IGNORED

Supporters Club Agm

freezer

Tompo, when you have the chairman(ex) of the supporters club coming on her taking the piss out of the people he is supposed to be representing by gloating about how he and his mates have a cheap drink in comfort at there expense are you at all suprised that the supporters club staff have little to no respect from there own Bronze members.

Voluntary or not, the man has only himself to blame for all the abuse he gets from pissed off fans he and his drinking club buddies laugh at.

The almost non existant contact with the common bronze members for instance leaves us completly in the dark what these "number of issues are" ;

Have read that in fact there will be no bronze membership next year from a poster on here.

There seems to be a definate inner circle who know excactly whats what, the rest havent got a clue;

So enlighten us, keep us informed, tell us whats going on; :sign09:

There is some very delicate liaision going on between the SC and the FC about what will be happening next season. To air these liaisons in the public arena would certainly not be helpfull or appropriate.

As yet these issues are unresolved but hopefully we will know more in a couple of weeks or maybe less.

There is some very delicate liaision going on between the SC and the FC about what will be happening next season. To air these liaisons in the public arena would certainly not be helpfull or appropriate.

As yet these issues are unresolved but hopefully we will know more in a couple of weeks or maybe less.(we,being all of us hopefully)

O.K fair enough, :mafia: a few lines saying this on the SC website or this forum letting the rest of us know this, may of saved a lot of grief.

Nothing against you or anyone else who are involved, its just nice to be kept informed of developments/meetings etc; therefore preventing a us and them club developing.

We are all City and proud after all :city:

Why should they?

A lot of people have been going for a lot of years, meeting the same people etc etc.

That's fine and I don't think anybody has a problem with that. Alot of people don't like the fact that they enjoy this priviledge under the name of Bristol City Supporters Club.

Why should they?

A lot of people have been going for a lot of years, meeting the same people etc etc.

Supporters Trust and Supporters Club are completely different, the supporters club is more of a social thing, the Trust has more ideas in shaping the future og the club from a fans point of view. Some people don't want to go as far as join the trust and are happy to leave it to others.

I don't think critisizing Robbored because he comes on here/is the chairman etc etc is fair unless you have a specific gripe with the man. The supporters club was always a great meeting place whilst I was a member....out of interest whats the fee for membership nowadays ....for adults and kids ? anyone help please ?

Supporters Trust and Supporters Club are completely different, the supporters club is more of a social thing, the Trust has more ideas in shaping the future og the club from a fans point of view. Some people don't want to go as far as join the trust and are happy to leave it to others.

I don't think critisizing Robbored because he comes on here/is the chairman etc etc is fair unless you have a specific gripe with the man. The supporters club was always a great meeting place whilst I was a member....out of interest whats the fee for membership nowadays ....for adults and kids ? anyone help please ?

See SC website; under "fans" on main City website; no membership details agreed yet for next season.

I have seen last years notice stating clearly when and where the SC agm will take place.

It read.

IF YOU NOTICE THIS NOTICE THEN YOU'LL NOTICE THAT THIS NOTICE IS NOT WORTH NOTICING.

Perfectly clear to me, and surprised more supporters didn't notice it.

I didnt notice that, which notice board was i supposed to notice the notice on ? :rolleyes: .

After reading this thread/post for a long time, there is many of "YOU" that ought to get a life!!!!

That "Gold" club, as some of you mention, is FULL, yes FULL, of die hard Bristol City fans.

I'm a member in there,and meet ALL my muckers in many boozers before, and after,the game. Lads who have been City fans ALL their lifes. (30 odd years)

I go to a couple of pub,s before the game, and meet up with friends/family, before we move on to the supporters club, around half 2pm.(another drink :innocent06: )

"Clik"?....yer aving a laugh.

After reading this thread/post for a long time, there is many of "YOU" that ought to get a life!!!!

That "Gold" club, as some of you mention, is FULL, yes FULL, of die hard Bristol City fans.

I'm a member in there,and meet ALL my muckers in many boozers before, and after,the game. Lads who have been City fans ALL their lifes. (30 odd years)

I go to a couple of pub,s before the game, and meet up with friends/family, before we move on to the supporters club, around half 2pm.(another drink :innocent06: )

That's great. Sounds like just my kind of place.

How do I join again?

When I first went in the DEH I was amazed as the curtains were drawn and the doors closed on that room, I don't doubt that all are die hard city fans, but so are us others on the other side of this divide, those with families and friends sat on the floor because there aint enough chairs tables.

The donations given seem to affect the facilities given, which is wrong i.m.h.o we are all SC members and should all be together, whatever the subscriptions.

From the outside, the SC do look like a bunch of *****. And i don't see how that benefits anyone. From the inside, I'd probably like it too.

If they don't want the chaff in their club that's fair enough, don't take the chaff's money, don't appear in the chaff's programme smirking when handing chaff raised funds to the club, just keep yourselves to yourselves so we can try to pretend that the supporters club is for all the supporters without having it clearly shown it's a private members club.

I actively don't like my own teams supporters club. Good Job guys...

I'd get Cardinal Biggles to fetch THE COMFY CHAIR but i suspect things like furnishings and whether to allow your own tankards in the bar are the "delicate liaision" with the club.

That's great. Sounds like just my kind of place.

How do I join again?

