IGNORED

Euro 2008 Fantasy Football

tin

come on klose ffs.

made captain tonight because he's 'due a goal'

:fingerscrossed:

He was my skipper as well for this round for the very same reason! He doesn't look the same in this tournament as he did at previous World Cup's and that. Dunno whether to axe him cos he is 'due'. :gaah:

He was my skipper as well for this round for the very same reason! He doesn't look the same in this tournament as he did at previous World Cup's and that. Dunno whether to axe him cos he is 'due'. :gaah:

I stuck him in on the basis he was playing against Austria, and they don't come much easier than that. In between playing Pro 5 I heard him miss at least three chances (not discounting the Gomez shocker) and I was ruing the fact I'd put him in.

Luckily for me I also replaced Deco with Ballack, who I decided on making captain. Every cloud :innocent06:

Haven't done a league table update for a while but Taunton City's Ciderland have been knocked off top spot after only one day at the summit with Si Aston's Poetry in Motion taking on the mantle.

move_up.gif 1 Poetry in Motion 162

move_down.gif 2 tornege 158

move_down.gif 3 McClaren's no hopers 156

move_up.gif 4 Ciderland 154

move_down.gif 5 Evans F C 147

move_up.gif 6 Dod's XII 142

move_up.gif 7 Natch Attack 141

move_down.gif 8 Basso's Believers 139

move_down.gif 9 Bryan Munich FC 138

move_down.gif 10 Eurovin' a Laugh 129

All very Klose with everything to play for. :tumbleweed:

PS - We now have the 66th best league in Europe out of 22,000+ :winner_third_h4h: We got to try and make top 20.

With 4 players tonight I'm still very much in the hunt!!! Will sort my Q-finals team out tonight!!

I've got 3 going tonight that I know of. Could use a points boost to close that little gap between a Champions League place and a UEFA Cup place.

It's like the Championship table for much of last season! I'm shocked to still be at the top, I didn't have anyone playing last night and felt sure people would overtake. I've got Ibrahimovic, Mellberg, Akinfeev and Ignashevic tonight so I'm hoping for a hat-trick for Zlatan, twenty saves from Igor, and a headed goal each from Olof and Sergei.

Not the best of rounds for me, scoring only 30 points and dropping to about 4th in the league. Have made all of my changes already, so my next team for the next round is:

Buffon

Ramos

Mertesacker

Pepe

Ronaldo ©

Sneijder

Kuyt

Srna

Torres

Podolski

Villa

Sub - Corluka

I may use my wildcard on Podolski because he's doubtful for the Quarter-Finals and may also replace Ronaldo as skipper as I can see the Portugal/Germany game being tight.

Inspired wildcard change replacing Torres with Guiza helped Paella up the table.

Now I'm unsure what to do for the next round. Try and spread the risk like Evy seems to have by having strikers playing against his goaly, or go for it and have 4 defenders from the same team for example.

Edit: I may go with something like:

Pletikosa (Croatia)

Pranjic (Croatia)

Ferreira (Portugal)

Pepe (Portugal)

Carvalho (Portugal)

Modric (Croatia)

Sneijder (Holland)

Ronaldo (Portugal)

Arshavin (Russia)

Van Nisterooy (Holland)

Torres (Spain)

High risk strategy!

Natch Attack have unveiled no less than five new changes for the quarter-finals.

In a bid to close the 29-point gap opened up by leaders 'Poetry in Motion', a new keeper, a new defender, two new midfielders and a new striker have been brought to Natch Hill for one last tilt at the title.

Van Der Sar, Pranjic, Modric, Ballack and Podolski were all unveiled today though the manager is uncertain how to fit so many top drawer stars into the starting eleven before tonight's deadline.

Ciderland manager Chris Brown has confirmed his Q-Final starting line up......

Buffon

Pepe

Van Bronckhorst

Boulahrouz

Ronaldo

Sneijder

Ballack

Arda Turan

Arshavin

Villa

Nihat Kahveci

Taking a big risk with sticking with my turks who got me 35 points in Group game 4....

