out I've joined with team selection done by RedMJnr except for I chose Torres cos I like his song and Vennegoor of Hesselink as it's a great name!!! :D

About 71 teams now by the way!!!

I've not got a clue, but not one to be left out I've joined with team selection done by RedMJnr except for I chose Torres cos I like his song and Vennegoor of Hesselink as it's a great name!!! :D

Brilliant! And I've prepared odds based on my opinion of the squads I've seen for the 27 of you that have revealed your teams which shall be unveiled when the league closes tonight. Those of you who've decided to keep your team under wraps will be at a generic price.

Just as long as you're all aware this is only for fun and banter purposes only as I shant be paying out on any of these prices! :shifty:

None of us are taken in by your Little Miss 'Oooh I don't know what I'm doing' routine in these sort of competitions anymore. :tongue:

None of us are taken in by your Little Miss 'Oooh I don't know what I'm doing' routine in these sort of competitions anymore. :tongue:

'fraid it's true. I didn't pick Ronaldo as I just don't like him. There was a few more but I couldn't afford them. I had too many from Spain & Portugal, and some countries I don't like either, not in a racist way but because they have 'upset' England in the past!

That's how it's done isn't it? :cool2:

Čech

Puyol©

Lahm

Zambrotta

Carvalho

Ljungberg

Deco

Malouda

Robben

Torres

Vennegoor of Hesselink

Sub: Baroš

Its team tweaking time!!!!

Cant seem to edit my original post, is there a way??

GK-Van der sar (swapped for Cech)

DF-Evra

DF-Mellberg

DF-Pepe (swapped for Carvalho)

DF-Senderos

MF-Ronaldo

MF-Kranjkar

MF-Fabregas

MF-Gattuso

CF-Torres

CF-Benzema (swapped for Ibrahimovic)

CF-Samaras

The OTIB European Cup is now shut to new entries.

We have 84 teams in the competition so thanks so for the superb response. I didn't think that many of you would be up for it so well done.

As promised, I have drawn up some controversial pre-tournament odds (due to boredom at work today) based on my opinion of the squads that have been revealed on this thread. These are purely for banter purposes and aren't real so here goes nothing...

FC Always Believe 10/3F

The Underachievers 4/1

Bcfc_4_Life 9/2

Ecko 9/2

Poetry in Motion 5/1

Fij-ain XI 11/2

Bristolian Benders 6/1

Team RedM 7/1

BCFC Grim 7/1

Evy11 BCFC 7/1

Natch Attack 15/2

Bryan Munich FC 8/1

The DrEamers 8/1

Team Tornege 9/1

Eastenders 9/1

Bcfcedson 10/1

Team Warbz FC 10/1

Deeper Red 10/1

Ribsbcfc 10/1

Team Espaella 11/1

Blit's Belters 11/1

Evans FC 12/1

Brian Peppers FC 12/1

Williton Ciderheads 12/1

DCFC 14/1

Basso’s Brazilians 16/1

WarksRed 18/1

Collis FC 20/1

Keynsham Believers 20/1

Crasul19 22/1

Discuss and may the best team win! :winner_third_h4h:

Good job Espaella has been tinkered with then! Although I don't think much of those odds, trying to rip the punter off big time!!

Tin, you seem like a fair man, so hows about a straight wager? Tenner says my team beats yours?

No chance! I don't know what you've tinkered it to! A can of Natch on the opening day maybe and you could be on... :innocent06:

any tips for the derby then tin?

Afraid not. I've got an each way hunch with Kandahar Run but think Casual Conquest will take some beating. It's far too open to call though and I'm not as good at tipping the flats as I am the fences.

Afraid not. I've got an each way hunch with Kandahar Run but think Casual Conquest will take some beating. It's far too open to call though and I'm not as good at tipping the flats as I am the fences.

thats the trouble with big meets there a bit of a lottery tbh

thats the trouble with big meets there a bit of a lottery tbh

Too true ribs. Each way on Kandahar at 20's looks good though as I expect that price to tumble come the morning.

Right, I'm off to bed for the early start. Beware FC Always Believe, the pressure's firmly on the pre-tournament favourites! ;)

Yeah cracking stuff. Less than an hour until the tournament kicks off now, and I'm dead excited. Hopefully my boys Baros and Koller can bang a few in during the first game and backup my odds of 5/1!

Shame Baros isn't starting. I've got Koller up front, and have replaced Baros with that Russian fella.

Wouldn't imagine that anyone's got him to be honest, even before his injury they were pretty unlikely to get through to the knockout stages, so he'd only play 3 games maximum.

Very disappointed to see Koller go off (even though he was a waste of space). Not a great start for my strikeforce.

Archived