Simple, just wait for the moon to be closest to the earth on the fourth Friday of the fifth month in the year ending in 6, be ready to meet the man who calls himself Zoltan in the town known as Zion, there, at the stroke of midday a legendary Eagle will carry the sacred scripts of Gold membership forms and present one, and one only to you.

But be warned, if you were born in a year starting 19 or 20, and you don't know of anyone who is already on the inside of the inner circle and you are a man or woman, then you may not be the right person to join.

I only know of this info because back in the early 90's, me and a 10 strong expedition, set out from my home town in search of the legendary scripts, after travelling nearly a full year across enchanted worlds in far off lands we tracked down a man who was near 150 years old, he held in his hand an ancient map with the words BC-FC G0LD.

There on his death bed he talked of a ginger man who was god of all supporters, who raged war on all who dared enter the DEH, the poor old man was still reluctant to give up his form to any of us, but after we killed him we prised the very fragile piece of paper out of his hand and set out to finish the journey.

Luck wasn't on our side, I lost all my fellow expeditionist along the way, through insane wild creatures who were after the Gold, news had travelled fast that we held the script and the followers of the inner sect tortured and killed all those they thought had come into contact with the ancient form. I was lucky, I was rescued by a kind old lady who's husband had fallen foul to the application form sift, he tried to get in numerous times but unfortunately he found out he was a nobody, an outsider with no connections on the inside.

He went insane and killed himself, citing he had been a supporter of the club he loved but, the suppporters club didnt love him.

I hid in a swamp for 3 months at the bottom of her garden in Horfield until the danger had cleared, then made my way home to begin my life all over again.

I stand before you now a survivor, I was in touching distance of the holy grail, but, like many of you now reading this thinking it's just a short telephone conversation away, or it's just a 30p stamp away, be warned, I give this tale of my epic journey of my failed gold membership application as a warning what is in front of you.

When I first went in the DEH I was amazed as the curtains were drawn and the doors closed on that room, I don't doubt that all are die hard city fans, but so are us others on the other side of this divide, those with families and friends sat on the floor because there aint enough chairs tables.

The donations given seem to affect the facilities given, which is wrong i.m.h.o we are all SC members and should all be together, whatever the subscriptions.

The FC hire out the DEH for a variety of different events - some of which are fashion events.The Gold bar is where the models change which is why the curtains are there.They often don't get taken down immediately and on a few occaisions have been there on a matchday.

The curtains are nothing to do with the SC.

The FC hire out the DEH for a variety of different events - some of which are fashion events.The Gold bar is where the models change which is why the curtains are there.They often don't get taken down immediately and on a few occaisions have been there on a matchday.

The curtains are nothing to do with the SC.

Does Gold membership entitle you to use the bar facilities whilst the models are changing?

Glos. Ive asked the question why curtains are drawn, and doors closed with armed guards on the doors.

That i don't understand. Yet honestly they are a decent bunch in there.

Bob behind the bar has been there for years and is a complete gentlemen, always polite, and that goes for the rest of the barstaff.

The guys that run the show are sound to. I know a few of you like to give Alan (robbered) a hard time, but when the fella was the chairman, and he put his pennysworth in, he was always going to be in the "firing" line.

He aint the chairman anymore, and think its unfair for any of you to carry on with niggling and rude comments towards him.

And before any of you say anything, this aint no "love in " with Robbered!!!!

The sad thing about this is, grown men bitching and making petty schoolgirl comment. When they could just as easily, phone the SC club, drop Robbored a PM or actually put the keyboard and ask one of the SC staff in person. Robbored has offered many times the chance to speak to him on a match day.

Arny, that is Bob Flicker by any chance?

The sad thing about this is, grown men bitching and making petty schoolgirl comment. When they could just as easily, phone the SC club, drop Robbored a PM or actually put the keyboard and ask one of the SC staff in person. Robbored has offered many times the chance to speak to him on a match day.

Arny, that is Bob Flicker by any chance?

Yes mate it is.

Great post to. Hopefully a few will read it and take it in

People forget that the Chairman and all the committee put their time in to the SC on a voluntary basis. All bar one of us have full time time jobs.

Having done the Chairmans job for three years I can tell you that its tough role. Pressure from all sides.The FC, the fans and even non members all want something from you.

People ( almost entirely non members) who put nothing at all back into the FC feel qualified to slag off the SC and individuals associated with it and they themselves decline an invitation to meet up personally to discus things.

I suppose it goes with the nature of being a keyboard warrior. Many don't even have their real names on profile which although its personal choice, to me it reflects a trace of not wanting to be discovered. What are they wanting to hide?

Yes mate it is.

Great post to. Hopefully a few will read it and take it in

I'll ask once more.

How do I get to get a Gold membership?

Arny, you are either with us or against us.

And you Sir, are against us.

It's time you got a life and decided what is important in it.

:city: there is a list of over 100 names at the moment to become gold members.

but you can contact the supporters club via email to put your name on the list for gold membership at

supporters.club@bcfc.co.uk

or go to the supporters club web page on www.bcfc.co.uk and click on the fans banner.

then click on supporters club for more imformation etc.

I'll ask once more.

Arny, you are either with us or against us.

And you Sir, are against us.

It's time you got a life and decided what is important in it.

I'll ask once more.

As yet the SC doesn't know whether there will be Gold members next season.As mentioned earlier in this thread we are in liaison with the club and should hopefully know more later this week.

Archived