Ciderland manager Chris Brown has confirmed his Q-Final starting line up......

Buffon

Pepe

Van Bronckhorst

Boulahrouz

Ronaldo

Sneijder

Ballack

Arda Turan

Arshavin

Villa

Nihat Kahveci

Taking a big risk with sticking with my turks who got me 35 points in Group game 4....

I reckon you should be alright, the Croatia vs. Turkey game will be pretty close. I'm really stuck on my strikers as only Ibrahimovic has performed at a decent level and I've now got to replace him and Koller, and I think I'll switch Klose out too. I'm waiting until the teams for tonight are announced, even though we can all be quite sure what they'll be, before making my changes. Here's to extending my nine-point lead by 2145! Or later if pens obviously... Does anyone know whether penalties count at all towards points (i.e. if a keeper saves or a player scores/misses)? I'd imagine not but best to check.

Podolski is starting.

Ibrahimovic and Koller have been sacked from striking duties, replaced by Torres and van Persie. Zambrotta comes in for Mellberg, Modric replaces his compatriot Kranjcar and Ronaldo returns on the right wing in place of Quaresma. Deco or Ballack was my main dilemma, and opted for Ballack to give me a balance of two Portuguese and two Germans.

Williton Ciderheads have made some drastic changes in an attempt to claw its way up the league table.

The starting team is now:

Van Der Sar

Pepe Pranjic Corluka

Ronaldo Ballack Sneijder Kuyt

Torres Podolski Villa

Captains armband has been given to Villa for this round... :fingerscrossed:

Well there goes the universal Ronaldo dilemma! Should we have him, shouldn't we have him...

I'd say not. If this man wants to be regarded as the best player ever, or even the best in the world, he needed to perform on the international stage. During three tournaments he hasn't done so.

Well there goes the universal Ronaldo dilemma! Should we have him, shouldn't we have him...

I'd say not. If this man wants to be regarded as the best player ever, or even the best in the world, he needed to perform on the international stage. During three tournaments he hasn't done so.

Fair point Si. My loyalty towards giving Klose the armband, as per the last three games, wore off tonight. Ronaldo donned it instead. He was back to being a diving, wining, cheating, impetuous little prick tonight and I'm glad he finally knows how I felt sat in Gelsenkirchen two years ago.

I hope Croatia or Holland go on and lift it now. I'm up to fifth now coincidentally... :whistle2:

No idea how I've done tonight, too much cider to make any sense of numbers, but Ronaldo being captain sounds like a mistake to me. Does his shot prior to Nuno Gomes' goal count as an assist? I think it should.

Still, what a disappointment he was. Neutralised by, frankly, a poor German team. I'm a Man Utd fan and I genuinely can't see us missing him when he goes to Madrid. I was convinced he'd go in a few years but I hope it's sooner rather than later so we can get the best price.

No idea how I've done tonight, too much cider to make any sense of numbers, but Ronaldo being captain sounds like a mistake to me. Does his shot prior to Nuno Gomes' goal count as an assist? I think it should.

Still, what a disappointment he was. Neutralised by, frankly, a poor German team. I'm a Man Utd fan and I genuinely can't see us missing him when he goes to Madrid. I was convinced he'd go in a few years but I hope it's sooner rather than later so we can get the best price.

Agree with you about Ronaldo's assist last night. Can't see how he hasn't been given one as it was the shot and save that led to a goal. :disapointed2se:

Decent night last night, only had the two Croatians playing and Modric got an assist so pleased with that. Stretched my lead to twelve points.

Bit of a conflict of interests tonight though and can see that lead being cut. Akinfeev and Ignashevic vs. Sneijder and van Persie. Promises to be a cracking game.

Decent night last night, only had the two Croatians playing and Modric got an assist so pleased with that. Stretched my lead to twelve points.

Bit of a conflict of interests tonight though and can see that lead being cut. Akinfeev and Ignashevic vs. Sneijder and van Persie. Promises to be a cracking game.

15 points clear now! Poetry in motion are walking away with this..

I am up to 41 now! Was 79 not long ago - need a few goals from Torres and Villa tonight..

Archived