IGNORED

Euro 2008 Fantasy Football

tin

'Poetry in Motion' moved a step closer to securing the inaugral OTIB European Cup after the Quarter Finals.

Going into the last three games of the tournament, Si Aston's side now hold an imposing 15-point lead over nearest rivals Espaella who reclaimed second spot.

With the finish line in sight, the race is very much on for runner-up with only 9-points separating second to fifth and less than 20-points down to tenth. Makes for an interesting finale.

move_same.gif 1 Poetry in Motion 224

move_up.gif 2 Espaella 209

move_up.gif 3 Evans F C 205

move_up.gif 4 Ciderland 203

move_down.gif 5 Bryan Munich FC 202

move_down.gif 6 McClaren's no hopers 200

move_down.gif 7 tornege 193

move_up.gif 8 Natch Attack 191

move_down.gif 9 Basso's Believers 185

move_up.gif 10 Bristol Red Sox 185

Can't imagine I got anything tonight really, only had Torres (who was gobshite) and Zambrotta (clean sheet I guess).

*Edit: just saw the table and I consolidated. It's not all over yet though, still three games to go.

The logical next step is to stick in a hatful of Germans. Anyone see Terim's quote about potentially having to play a keeper outfield? Talk about a desperate situation!

The other game is harder to call in terms of which players are likely to shine. Torres and Villa looked off the pace and the Russians have shorn up defensively so I can't see the two front men running riot like they did a couple of weeks ago.

It's getting to the stage where I don't think we'll see significant differences between many people's performances after each match. A lot of people will pick the same players now simply because we're running short on teams.

Complete change of team after tonights result, gone for 6 Germans and 5 Spaniards despite the fact I think Russia will give them a good game. Team for the semi's is:

Lehmann

Ramos

Mertesacker

Lahm

Capdevila

Schweinsteiger

Fabregas (Hoping he'll play after his performance tonight, if not i'll wildcard him out)

Ballack

Torres

Podolski ©

Villa

it's about ten minutes to go until the first of the semi-finals and Poetry in Motion have gone German. It's either a huge gamble or a logical move depending on which way you see the game going.

Team for the semis:

Lehmann;

Metzelder, Anyukov, Lahm;

Hitzlsperger, Fabregas, Ballack, Schweinsteiger;

Arshavin, Torres, Klose;

Sub: Sergio Ramos.

(Through gritted teeth...) Come on the Germans!

I had whole German back 5.What a joke. Lehmann you clown. Well now my competition is over. Come on the Truks.

Aye, I had Lehmann and Metzelder. I'm sure, like me, you would have got out of jail with Lahm though: goal and assist, despite conceding the two goals. Lehmann made plenty of saves so should get 2 or 3 points too. I took a chance on a whole German team and wasn't too happy at the end, but then I examined it I realised that:

Lahm: goal and assist,

Schweinsteiger: goal,

Hitzlsperger: assist,

Klose: goal.

Ballack (foolishly made captain) had a cack night (as did most of the Germans in fairness, but least they had points to show for it). I've got Anyukov, Arshavin, Ramos, Fabregas and Torres tomorrow, so as long as I'm still ahead in the rankings I'll be happy.

It's hard to pick a man of the match from the game. Who got it? Anyone know?

I also went with Lehmann last night despite my head saying he always loses the plot in the huge games. What a decision that proved to be! :noexpression:

Natch Attack: Lehmann, Lahm, Capdevila, Anyukov, Puyol, Schweinsteiger, Ballack, Zyryanov, Villa, Klose ©, Podolski. SUB: Fabregas.

Had a decent first match with 42pts on the board with five more to go tonight. Hopefully that'll see me move into the top five with one to play seeing as only 4pts separate Tornege in second spot and me in eighth. It's been a cracking competition.

Archived